Remove this Banner Ad

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Well, even though the Jack Watts pre-season training-requirement-incident was overemphasised by the media, it's been shown that Goody is willing to drop people for poor form and failure to meet training standards.

Recruiting Hibberd, Lewis and Melksham(I'm aware Roos was official coach but Goody liked Melksham and no doubt had a say in this transaction) also points to Goody not handing out any freebies anymore. He wants everyone to feel threatened for a game in their respective positions. If Goody was about youth he could've elevated Mitch White(could still be a great prospect, a great kick of the footy), given Corey Maynard and Trenner more gametime during JLT and allowed ANB to play more in the guts.

By this notion, I think OMac and Weidemann don't play round one. OMac got his fair share of games, mainly due to his youth and our lack of young tall defenders. Weed played 3 of the last 4 games last season and showed quite a bit vs Hawthorn.
However, both are still very raw. Weidemann is at least 5-6 kilos off what he needs to be to be able to win one-on-ones against good defenders. OMac is also still quite raw in terms of game awareness and build.

Unlike in previous years, we have proven performers who can take the spot of these two. Pederson has shown that he can clunk marks, and his weight loss this pre season should've impressed Goodwin. Tim Smith is a shrewd recruit who does everything we want from a key forward vs the Saints.
Frost was very strong one on one last season, and his deficiencies are similar to OMac in his kicking and distribution of the ball.

I know that AFL experience is ideal but the fact is, we are taking no passengers this year. OMac and Weed will be unlikely to positively impact the game in round one, or round two, or round three until they build up some very strong VFL form. They have already had the taste of AFL football delivered to them. Now, it is time they EARN AFL football like Gawn, Vandeberg, Jetta etc. The experience of working diligently to earn afl football will aid their development in the future. This year, we are ambitious. Return to top eight where we rightly belong. Goody's trades and draft selections suggest this. It's time our team selection and attitude match this. Only TMac, Jones, Viney and Gawn are safe, because they've demonstrated consistent excellence. Clarry isn't safe if he has a three week slump. Neither is our golden boy Petracca. Hibberd has to keep an eye out for Mitch White who might take his spot, Kent needs to track Johnstone and BenKen who will be nipping at his heels all season.
#Whatever it takes

While I agree O-Mac is still a liability at times, do we actually have anyone else to play back there?

Frost is injured, Keity is on the rookie-list, and Garland is Garland. O-Mac plays round 1.

While I agree O-Mac is still a liability at times, do we actually have anyone else to play back there?

Frost is injured, Keity is on the rookie-list, and Garland is Garland. O-Mac plays round 1.
Fair enough a pretty uneducated post on my part then...

Especially when they post on the MB and noone else shares the enthusiasm...
Man, you're not allowed to have any opinions on the Mainboard. I saw your oliver thread, i'm not religious but i prayed for you

Man, you're not allowed to have any opinions on the Mainboard. I saw your oliver thread, i'm not religious but i prayed for you

Can someone link me to this? Has one of our esteemed moderators gone out on a limb to suggest Oliver is going to be a potato?

Someone asking for a link to an embarrassing thread clearly has no intentions of being well-behaved. That said, disappointed to see it was just an embarrassing case of gun-jumping rather than writing Oliver off. Boo, Striker475 ...
If you want writing someone off, can I direct you to the Josh Wagner thread...

If you want writing someone off, can I direct you to the Josh Wagner thread...

Not without a link, no. Do you expect me to find these things myself?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, even though the Jack Watts pre-season training-requirement-incident was overemphasised by the media, it's been shown that Goody is willing to drop people for poor form and failure to meet training standards...
..#Whatever it takes

But Not That.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back