Fremantles lack of scoring power

Remove this Banner Ad

So you beat yet another team incapable of beating West Coast.

Funny how you come here bragging about scoring 100 points, my whole argument is that Fremantle didn't score enough to win a flag, and you claimed they didn't need to score 100 points to win a premiership. Yet every week you come in here and basically point out that I'm right by touting them scoring a AFL not AFLW grade score. So why aren't you in here every time they score 60 points saying how certain they are to win a flag with low scoring? Why do you keep pointing out that I'm right and you're wrong?
Have you compared Freo and Essendon's points scored this season?

Amazing how every week all your wins just look worse and worse. 4 goals down to the Lions who are garbage, 8 goals down to Norf who are non existent, losing to Port and Carlton who are questionable at best, and celebrating a win against the Dogs who are also hopeless.
Yet have a percentage 25 better then dons
Would be outright 5th without the gather round stitch up

Scoring usually comes with maturity. We’ve got a very young trio of tall forwards (Amiss, Treacy, Jackson). We fielded the 2nd youngest team on the weekend.

The scoring will come with time. The gameplan Longmuir is dishing up caters to the team that’s taking the field.

I don’t think the current game plan takes us into a grand final, but the next iteration and adjustment should be just fine.

Need to add two opportunistic small / medium forwards in the next 2 years. Hopefully Cooper Simpson matures into one.

The Treacy / Amiss combo is the 20 and 21 year old KPFs of Fremantle dreams. We've never had anything like it given Pav had to make it work with early Tabs or Zac freaking Clarke.

They'll be incredible when they hit 24 / 25 but we'll have to make do until then and everyone else bar Freddy is poo really. Adding just one quality small would be incredible for this group but the age and lack of talent is going to hold us back doing anything really meaningful in the interim unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are still evading my question, you claim to be happy with Freo scoring 70 points in a win, so are you saying I'm right and they need to score more since you always come in and tout them kicking an AFL grade score?
I'd take 70 points and a win over 90 points and a loss any day of the week. When you've conceded the second least points of all teams you can afford to score less. It's not really rocket science to understand, despite how flaccid it makes David King.

I still reckon they've got probably the best young list in the game. The back half of the 2020s could see a lot of purple.
bloody hope so.

I hope its a good finals run ad freo makes finals for 4 or 5 years in a row.

A flag will top it off as Well, in which I hope freo gets one between now and the end of this decade.

So the number Freo needs to score has been set. Score at least 79 points and we are unbeaten under Longmuir (36-0) (stat courtesy of the Purple Reign boys).

So Amiss' development and Treacy clunking them and kicking straight should put some fear into the league.

It explains why cheap shots like this are needed against a skinny 80kg 20 year old.

1715143499049.png

Freo learning to score more (which will come) reminds me of this classic scene.

1715143645461.png

So the number Freo needs to score has been set. Score at least 79 points and we are unbeaten under Longmuir (36-0) (stat courtesy of the Purple Reign boys).

So Amiss' development and Treacy clunking them and kicking straight should put some fear into the league.

It explains why cheap shots like this are needed against a skinny 80kg 20 year old.

View attachment 1982862

View attachment 1982865
My immediate reaction to that stat is that I don't believe it. Insane.

View attachment 1982862

View attachment 1982865
That’s a bit of a radical stat if true

Amusing that the past weekend Freo and Ross Lyon's St Kilda were the equal highest scoring teams...

Well done to Freo and St Kilda for beating up the 17th and 18th placed sides.

I am however - sincerely - prepared to call Freo a contender if they do the job against the Swans this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back