Geelong to go undefeated in 2024??

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultimately, the cats are a decent team but in the mix with the top 6 just with everyone else. An easy fixture put them ahead if where they truly are. they couldn't handle the heat and its amazing how different they look when the likes of Miers, Dempsey and Cameron are under some pressure.

Ultimately, the cats are a decent team but in the mix with the top 6 just with everyone else. An easy fixture put them ahead if where they truly are. they couldn't handle the heat and its amazing how different they look when the likes of Miers, Dempsey and Cameron are under some pressure.

Lollll yes you had to go back a whole seven days to exactly the same venue against a bigger crowd to see them performing under pressure it’s a very good point.

Cameron and Miers in particular as premiership players will be wondering what it’s like to perform under pressure.

Cameron I suppose had a little taste of it last year when he folded badly in front of 80,000 people against the eventual premiers at the MCG when he kicked only 7 goals in a single digit loss in a do or die game. He is one player that has yet to prove that he can handle being placed under pressure and the team will be sweating on him being able to show that he can work through it. In his career to date I doubt any opposing coach has previously thought ‘I know: we will try and pressure Jeremy Cameron.’

Lollll yes you had to go back a whole seven days to exactly the same venue against a bigger crowd to see them performing under pressure it’s a very good point.

Cameron and Miers in particular as premiership players will be wondering what it’s like to perform under pressure.

Cameron I suppose had a little taste of it last year when he folded badly in front of 80,000 people against the eventual premiers at the MCG when he kicked only 7 goals in a single digit loss in a do or die game. He is one player that has yet to prove that he can handle being placed under pressure and the team will be sweating on him being able to show that he can work through it. In his career to date I doubt any opposing coach has previously thought ‘I know: we will try and pressure Jeremy Cameron.’
there was nowhere near as much defensive pressure in the Carlton game. It was an offensive shootout by both teams in the Carlton vs Geelong game. Defence wasn't valued. Conceding 100 points is unforgivable in the Demons system. They were 2 very different game styles.
I don't mean the mental heat. When I was watching the Geelong v Carlton game I was thinking that both the defences are getting smoked and both teams were okay with it because they backed their offence.

there was nowhere near as much defensive pressure in the Carlton game. It was an offensive shootout by both teams in the Carlton vs Geelong game. Defence wasn't valued. Conceding 100 points is unforgivable in the Demons system. They were 2 very different game styles.
I don't mean the mental heat. When I was watching the Geelong v Carlton game I was thinking that both the defences are getting smoked and both teams were okay with it because they backed their offence.

Both teams made 10-12 tackles less in this game than they did in the Carlton-Geelong game.
There were about 20 less stoppages in this game.

Yes the game styles were very different and at no point am I going to criticise or talk down how the Demons played the simple fact is they deserved to win and there’s no caveat or ‘but this’ around it.

It has nothing to do with ‘this player from Geelong can’t cope with this style’ or whatever though. Pretty much all the Geelong players bar their most inexperienced have shown that they can adapt to any style of game at some stage.

Both teams made 10-12 tackles less in this game than they did in the Carlton-Geelong game.
There were about 20 less stoppages in this game.

Yes the game styles were very different and at no point am I going to criticise or talk down how the Demons played the simple fact is they deserved to win and there’s no caveat or ‘but this’ around it.

It has nothing to do with ‘this player from Geelong can’t cope with this style’ or whatever though. Pretty much all the Geelong players bar their most inexperienced have shown that they can adapt to any style of game at some stage.
Yeah, not so much the pressure around the ball and repeat stoppages but moreso the pressure of having the ball, looking up and seeing no-one open. In the Carlton game, the space that your good players were given is mind boggling to me. In the Melbourne v Geel game how many times did Cameron and Hawkins get open on a lead inside 50m? I can't recall any. Maybe once.We prioritise defence. Carlton don't. We've only conceded 100 points 3 times in 3 years. Not to say that we won't have 100 kick on us soon, but it's not our typical blueprint.

Yeah, not so much the pressure around the ball and repeat stoppages but moreso the pressure of having the ball, looking up and seeing no-one open. In the Carlton game, the space that your good players were given is mind boggling to me. In the Melbourne v Geel game how many times did Cameron and Hawkins get open on a lead inside 50m? I can't recall any. Maybe once.We prioritise defence. Carlton don't. We've only conceded 100 points 3 times in 3 years. Not to say that we won't have 100 kick on us soon, but it's not our typical blueprint.

No I get that, and I’m not having a shot at Melbourne it’s the way you play, but I don’t think we got out there and were suddenly clueless as to how we were going to make a game of it or something. Just like you guys couldn’t turn your chances into a score for seemingly half the game we couldn’t either. We got looks at goal through other avenues we just had seemingly no ability to put it through the right posts even if it wasn’t through the usual means we try and use (Cameron, Hawkins). The most satisfying aspect of our team this season has been that in every game at some point except the Hawthorn and North games (and even Hawthorn for a while) the opposition had us playing THEIR game and we were able to find ways to compete in that situation rather than having to do it through our preferred means of playing

No I get that, and I’m not having a shot at Melbourne it’s the way you play, but I don’t think we got out there and were suddenly clueless as to how we were going to make a game of it or something. Just like you guys couldn’t turn your chances into a score for seemingly half the game we couldn’t either. We got looks at goal through other avenues we just had seemingly no ability to put it through the right posts even if it wasn’t through the usual means we try and use (Cameron, Hawkins). The most satisfying aspect of our team this season has been that in every game at some point except the Hawthorn and North games (and even Hawthorn for a while) the opposition had us playing THEIR game and we were able to find ways to compete in that situation rather than having to do it through our preferred means of playing
oh of course not. the game was right down to the wire. But some Geelong fans were like 'we'll beat the dees, I can't see them scoring 90'. And I was thinking, 90? we don't need to score 90 to win. We don't even need 80 to win. And in hind sight, we didn't need 70 to win. I didn't expect us to win because we simply haven't been playing well this season in general and you guys have been.

That said, as you point, both teams couldn't kick straight which sort of skews the numbers a bit.

oh of course not. the game was right down to the wire. But some Geelong fans were like 'we'll beat the dees, I can't see them scoring 90'. And I was thinking, 90? we don't need to score 90 to win. We don't even need 80 to win. And in hind sight, we didn't need 70 to win. I didn't expect us to win because we simply haven't been playing well this season in general and you guys have been.

That said, as you point, both teams couldn't kick straight which sort of skews the numbers a bit.

agreed I think it would be a close game either way if it was to be played again and I didn’t assume that we would win before the game I thought it was 50-50 because at best it would be a narrow win due to how Melbourne shut teams down and make it a generally low scoring game. To win you have to earn it and you can’t just blow the game open

agreed I think it would be a close game either way if it was to be played again and I didn’t assume that we would win before the game I thought it was 50-50 because at best it would be a narrow win due to how Melbourne shut teams down and make it a generally low scoring game. To win you have to earn it and you can’t just blow the game open

I knew the demons would win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez you’re chirpy after a small 8 point win Dees played well but to write off a 7-1 team after a small loss is laughable

lol Chris Scott still sooking with his coaches votes. You just know it would've been him awarding his cats boys the best on ground. Lever should've been 9 votes minimum. What a salty loser.

lol Chris Scott still sooking with his coaches votes. You just know it would've been him awarding his cats boys the best on ground. Lever should've been 9 votes minimum. What a salty loser.
You've been on this for 4 days now...bit pot/kettle isn't it?

Even bothering to listen to a Chris Scott press conference is your first problem.

Any semblance of knowledge of the guy would tell you that he's never going to state publicly what he's thinking behind closed doors.

Most Geelong supporters don't even do it, and haven't for a long time.

we didn't play well. we played like trash. and kicked horrendously for goal..but sure, we played well :rolleyes:
You try too hard and missed my point entirely Dees were the deserved winner and played well but it was a 8 point win not a thrashing to write off one of the top teams.

But there’s no point trying to talk to you logically and like a human being because you’re just continuously trying to troll

Onto the ignore list you go

In a game decided by single figures Melbourne took 5 of the 7 votes and you’re sooking about it two days after the event.

Have a look at yourself mate.

At absolute worst, your OWN coach gave him three votes. He must have done alright himself.

Christ on a bike does anyone in this forum know how to even handle a win let alone a f**king defeat 😂😂

Essentially what every Geelong supporter has been saying the past 3 weeks or so.

We'll have to start calling you Captain Strawman, at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back