News General sports discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

My mate caught the ball from the game-winning field goal at the Super Bowl
Straight to an auction house, although I'd be tempted to bring it home and at least have it on display in the mancave for a little bit first.

I would sell it & buy a Porsche & with what’s left over, off to Chadstone ‘The Fashion Capital’ 😜
I'd be buying a 65 Mustang, an Indian Chief and a new car for my wife.

Amazing, historic feat, one that may be broken again, but not for decades I would say (took Lebron 38 years to break Kareem's all time scoring record)

Really nice and historic moment I am glad I watched live.

My 5c...
Working from home can have it's benefits. I was able to have the game on in the background, then took a break to watch the moments before, the shot itself and the aftermath.
I'm not a big LeBron fan but can appreciate greatness and historical moments.

As for the ongoing debate around the G.O.A.T.
There's no real criteria for the greatest. It's largely subjective and people will use whatever they can to push their own opinion.

If rings are the benchmark, you can't go past Russell. You have to respect someone who has more rings than fingers. That's a record that I can't see being beaten, even in the modern era of players jumping teams to chase glory. But you won't find too many who say that Russell was the best player ever.

Overall achievements? Well it's hard to go past Jordan with 6 rings (2 x 3peats), 10 x scoring champ, 6 x finals MVP, 5 x regular season MVP, 14 x all-star, 9 x all-defensive, 1 x DPOY, plus many more.

If you want to look at playing at a high level for a long time, it's hard to go past LeBron.

Having said all that, if somebody asked me if I'd prefer Jordan's career or LeBron's, I'd take Jordan's.
And that's why I call Jordan the G.O.A.T.

I would sell it & buy a Porsche & with what’s left over, off to Chadstone ‘The Fashion Capital’ 😜
He should sell it. Make a devoted fan happy and use the money to do something worthwhile.
It's worth only lies in the passion behind supporting that winning team.(imho)
Of course you'd probably get some rich shmuck who wants it to impress friends and doesn't even support NFL or at least that team.
Arrow's idea is good cos then all the true fans get to see it and feel good.
Not sure about the royalties part, but an excellent gesture for undisclosed amount.

Ps. Porsche? Meh. Astin Martin!

He should sell it. Make a devoted fan happy and use the money to do something worthwhile.
It's worth only lies in the passion behind supporting that winning team.(imho)
Of course you'd probably get some rich shmuck who wants it to impress friends and doesn't even support NFL or at least that team.
Arrow's idea is good cos then all the true fans get to see it and feel good.
Not sure about the royalties part, but an excellent gesture for undisclosed amount.

Ps. Porsche? Meh. Astin Martin!

Aston Martin MEH

Porsche - 'there is no substitute' :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd get a fortune for it, but I hope he doesn't sell it. Frame it and keep it for a lifetime.

Will get plenty for it, but it’s priceless IMO. Should keep it.

ffs, women's maroons trying to celebrate after losing to nsw - give these people a best of 3 you utter morons........
Great game to watch amazing ending

Remove this Banner Ad

Back