Geelong to go undefeated in 2024??

Remove this Banner Ad

The horrendous goal kicking conversion is unforgivable. it already arguably cost us past years flag so it's frustrating to be having games like this again.
This is why I want to rate Melbourne as a genuine premiership threat but I still have reservations (as I did in 2022 and 2023) while they remain this inefficient. It will cost you games against teams that play well. Geelong did not play well on the weekend and Cameron still fluffed his lines with the game on the line.

The Carlton and Melbourne games were both genuine 50/50s. A close win and a close loss to Geelong was about the most predictable outcome that could occur. I said as much before heading into the Carlton game.

P.S you tipped against Geelong in both games.
It was just a setup for a Back to the Future 2 reference in my last comment. Good movie, I recommend.

This is why I want to rate Melbourne as a genuine premiership threat but I still have reservations (as I did in 2022 and 2023) while they remain this inefficient. It will cost you games against teams that play well. Geelong did not play well on the weekend and Cameron still fluffed his lines with the game on the line.
well yeah the game was only on the line because of our inaccurate kicking. But I have no issues with your stance. I have a similar belief .

Chris Fagan approves

well yeah the game was only on the line because of our inaccurate kicking. But I have no issues with your stance. I have a similar belief .

Another way to look at it is (only a theory of mine), maybe Melbourne are trying to peak at the right time when it matters most....during Finals football. Go back to 2021 when they won the Premiership...they played outstanding footy in that Finals series. In 2022 and 2023 they were off the boil. Maybe they want to play at their best at the right time of the year - September.

Another way to look at it is (only a theory of mine), maybe Melbourne are trying to peak at the right time when it matters most....during Finals football. Go back to 2021 when they won the Premiership...they played outstanding footy in that Finals series. In 2022 and 2023 they were off the boil. Maybe they want to play at their best at the right time of the year - September.

Yup it’s a thing. Hardwick emphasised it after our 2018 PF loss, 19 and 20 he usually tried different things up until the bye and I believe both seasons combined we only had 1 loss after the byes (being the 2020 QF when Lynch was out)

lol, you could literally make the identical argument for us.

While you were busy kicking 7 consecutive behinds at one point we kicked 7 in a row plus an out on the full plus we had a ball bouncing straight towards goal with a 2-on-1 and neither player managed to get a boot on it 😂

You guys had a couple of extra shots yes. But it wasn’t a case of one team having a dozen extra opportunities like Carlton did the week before and couldn’t bury the game. Both teams had the same problem then suddenly both teams started to actually kick goals. It’s an odd argument

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are trying to be inaccurate until it counts? It's a lofty goal but I'm not sure it works that way.

I think you're definitely right. Because Oliver and Petraccas time on ground is well down this year.

Wosh id say the thread question he been answered - Geelong has lost and can’t go undefeated.

Time to lock this up and move on?

Go Catters

Wosh id say the thread question he been answered - Geelong has lost and can’t go undefeated.

Time to lock this up and move on?

Go Catters
It will eventually die an organic death :babyangel:
We’re very green here at Bigfooty.

Last edited:
It will eventually die an organic death :babyangel:
We’re very green here at Bigfooty.
This one’s now a little brown I’d say… perhaps olive even.. but sure

Go Catters

Undefeated was very obviously not going to happen. Still, I think Geelong are potentially one of the top 4 sides this year and a very good chance to finish top 2 off the back of an easier fixture list than some other teams.

Geez, is it any wonder Cats supporters on BF have such a low opinion of Richmond fans when you come in and make a comment like that. You bring it all on yourself and seem to deliberately try to antagonise them.

People can’t read it was a setup for the back to the future joke f me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back