News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess is you wont be able to watch tennis if you dont go to the source owners which will be the Saudis. BeIn will lose out and not have there contracts anymore with WTA/ATP

Is it just me or is the video replay part of the BeIn site crap, i tried a few different videos, constant buffering SD video. Gone back to other sites on the net and no problems at all.

If they took over the slams, they would probably push for a slam there which means we lose Aus open and probably be replaced with a 1000 tournament. I really dont feel good about the Saudis been involved in tennis

If they took over the slams, they would probably push for a slam there which means we lose Aus open and probably be replaced with a 1000 tournament. I really dont feel good about the Saudis been involved in tennis
I dont think the WTA/Ladies would allow something like that to go to Saudi Arabia, with their policies on female equity.

For this very reason, the WTA is under massive pressure from former players not to follow the ATP.

Regardless, the 4 slams are here to stay. Never going to change for the foreseeable future.

The four slams are set in concrete ! I am certain that the WTA is returning to China later in the year. Just checked and there are a mere seven tournaments in China including the end of series tournament in Zhuhai. I am surprised that Steve Simon is still the CEO - Will add that not many countries in the world have true female equality, so you are running down a slippery slope.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bernie is back in the news again. At first I thought it was a stunt but they did look to be laying into him.

It has been suspected for a long time that Bernie is involved with tennis match fixing to fund his lifestyle. Maybe it has caught up with him.

Sounds like the End of year finals will be held in the Czech Republic.

As long as they allow the Russian and Belarussian players in. (which they will)

They ended up announcing it will be played in Cancun, Mexico on a one year contract paving the way for Saudi Arabia in 2024. Cancun is a decent timezone for us.

Serena is just bitter she never got to 24.

Gee four years I really hope that Simona can get it reduced or better still clear her name completely. Gosh Serena never changes, she is so bitter. She got trounced by Kerber as well plus Osaka at the USO. The result must be devasting for Simona.

Hmmm, few interesting things there:

• Not surprised United Cup has gone to two cities, I wonder how format is changing with finals set to take place Saturday & Sunday, makes me think they are going back to best of 3 matches (semis Saturday, finals Sunday but we'll see)
  • Brisbane WTA being a 48 draw, that's going to be fun.
  • Canberra now a 125k WTA, nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back