Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Aaron Ramsey...

Slowwwww mid who will not get a kick in this comp...

On $1,000 a game from my Hoppers Crossing mail

Money well spent again at Tigerland hahahahahahaha

Can't name too many other occasions in recent years when rochy haven't spent there money well, so not too sure what your on about there sorry.

are Tat aware they have lost Brendan Hollow to Rochester?

Jimmy Hollow is a gun that held his own in Melbourne and earned his cash at Tatura. (All be it alot of $$$). Will be an asset to Rochy. Good luck to him. He will enjoy the challenge i'm sure.

What else is news?

Any big recruits?

Will Martiniello and Will Sullivan from Werribee to Benalla, Sullivan will play apparently when he's not playing for Footscray in VFL, will play 8-10 games plus finals (if Benalla make it) Also, Cam Symes from Mulwala to Benalla

Will Martiniello and Will Sullivan from Werribee to Benalla, Sullivan will play apparently when he's not playing for Footscray in VFL, will play 8-10 games plus finals (if Benalla make it) Also, Cam Symes from Mulwala to Benalla
Will be great for Benalla. Also heard they have a few more on the way.

Will be great for Benalla. Also heard they have a few more on the way.
Is it true Sam Martyn is looking at playing VFL and Nick Warnock might be out for the season with his hammy needing surgery? Big losses if true? Martyn would be silly not to have a crack at VFL, could be another Michael Barlow?

Is it true Sam Martyn is looking at playing VFL and Nick Warnock might be out for the season with his hammy needing surgery? Big losses if true? Martyn would be silly not to have a crack at VFL, could be another Michael Barlow?

Would be big loses for the young side.

Would like people to nominate a person from each GV side they cant afford to loose for season 2014.

Heres my go

Echuca - Simon Buckley
Rochy - Ash Watson
Tat - Paul Kirby
Ky - Paul Newman
Shepp United - Matt Dibella
Shepp Bears - Brad Campbell (I know he wont play) - Still very important to that club
Shepp Swans - Dan Lovick
Benalla - Jordan Wolff
Euroa - Matthew Quinton
Seymour - Saad Saad
Mansfield - Mark Jones
Mooroopna - Daniel Lewis

Nick Warnock doesn't need surgery - his hammy is fine. Not sure if Martyn has made up his mind yet but he is considering a move to the VFL to try his luck. With the additions he might stay for another year?

Division 1 club in Essendon League looking for a CHB - playing assistant coach.

Great remuneration for the right person.

Club has recruited extremely well and is looking at playing finals in 2014.

* would suit someone moving to Melbourne
PM me for details

Is this a joke ? Aaron Ramsay requesting $ 20.0K ........ a 5 foot 7 small forward with no leg speed and cant kick over a jam tin ...... good luck to any club who recruits him plus he has a very poor attitude.

James Wall and Rian McGough will sign with Richmond (VFL) side ans still be aligned with Tatura ......both football mercanaries !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Wall and Rian McGough will sign with Richmond (VFL) side ans still be aligned with Tatura ......both football mercanaries !!
That'd be Coburg? Wall was ordinary anyway, I'm sure for the amount of money Tat would've been paying him, they could get a better player from somewhere else.

That'd be Coburg? Wall was ordinary anyway, I'm sure for the amount of money Tat would've been paying him, they could get a better player from somewhere else.
They are not going to Coburg ...... Richmond are fielding their own VFL side in 2014.

Thats true HTP...will be very handy for KY and a set back for Echuca.

nothing much about Ky so far, has been very quiet on recruiting

With Williams in. Josh Vick back from WA and don't know they will be losing anyone, other than Nick Holman, have kept same team and with further development of their 17- 20 yos will have to be around the top 3 again?

Probably still may pick up another one or two with their connections both country and metro.

Is this a joke ? Aaron Ramsay requesting $ 20.0K ........ a 5 foot 7 small forward with no leg speed and cant kick over a jam tin ...... good luck to any club who recruits him plus he has a very poor attitude.

Of course you are right. He is worth more than Weeks and Watson are to Rochy so why not?
Based on 18 games played for the year thats only $1100 a game and he would be the highest paid player at Rochy.
You might want to think before you post as it usually helps.
These blokes bringing up about his recruitment havent mentioned played over 200 games at Hoppers Crossing, VFL one year and also won a competition B&F in the EDFL so wouldnt think he is the worst player to enter the GVFL. Also good mates with Hollow(now signed) and a big CHF in Wilson? I think is the name.
Can i now suggest the recruitment may be super smart as even if he isnt much chop we got Hollow and a CHF. As per everything time will tell. Look at the comments made about Wall and McGough now Tat dont have the money to pay them.

