Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Tatsean. As per my comments on the 2012 thread, does any loyalty remain in country footy (GVFL or otherwise), or does it all revolve around the almighty dollar?

We have lost a couple of players to Mooroopna in the past 2 years for $$. Kirbs went to Wang for a couple of seasons but come back....Linc W to the Murray League then come back. A couple others to lower leagues in the area then come back...so I think loyalty to our club is very strong compared to some others. I think all the players we have lost from last season were imports so they can't count. I think in the GVFL you get more players leave for Work and Schooling reasons rather than jump ship to other clubs in the league for $$

We have lost a couple of players to Mooroopna in the past 2 years for $$. Kirbs went to Wang for a couple of seasons but come back....Linc W to the Murray League then come back. A couple others to lower leagues in the area then come back...so I think loyalty to our club is very strong compared to some others. I think all the players we have lost from last season were imports so they can't count. I think in the GVFL you get more players leave for Work and Schooling reasons rather than jump ship to other clubs in the league for $$
Thanks for the reply Tatsean. Apart from Kirbs leaving a sinking ship in Tonny (which I agree he should have done probably even earlier), at least him and Linc didn't leave Tat for other GVL clubs. Apart from Brett Warburton and Brendan Stevens not too many Tat players have jumped ship. Then again if I go back in time Phil Nicholson, Danny Alper, Paul McInenny, Dene Archer and Rocky Bagnato did and they all missed out on premierships at Tat.

makes you think if playing in a premiership is the ultimate goal for alot players, iv had a little bit to do with recruiting and alot of the time winning a premiership is never even mentioned by the player! money is always the big question and i feel sorry for the players who are loyal becuase everybody wants to talk about players that are chasing money and switching clubs all the time

Can fully understand why Echuca would be so disappointed to lose Childs. What is his reason for leaving??? I can't see the real benefit to Ky in recruiting him either, given they have great kids in Coulstock, Dillon, Ryan, Pertzel Gemmill, Ciaverella, Holman ect who have shown abilty and are worth further time in developing their talents. Also his time spent on ball will be limited given that Ogden, Atkins, Seddon and Sheldon would be ahead of him for this position.
Would be intersted to know what sort of money he was offered to come to Ky because to me he is certainly not a priority pick up given what is already there at Ky. If they could snag a ruckman then they would be a real threat, but then again I suppose most clubs would be wishing for the same.....

Can fully understand why Echuca would be so disappointed to lose Childs. What is his reason for leaving??? I can't see the real benefit to Ky in recruiting him either, given they have great kids in Coulstock, Dillon, Ryan, Pertzel Gemmill, Ciaverella, Holman ect who have shown abilty and are worth further time in developing their talents. Also his time spent on ball will be limited given that Ogden, Atkins, Seddon and Sheldon would be ahead of him for this position.
Would be intersted to know what sort of money he was offered to come to Ky because to me he is certainly not a priority pick up given what is already there at Ky. If they could snag a ruckman then they would be a real threat, but then again I suppose most clubs would be wishing for the same.....
Can play anywhere and can also shut good players down and give the blokes you mentioned a chop out. Will be a handy pick up

It is only 8 or 9 weeks until kick off so praccy matches probably starting in 4-5 weeks...so why are there no clearances-in listed on the GVFL website yet? Has the start date for clearances not happened yet?

Can play anywhere and can also shut good players down and give the blokes you mentioned a chop out. Will be a handy pick up
Perhaps so, but so to can the half dozen local blokes who I mentioned. Wouldn't want to be costing Ky much as to my way of thinking he is surplus to requirements given the talent and the same type of players to Childs already on Ky's list

makes you think if playing in a premiership is the ultimate goal for alot players, iv had a little bit to do with recruiting and alot of the time winning a premiership is never even mentioned by the player! money is always the big question and i feel sorry for the players who are loyal becuase everybody wants to talk about players that are chasing money and switching clubs all the time

Flags are probably a bonus. Getting $$$ would be the key for a lot of players I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive story unfolding as we speak and will be broken in the Riverine Herald Tommorrow from my sources. The story could be the biggest football related story in a very long time in the GVFL. My sources say this is only the start...;)

mooroopna have signed some big guns from darwin by all reports! Former brisbane lion jason roe, karl lohde, and former shepp swan iggy vallego... Clubs just arent stopping the recruiting and the admission to games this year will be well worth it.. Also when and if would echuca move to bendigo leauge if happens

Really interested in your opinion on this one Ringo....good move or bad??
My guess could be wrong in relation to OTB but there are whispers about that its being looked at! Travel wouldn't be a factor as Mansfield as far away as Gisborne and Bendigo is an hour at most. I believe that if it happened then it would be detrimental to Rochy as it may make it harder for them as the outpost of the GV and the rivalry is gone. They might also find it harder to get players out of Bendigo. (depends on the future of Bendigo Gold). The money being spent in the GV is huge. The Bendigo league would be less draining on the budget I'd imagine. Probably could reinvigorate footy in the region, strengthen the BFL and see EFC a strong club in the BFL without the huge money needed to compete in the GV. Despite all of that I'd like to see them remain in the GV.

My guess could be wrong in relation to OTB but there are whispers about that its being looked at! Travel wouldn't be a factor as Mansfield as far away as Gisborne and Bendigo is an hour at most. I believe that if it happened then it would be detrimental to Rochy as it may make it harder for them as the outpost of the GV and the rivalry is gone. They might also find it harder to get players out of Bendigo. (depends on the future of Bendigo Gold). The money being spent in the GV is huge. The Bendigo league would be less draining on the budget I'd imagine. Probably could reinvigorate footy in the region, strengthen the BFL and see EFC a strong club in the BFL without the huge money needed to compete in the GV. Despite all of that I'd like to see them remain in the GV.
Ringo...we have had our differences and your post might be a result of the breaking story if it pans out that way, but it isn't the story tommorrow, but rest assured it's big enough to bring down some head honcho's within the GVFL if it is true. Mail is EFC have only told a very small part of the story and the rest that is not reported tommorow is even bigger and will come out !!!!:eek:

Ringo...we have had our differences and your post might be a result of the breaking story if it pans out that way, but it isn't the story tommorrow, but rest assured it's big enough to bring down some head honcho's within the GVFL if it is true. Mail is EFC have only told a very small part of the story and the rest that is not reported tommorow is even bigger and will come out !!!!:eek:

So something has gone on at the top level of the league that has triggered Echuca's interested in moving to Bendigo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back