Connar

Team Captain
May 29, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Fremantle AFLW Team.
A headline read "West Coast will win another flag before Fremantle win their first. Absolutely they will." came up on my Facebook feed this evening which was posted by Punters Page.

Even before the Footy world happened to have heard of Harley Reid and even way before this article was made, people around Australia were thinking this already!

But I must say, Fremantle AFLW will win WA's next Premiership before both WA men's teams do. We have seen enough of Adelaide, Melbourne as well as Brisbane along with North and there has been surprise Packets such as Gold Coast and Sydney before. