Roast "GAMDEDAY!" MFC Media Dept: Clare Pettyfor to the Rescue

Remove this Banner Ad

Or just like how 9 and 10 had it where they had the mics closer to the crowd.
Commentary is way better if the commentator has to project their voice over the crowd. Doesn't really matter if you lose a few words here or there it helps bring the atmosphere to your lounge room.

Commentary is way better if the commentator has to project their voice over the crowd. Doesn't really matter if you lose a few words here or there it helps bring the atmosphere to your lounge room.
You also have to just say less aswell, you can let the crowd reaction tell the story. It feels like the 7 guys feel like the need to fill the space with their whiny annoying weak campaigner voices

You also have to just say less aswell, you can let the crowd reaction tell the story. It feels like the 7 guys feel like the need to fill the space with their whiny annoying weak campaigner voices
One of the things that annoys me is when the commentators talk about how loud the crowd is. Completely meaningless statement when all the noise has been balanced out.

Would anybody like me to upload my special HEADLESS COMMENTARY for our next game? 🤗
"Jake melksham has the ball at the half forward flank, we all remember in 2012 when Bluelegs said he wasn't good enough to play AFL, he moves the ball onto Ben Brown who will line up for goal, I'm sure Topkent is expecting this to miss as he mentioned in 2021-24

"Oliver runs past for the handball and is ignored as he's not a good kick for all, A11dAtP0w3R has always said this"

" Everyone have a nice time 🥳 and don't forget your free hats this weekend at all good stores"

"Jake melksham has the ball at the half forward flank, we all remember in 2012 when Bluelegs said he wasn't good enough to play AFL, he moves the ball onto Ben Brown who will line up for goal, I'm sure Topkent is expecting this to miss as he mentioned in 2021-24

"Oliver runs past for the handball and is ignored as he's not a good kick for all, A11dAtP0w3R has always said this"

" Everyone have a nice time 🥳 and don't forget your free hats this weekend at all good stores"
I was just going to upload a looped video of polite golf clapping, but this is even better!

One of the things that annoys me is when the commentators talk about how loud the crowd is. Completely meaningless statement when all the noise has been balanced out.
JBs like 3x louder than the crowd here

Quarters has to yell to even be heard here. heck I miss channel 10 😭😭

With most commentators having gigs on radio as well , for some reason they carry that commentary onto the TV . With the 7 team even if one of them shuts up ,another pipes up to fill the space . i would love to have crowd noise only as an option.

Quarters and Chrissos voices were so good for footy commentary, bloody shame they weren't taken by Fox or 10
I used to love watching 'The 5th quarter' on Channel 10 back in the day, although I was massive loser, I mean I still am, but then too.

Last edited:
I used to love watching 'The 5th quarter' on Channel 10 back in the day, although I was massive loser, I mean I still am, back but then too.
Nah that show was decent, Malcolm blight and Wallsy giving s**t to blokes was the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it's Caden McDonald's mate. His footy comments are pretty good normally but this is a terriblly unnecessary addition to the top 10.
Of course this was the AFLs attempt at connecting with the YouTube generation.

This isn't a media department thing, but i heard the footy club came to the cheersquad to offer organising a drum. I think they trialled it last week

Now if you know me i thinking the cheersquad having a big dumb drum to pump after goals is the cheersquad equivalent of vic clubs playing music after goals. Maybe the game is changing and i'm behind, but nothing pisses me off watching footy and some moron is bashing a drum after a goal in the carlton cheersquad for example

I guess the club really wants them to cheer louder if they're trying to give them a big drum to make stupid noise
If you ever watch the Melbourne Storm play, they have some supporter play cowbell or something, as the play goes on. It builds in intensity and excitement.

Its not over the top or annoying. I think it helps the team as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back