Golf Golf Course rankings, and general golf course chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd looked at Huntingdale, Spring Valley, Metropolitan, Yarra Yarra and Commonwealth. Riversdale is the next level down but it's still out of budget.

Keysborough seems reasonable, but don't know what the course is like.
If you wanted to play a lot in next two years I'd be putting a line through Huntingdale (just started a 2 year renovation) and potentially Spring Valley as they are going to need to rip up their greens soon (were horrendous on Friday when I played).

If you are under 40 Commonwealth and Yarra Yarra are two of the last clubs to still offer discounts to this category.

If you wanted to play a lot in next two years I'd be putting a line through Huntingdale (just started a 2 year renovation) and potentially Spring Valley as they are going to need to rip up their greens soon (were horrendous on Friday when I played).

If you are under 40 Commonwealth and Yarra Yarra are two of the last clubs to still offer discounts to this category.

Wonder what Yarra Yarra fees are like

Brookwater is really fun and is a bit different to the average course in Aus. Not many courses sit walled by native Australian forest.

Played again recently. Layout and setting is superb in the forest.
I reckon it’s gone off a bit since last time I played, maybe due to heavy traffic. Also due to the shape of fairways you get these collection areas where balls roll into. Creates a heap of wear and tear in one spot.

Metropolitan and Kingston Heath have often and regularly exchanged tee times. Livonski can confirm this.

Metro probably looking locally for assitance to their memebrs probably.

I think a few of the sandbelt clubs help each other out during closures. Wouldn’t be a heap of tee times available for Metro members but they will be looked after.
KH already has this as an item for when we host Pres Cup. First question members ask is how long we’ll be off and where can we play?

I think a few of the sandbelt clubs help each other out during closures. Wouldn’t be a heap of tee times available for Metro members but they will be looked after.
KH already has this as an item for when we host Pres Cup. First question members ask is how long we’ll be off and where can we play?
How long will you be off and where can you play?

How long will you be off and where can you play?

It’s not until 2028 but apparently a month plus off. Where? Who knows but deals will be done with RM, Vic, Metro, YY etc. But we’ll only get tee times here and there, especially during their quiet times. It’s not like they’ll push off their own members to make way.
Price you pay to have these events

Wonder what Yarra Yarra fees are like
In terms of annual subs all sandbelts are generally all in the range $5.5k-6.5k annually.

If you're 25-40yo both Commonwealth and YY (last I checked) apply discounts to that rate which may make the annual sub more palatable. It's generally on a sliding scale with less discount applying the closer you get to age 40.

Joining fees are a separate discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not until 2028 but apparently a month plus off. Where? Who knows but deals will be done with RM, Vic, Metro, YY etc. But we’ll only get tee times here and there, especially during their quiet times. It’s not like they’ll push off their own members to make way.
A month off isn't too bad. Plenty of courses around for you to play. Would love to know if these events make money in their own right or if they're used as general marketing for Melbourne/Vic/Australian golf.

Correct.

In terms of annual subs all sandbelts are generally all in the range $5.5k-6.5k annually.

If you're 25-40yo both Commonwealth and YY (last I checked) apply discounts to that rate which may make the annual sub more palatable. It's generally on a sliding scale with less discount applying the closer you get to age 40.

Joining fees are a separate discussion.

Correct.

So here’s a good rumour for you all.

Eastern Golf Club. The club whose clubs house burnt down.

Their insurance claim has been put on hold due to a multi million dollar fraud case. Apparently the GM, head pro and super had been taking money ever since they opened up the new course

So here’s a good rumour for you all.

Eastern Golf Club. The club whose clubs house burnt down.

Their insurance claim has been put on hold due to a multi million dollar fraud case. Apparently the GM, head pro and super had been taking money ever since they opened up the new course

Wow

Any shares going at the Nash peternorth ?
There will be. It's a matter of enquiring with the club. Not sure what they are currently going for , you still have to go through interview process etc. I would be shocked of sideswipe brother is selling, why would you?

What do the lease go for these days?
The lease is just paying the yearly subs of the member you lease from. Was $5349 this year and about $600 bartab which you can use on takeways at the end of the year if you havent used it all during the year.

You can lease only for either 2 or 3 years and then have to make a decison to buy a share. The shareholder themselves can continue to lease their share for as many years as they want but obviously not to the same person.

The lease is just paying the yearly subs of the member you lease from. Was $5349 this year and about $600 bartab which you can use on takeways at the end of the year if you havent used it all during the year.

You can lease only for either 2 or 3 years and then have to make a decison to buy a share. The shareholder themselves can continue to lease their share for as many years as they want but obviously not to the same person.
Bar tab is great

I would be shocked of sideswipe brother is selling, why would you?
Had heard anecdotally that some members were getting $50k for their shares (which were trading circa $10k pre-Covid).

$50k for a Nash share is way overs for mine and we may be seeing the top of the market.

Patterson River an option for you?
Haven't checked, the more I look into them the more they seem unaffordable for me. Will probably stick with something like Future as I can't justify the member costs with the amount I'd likely play, and I like the variety of course play.

Maybe down the track when I'm semi retired and could play somewhere 2-3 times a week that's a bit further away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back