No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think it works like that. Would have to be delisted by Richmond to then get picked up as a Delisted Free Agent. If he retires would have to sit out the next season iirc.
Surely not if he doesn't have a contract for next season?

Seems to be a moot point, his manager came out and said it was rubbish.

Surely not if he doesn't have a contract for next season?

Seems to be a moot point, his manager came out and said it was rubbish.
Talking specifically about the retirement rule. If he fills in the retirement form, he doesn't qualify as a free agent. It's what Jones did. But as Stam said, he's going to be a UFA at the end of the year anyway, so would be silly to do the retirement thing. If he wanted to quit now, and Richmond wanted to use his spot in the mid-season draft, simplest way to do it would be to put him on the Inactive List - similar to a long-term injury.

Hard to see what he'd gain by continuing to go around. If he wants to, he's certainly good enough still.

3 premierships, Norm Smiths, Brownlow, Player Association/Coaches Association awards.

Richmond aren't going to be competing in the next year or two.

Can easily see why the hunger would no longer be there. He's been an absolutely remarkable player for a very long time.

Even if he takes a massive pay cut, he’ll still be on over half a million a year.
Doubt anyone will pay him that much to do anything other than footy.
How much will he have earned in his career through salary and endorsements?

Even if he didn't use his money well, he could walk into any commentary job he wanted.

Dustin Martin?
Sure, why not? Selwood and Cotchin are as vanilla as they come. He couldn't be as poor as them.

Sorry I more meant special comments, not a play by play caller.

Or he could coach. There's any number of ways he would still make money through AFL if he felt the need to.

I've always got the impression we likely won't see him again once he goes though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, why not? Selwood and Cotchin are as vanilla as they come. He couldn't be as poor as them.

Or he could coach. There's any number of ways he would still make money through AFL if he felt the need to.

I've always got the impression we likely won't see him again once he goes though.
Selwood and Cotchin captained their clubs. To premierships. They both did heaps of media prior to retirement.

How much media has Dusty done over his entire career?

1712715246872.png

Have you heard him speak?

No disrespect to the guy, but some people aren't cut out to be media types.

Absolutely ridiculous Clarkson, who’s a recidivist of the highest order, got a suspended sentence and Finlayson gets 3 matches.

Not condoning what Finlayson said at all, but he brought it to the attention of his football staff at the very next quarter break and apologised at the end of the game.
That to me shows real regret and wanting to make things right. wtf did Clarkson do? Nothing until the AFL made a big deal out of it

hecking complete amateurs at AFL house

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back