Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Promo and relegation would be OK for lower divisions, although it's still a s**t concept, but the top division needs to stay settled. The other problem is travel. It's all very well seeing Scottsdale fall out of a division and saying "you're playing that group of teams now", but if that group is Longford, Perth, Bracknell and Evandale, that's a big ask for lower standard sides...you just can't keep the enthusiasm up to build a side, and that's how teams fold. The alternative is to plug away in your own group, but as an example, the thrashings that occur in both the Darwin Association and the NWFA, both comps right next to each other, make promo and relegation look like a positive. It's a tough conundrum, but you're better off ensuring the best players are in elite teams, and the rest have an even chance of winning. At the end of the day, it's all about what the team focus is, and if a team playing for the jumper gets thrashed against elite development focused sides every week, then there's a problem. Instead of Div 2 and Div 3, have NTFA Regional North and NTFA Regional South, or similar, and do the same thing in Hobart. It's tenuous these days, and you need every player more committed to staying for whatever their reasoning is...

In the north and south, I'd only have four teams each. If you're going regional, the standard can't be allowed to slip too far or you risk losing too many good players...if you can't play for the VFL Devils, a statewide development comp won't cut it, and you'll go to the mainland or just ditch it altogether...

North - Launceston, North, South and Rocherlea. North and Rocherlea would have to work out their east and north zones. Longford would probably bang the door down, but both they and Deloraine are country sides who haven't dominated their regional leagues...it took a long time for Longford to earn the status of reigning premiers! And Deloraine is a bit of a no man's land, which is why they've jumped between the N and the NW over the last century with little success...they just can't hang onto enough good players to be a force...

In the South, it's Clarence, Glenorchy, North Hobart and Kingborough. As a much bigger population, you could easily make a case for keeping Lauderdale, who've always been pros, and you'd think some up and comer would want in as the sixth. Someone mentioned Brighton...with no opposition up that end, maybe they'd do a better job solidifying the club and being competitive than they've shown in the last two decades...

The NW do their own thing, no problem. I love the idea of Circular Head being in there, but the reality is not looking great. It's been a long time since the CHFA and and the Saints both did well in the same season. We probably won't see East again, although I did hear a recent rumour. That six is still a good combo...

So - NTFA:
NTFA Premier - North, Lton, South and Rocherlea
NTFA North regional - GT, Hillwood, Bridport, Scottsdale, Lilydale, East Coast, Uni, Bridgenorth
NTFA South regional - Bracknell, Longford, Evandale, Deloraine, Perth, Meander Valley, St Pats, OSFC and OLFC

SFL:
Premier - Clarence, Glenorchy, North, Kingborough
SFL West - Cygnet, Huonville, New Norfolk, Claremont, Hobart + 1...could Sandy Bay make a comeback...?
SFL East - Lindisfarne, Sorell, Dodges, Brighton, Lauderdale + 1...maybe from the Oatlands DFA...?
IF Lauderdale ended up in the top league, either New Norfolk or Brighton would join them...if a four team elite isn't created, six v eight team comps would be better than two sevens. But no promo regardless...

NWFL as is. No one tells the NW what to do...!
I like the concept, but the lower divisions are too uneven. You can’t have clubs like Meander playing against Bracknell and Longford. Poor Bridport would probably go back into recess if they were getting pumped by clubs like Hillwood and Bridgenorth every second week. Be better off separating the comps by having the premier division clubs joined by a few of the stronger Div 1 clubs like Scotch and St Pats and then the smaller clubs like Uni, Meander, Bridport etc can be in their own division.

I like the concept, but the lower divisions are too uneven. You can’t have clubs like Meander playing against Bracknell and Longford. Poor Bridport would probably go back into recess if they were getting pumped by clubs like Hillwood and Bridgenorth every second week. Be better off separating the comps by having the premier division clubs joined by a few of the stronger Div 1 clubs like Scotch and St Pats and then the smaller clubs like Uni, Meander, Bridport etc can be in their own division.
Nah! The entire point of keeping an elite top division is to siphon off the talent and concentrate up high, for the express purpose of ensuring that the bridge between VFL and the top Tasmanian clubs is not as great as it was 15 years ago. At the end of the day, Meander Valley, Deloraine, Longford, Bridgenorth...all of them are smaller Tasmanian towns with no real population advantages over each other. Give it a few years, and there's no reason the better country sides wouldn't swap places. But the top teams need to stay there in that division - Launceston and North Launceston should always be a destination for a better northern footballer, Clarence and Glenorchy, etc the same down south...

Nah! The entire point of keeping an elite top division is to siphon off the talent and concentrate up high, for the express purpose of ensuring that the bridge between VFL and the top Tasmanian clubs is not as great as it was 15 years ago. At the end of the day, Meander Valley, Deloraine, Longford, Bridgenorth...all of them are smaller Tasmanian towns with no real population advantages over each other. Give it a few years, and there's no reason the better country sides wouldn't swap places. But the top teams need to stay there in that division - Launceston and North Launceston should always be a destination for a better northern footballer, Clarence and Glenorchy, etc the same down south...

Unless something dramatic happens, the structure looks like being a Northern comp, a southern comp & the NTFL.

That's 3 ordinary competitions which as you indicate, were a poor underpinning foe the last VFL adventure.

