Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was talk a few players coming back to Rochy next year in Perry Oliver with his knees right and ready to go and Scooter Hann back from WA? Have also been chasing a ruckman as dont think Sam Brennan will be back ( but unsure at this stage - was really good for 8 games this year) and Dan McLinden, Ryan Smith wont be back unless something changes.
Just need a couple of the younger blokes to step up and take the on ball roles ( and be allowed to play these positions for a few weeks) Nic OConnor, Nath Marrone and McCarty's should be doing a preseason to play these positions and given some time to develop into roles. They all have wheels and need to establish themselves 2014. Having Anderson back for a full year will also no doubt help and if Scooter was to come back is a very good onballer/small forward.
Was talk a few players coming back to Rochy next year in Perry Oliver with his knees right and ready to go and Scooter Hann back from WA? Have also been chasing a ruckman as dont think Sam Brennan will be back ( but unsure at this stage - was really good for 8 games this year) and Dan McLinden, Ryan Smith wont be back unless something changes.
Just need a couple of the younger blokes to step up and take the on ball roles ( and be allowed to play these positions for a few weeks) Nic OConnor, Nath Marrone and McCarty's should be doing a preseason to play these positions and given some time to develop into roles. They all have wheels and need to establish themselves 2014. Having Anderson back for a full year will also no doubt help and if Scooter was to come back is a very good onballer/small forward.

Oliver signed at lockington

Will united lose a few do you think and whats thoughts on coaching appointments?? I think it could work but am sure tim would have to fix his on field discipline if he has to lead by example....
Don't think looby has had any disciplinary issues since the granny against the cats (correct me if im wrong)..sure he carries on a bit after a goal and the like.. some may call that a discipline issue, some call it passion for footy and your club..

Where to?

Off Rochys FB

Disappointing news as Luke 'Geez' Gestier will be leaving the Club after his stellar first season. Geez will be moving home for personal reasons to be closer to home. Thanks for your valuable contributions to the club Geez, all the best in the future!

Don't think looby has had any disciplinary issues since the granny against the cats (correct me if im wrong)..sure he carries on a bit after a goal and the like.. some may call that a discipline issue, some call it passion for footy and your club..

I love the guy and think he is a stellar footballer. He is a good thinker and will eventually make a good coach. But u can't deny he still does have discipline issues. Whether it be mouthing off at the umpire or opposition players and even his own team mates at times. Not sure u can have a playing coach doing this all the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off Rochys FB

Disappointing news as Luke 'Geez' Gestier will be leaving the Club after his stellar first season. Geez will be moving home for personal reasons to be closer to home. Thanks for your valuable contributions to the club Geez, all the best in the future!

Bugger

Yer Gestier was good for the Tiges so will be a loss they will need to be aggressive towards their recruiting to try and take the next step.

I haven't been following the media too much but has their been an official appointment at Shepparton United, Echuca and at the Ky Bombers?

That's disappointing for the Dogs What did you think of the appointment of V'Donk Roy? Reasonably low profile for a Club like Tat.

Luke West - Bendigo Addy
SOUTH Bendigo Football Club has received a double blow with the departure of this year's best and fairest and leading goalkicker.
Skipper Brady Childs and full-forward Justin Maddern have signed with Goulburn Valley Football League club Shepparton Swans as the exodus of star players from the Bendigo Football League continues.
Childs, who has been skipper of South Bendigo for the past three seasons and this year won his first club best and fairest, said he was looking forward to the fresh challenge of playing in the GVFL.
"I've been at South for a long time and something I've always wanted to do is play Goulburn Valley footy and challenge myself over there," Childs said on Wednesday.
"At my age, it's probably now or never.
"It's nothing against South Bendigo. I love the club and will be back at some stage, but the timing feels right and my young family will probably travel a bit better now than they would have previously.
"And as someone who has aspirations to coach, to be able to experience a new league and a new club should be beneficial."
Maddern was this year's Ron Best medallist as the BFL's leading goalkicker. He kicked 67goals for the Bloods in 2013.
Maddern said his decision was based purely on family reasons.
"It has been a couple of years coming. It's the home club of my partner Brianna with her netball, plus her brother plays there and her dad is on the committee," Maddern said.
"They've been trying to get us back over there for the past few years, but it hasn't fit until now.
"But having a newborn, Brianna wants to get back over to Shepparton a bit more to see her family, so that's the main reason.
"It's something we need to do as a family and we're really looking forward to it."
Both Childs and Maddern were members of this year's BFL inter-league team.

That's disappointing for the Dogs What did you think of the appointment of V'Donk Roy? Reasonably low profile for a Club like Tat.
A high profile coach does not always mean success, Donks has been at the club since 09 and won't two flags in the reserves as coach n a flag last year as an assisstant coach under SJ. It'll be a good fit I reckon as his done a good apprenticeship at the club and two years under SJ couldn't hurt.

Good pick ups for the Swans. I hear we have signed 95% of our list from this year with 1 leaving (Egan) and 3 maybes. Lovick being 1 of those but now that Besty has signed again as asst coach he is supposedly a very good chance of staying.

I'm not familiar with the Goulburm Valley mate, so not sure who V'Donk is! I was jumping on this thread to find out more about the divide that went through the playing group upon a local players return from overseas! He created a very unpleasant environment from what I'm hearing.

Not sure that appointing a former Tatura senior premiership player with success in the GVFL as a reserves coach is that low profile. Fully professional and anyone who knows him has to respect his dedication and work ethic. Perhaps the departing players says more about them.

Hearing reports that Mooroopna are having a massive clean out of players not living upto expectations, a couple have already been axed or had massive pay cuts, much overdue over there!
Also reports Simon Russle former young gun, Kaine Greening Congupna BnF winner and former club gun Ash Hockey have commited to club, good to see them getting there local talent back

Interesting comment given that the side, for most of the season, had a lot of young blokes with twenty-five games or less under their belt and were only on the basic match payment. The Darwin players perhaps?

Not sure that appointing a former Tatura senior premiership player with success in the GVFL as a reserves coach is that low profile. Fully professional and anyone who knows him has to respect his dedication and work ethic. Perhaps the departing players says more about them.
Not sure why you have questioned the integrity of the departing players there Woody! From what I'm hearing their decision to move on had nothing to do with the coaching appointment, it was purely based on one players anti-social behaviour and selfish actions on game day. Something no one seems to want to comment on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back