Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Tigers v Dockers Sun May 5th 1pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond and Yze will be fine provided he was appointed with the knowledge that the Tigers would have to bottom out before they reload.

If however, he convinced the Board that its a quick turnaround and that the Tigers will contend, then he's in strife.
It has seriously hurt his introduction by losing so many key players all at once. No team can sustain that.

Irrelevant? Umpire sooking IS relevant to our games. It’s definitely not why we lost today, but it is why we lost by 54 points.

Some of you may not survive watching this game if your team got our umpiring for 8 years straight. That’s what’s pathetic. The way we’re adjudicated.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Richmond and Yze will be fine provided he was appointed with the knowledge that the Tigers would have to bottom out before they reload.

If however, he convinced the Board that its a quick turnaround and that the Tigers will contend, then he's in strife.
Agreed. If Yze is in it for the rebuild then we're on the slow and sometimes painful but necessary path.

Hoping he's not misreading the list.

Couldn't watch the game. Looks like one not to bother with the replay.

Thought Freo would win but thought it would be a bit closer.

Doesn't really look like a game to take much out of though.
Freo had us covered all day. Our conversion in front of goal was poor but it's evident our lack of a forward line is such a huge hole that we are relying on any other means to score. We showed fight but were easily outclassed.

Lefau did pretty well in patches and continues to prove himself as a forward.

Going by the AFL game stats

Carlton frees for: 166
6 games they've won this stat, 1 game was a draw, 1 game lost the stat.

Richmond frees for: 107
1 game they've won this stat. 7 times they've lost in this stat.

Team known for playing on the edge loses free kick count.

Who would've thought.

There isn't a more undisciplined side in the comp. It won them premierships a few years ago now it burns them.

Freo won 15.13.103 to tigers 6.13.49.... at the MCG

So you beat yet another team incapable of beating West Coast.

Funny how you come here bragging about scoring 100 points, my whole argument is that Fremantle didn't score enough to win a flag, and you claimed they didn't need to score 100 points to win a premiership. Yet every week you come in here and basically point out that I'm right by touting them scoring a AFL not AFLW grade score. So why aren't you in here every time they score 60 points saying how certain they are to win a flag with low scoring? Why do you keep pointing out that I'm right and you're wrong?

Sure Amiss comes back in, but most sides don't drop the debutant the week after if they have played well.

Then again most sides don't have a procession of players leaving either.
We like a 3 tall set up.

You aint dropping Treacy after last week.
Jackson stays in
Amiss is an out and out gun, therefore Voss goes out
Nothing like a cheap shot from a Geelong supporter in the face of logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the replay because I couldn't watch it live. What a little weasel Baker is. Bowling into Treacy after the mark and then the same on Luke Ryan when he had his head down with the ball.

Team known for playing on the edge loses free kick count.

Who would've thought.

There isn't a more undisciplined side in the comp. It won them premierships a few years ago now it burns them.
Really? Will you still be saying this in 20 years time? It's 4 years since they last won a flag and many of the players out on the ground and the coaching staff weren't part of those flag winning teams.

So which umpiring decision is the AFL ticking off?

Chad Warner gets no 50MP given for dumping ball after siren vs tigers

T. Dow gets a 50MP given for dumping the ball after the siren vs Freo

Will love to see how they twist this to tick off both decisions...

you just know the AFL will try to, cant wait to hear the logical gymnastics required!

Yeah the victim mentality is pretty gross.

I think the fact behind this conspiracy is that the AFL rule changes at the end of 2020/2021 (more space for kick-ins, 6-6-6) disproportionately impacted Richmond's game plan (prioritise rebound over clearances, forward pressure). I don't think it was a 'grudge against Richmond', perhaps it was an equalisation attempt, but I can see why bigfooty tigers believe there is a conspiracy.

The data showing we're consistently on the bottom of the free kick differential ladder is more conspiracy fodder.
Nope the 666 poxy rule was to counter Ross Lyon tactics

So which umpiring decision is the AFL ticking off?

Chad Warner gets no 50MP given for dumping ball after siren vs tigers

T. Dow gets a 50MP given for dumping the ball after the siren vs Freo

Will love to see how they twist this to tick off both decisions...

you just know the AFL will try to, cant wait to hear the logical gymnastics required!
From a PR perspective they won't even reference the Sydney game and if it gets brought up they will refuse to see the connection between the two incidents and will probably fall back on "it's a really tough game to adjudicate and we think our umpires do an excellent job and are amongst the best in the world in professional sports. Now, can sit around pointing fingers or we can celebrate the product that we have (and here it comes) acknowledge that we have yet again surpassed weekly attendance records and to that end I'd like to thank the Australian public for getting behind our game..."

Back