Unless something dramatic happens, the structure looks like being a Northern comp, a southern comp & the NTFL.

That's 3 ordinary competitions which as you indicate, were a poor underpinning foe the last VFL adventure.
But that was three comps with eight or more teams each. Maybe I've been spending a bit too much time on Trove looking at the 1930's, but all of those comps, elite and small, functioned with on average four teams each. And it's not public interest driving these either, unlike the old days...today it's pathways and funding. As we've said, you just want the comps to not have huge chasms between levels...

An alternative would be the intrastate comp, expanded to more games and maybe some flexible player transfer rules...say a dropped Devil being able to play with any team if the roster is full of byes...

But that was three comps with eight or more teams each. Maybe I've been spending a bit too much time on Trove looking at the 1930's, but all of those comps, elite and small, functioned with on average four teams each. And it's not public interest driving these either, unlike the old days...today it's pathways and funding. As we've said, you just want the comps to not have huge chasms between levels...

An alternative would be the intrastate comp, expanded to more games and maybe some flexible player transfer rules...say a dropped Devil being able to play with any team if the roster is full of byes...

I argued many moons ago for an 8 team TSL. 4S 2N 2NW. They'd play in 2 conferences. Southern 4 & Northern 4. So say Burnie would play the other 3 northern sides 4 times each ie twice home twice away. Thats 12 games. Then they'd play the 4 southern teams once each away & once each at home. thats 8 games, so 20 in total. Only senior teams would travel to the other conference. ie the reserves & u18s would play against the other in conference teams 5 times. So it very much reduces travel.

I'd think this would still work with quite modest support, like $200k per team. A salary cap of say $150k.

Having the AFL team, in time, would generate coaches available to play in this league, like they often do in the other state leagues.

Anyway.

Great result for Lauderdale against North Hobart after the untimely passing of club legend Diesel Mead the previous Saturday night in car accident.
Came from about 6 goals down to get up and pinch it.
Very big crowd there and the whole day was done extremely well by both clubs in paying their respects to him.
I have to say Lauderdale look far better playing as the Cats rather than the Bombers, just seems more Lauderdaley, or as I always remember them anyway.

Clarence got their pants pulled down by Launnie and got belted by 80 points, Kingston belted Glenorchy by a lot.

Hi all,
My name is Chuckinho and I am looking to create the TSL for the new AFL23 game.
I have made some graphics like Guernseys, Sponsors and Logos and have found team lists on PlayHQ, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to help with getting some info on player positions, player likenesses and even ratings perhaps.
If you can PM or post on here, I'd love to have some help to make it as authentic as possible.

Hi all,
My name is Chuckinho and I am looking to create the TSL for the new AFL23 game.
I have made some graphics like Guernseys, Sponsors and Logos and have found team lists on PlayHQ, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to help with getting some info on player positions, player likenesses and even ratings perhaps.
If you can PM or post on here, I'd love to have some help to make it as authentic as possible.
Start a conversation with me and I’ll give you a lot of information.

Start a conversation with me and I’ll give you a lot of information.
Sounds great. I'll PM you.

Does anyone have a picture of the front and or back of a Kingborough Tigers guernsey laid flat?
I'm trying to make the guernsey for AFL23, but can't find a nice flat image to work from anywhere online. 348283985_225398866898360_9109079853329641027_n.jpg 350969392_783995939766053_5550953847139786420_n.jpg m trying to make the guernsey for AFL23, but can't find a nice flat image to work from anywhere online.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarence only have the one representative in Baxter Norton.
I’ve been told Sam Green, Colin Garland, Ollie Preshaw, Keegan Wylie, Oscar Paprotny weren’t picked.

Can't believe Sam Green isn't picked. Colin Garland and Keegan Wylie maybe injured? Noticed both didn't play last weekend. I think the final team is missing an out and out key forward, Siggins and Tomkinson can no doubt both play forward but both predominately play ruck at club level. A Garland type would of been perfect.

Can't believe Sam Green isn't picked. Colin Garland and Keegan Wylie maybe injured? Noticed both didn't play last weekend. I think the final team is missing an out and out key forward, Siggins and Tomkinson can no doubt both play forward but both predominately play ruck at club level. A Garland type would have been perfect.
Garland and Green were overlooked.

Green should of been third tall back ahead of McGuinness or House.

I think we will flog them. Only chance they have is we are short down back.

In a season which has had more upsets and close games then other previous seasons, if Clarence win this week and Lauderdale lose you would say the top four is set.

Oh...was kinda thinking to myself it's been as predictable as fxxx...! I haven't even bothered tipping winners as such, I just cue up the TSL replays on Youtube, make a tip, and then count the wrong ones. Got 6 wrong this year, not sure what round we're up to. The games have been closer though...

Thane Brady has been going on about some meeting to discuss the future of the TSL with AFL Tasmania tonight, I am gathering that all the TSL clubs will be involved there. Been reading the North Launceston facebook page the last couple of days and there's been a lot of chatter about the future of the league by Thane and the vice pres too.

Anyone know why North Launceston do not have a Facebook page at the moment? Has it been removed or have the club taken it down?

Sure you haven't been banned?

Works fine for me.
Anyone know why North Launceston do not have a Facebook page at the moment? Has it been removed or have the club taken it down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back