GVFL69 would like to talk to you if your not one in the same.
Make a thread that you both enjoy.
Blokes who have played at Tat that I now dont like or
Every other team has recruited duds based on my sources or
How long will the rest stick around with us starting our usual 10 year cycle of bottoming out shortly?

They only took what was offered champ so the only ones to blame are the recruiters and club.

Of course you are right. He is worth more than Weeks and Watson are to Rochy so why not?
Based on 18 games played for the year thats only $1100 a game and he would be the highest paid player at Rochy.
These blokes bringing up about his recruitment havent mentioned played over 200 games at Hoppers Crossing, VFL one year and also won a competition B&F in the EDFL so wouldnt think he is the worst player to enter the GVFL. Also good mates with Hollow(now signed) and a big CHF in Wilson? I think is the name.
Can i now suggest the recruitment may be super smart as even if he isnt much chop we got Hollow and a CHF. As per everything time will tell. Look at the comments made about Wall and McGough now Tat dont have the money to pay them.

Hollow was on 30k at tat last year and is leaving because they cut his money, he is a gun but their is no doubt he follows the cash. This 3 player package will be costing Rochy a small fortune. Yes it may turn out to be a master stroke, time will tell I guess.
Rochy have certainly changed their tack in the last few seasons. Their success has always been based around a large crop of talented locals topped off with 3 or 4 quality recruits. The side that lost to united in the elimination final had 9 recruits, two of those have gone and they have replaced them with three more imports. Thats nearly 50% of the side that aren't locals, very un-Rochy like. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

must be two Ramsays at Hoppers because the one who is now at Rochie went to Hoppers with Kade Carey couple years ago, again as a package. Carey was good, but Ramsay battled and has definitely not played 200 games there, was on big money there also. Hollow is the main man of the group and a stand out footballer everywhere he has played but has been at a lot of clubs over last few years. three clubs over the last 3 years at least,

What's peoples thoughts on clubs recruiting player from VFL clubs to top up their sides come finals?

I'm under the impression to qualify in the GVFL you are required to play four games if you've been at the club before and six if you haven't.

I believe with the way the last couple of final series have played out, some GVFL clubs will look at VFL clubs not looking like playing finals as recruiting grounds for there finals campaign.

It is a cheaper way to have the best players on the park when it counts. However cant be good for clubs trying to keep their local list together.

Hollow was on 30k at tat last year and is leaving because they cut his money, he is a gun but their is no doubt he follows the cash. This 3 player package will be costing Rochy a small fortune. Yes it may turn out to be a master stroke, time will tell I guess.
Rochy have certainly changed their tack in the last few seasons. Their success has always been based around a large crop of talented locals topped off with 3 or 4 quality recruits. The side that lost to united in the elimination final had 9 recruits, two of those have gone and they have replaced them with three more imports. Thats nearly 50% of the side that aren't locals, very un-Rochy like. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Playing locals has won the club 3 flags in the past 21 years, but also cost the club flags. Rochy has lost 7 grand finals since 1989 and at least 3 prelims I can think of. I imagine the club wants to have another crack at a flag before Watson, Bowen, Moon etc. all retire. The club has also been very pro-active in obtaining sponsorship the past few years, so I'm sure there would be more money floating around than usual as a result.

Yeah Rochester probably should have been more ruthless in the past and they might have a few more cups in the cabinet. They stole one in 2008 but have been 3 or 4 top liners short every year that has followed and have probably come to that realisation. The general school of thought from GV followers is that your Tats, United and Ky this year atleast are in your 190k to 220k bracket and Rochy have been 150 k to 160k. We know that cash don't win flags on their own but that expenditure is the few quality players that we're talking about just there.

Yeah Rochester probably should have been more ruthless in the past and they might have a few more cups in the cabinet. They stole one in 2008 but have been 3 or 4 top liners short every year that has followed and have probably come to that realisation. The general school of thought from GV followers is that your Tats, United and Ky this year atleast are in your 190k to 220k bracket and Rochy have been 150 k to 160k. We know that cash don't win flags on their own but that expenditure is the few quality players that we're talking about just there.

I prefer to say " Rochy got lucky in 08 "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back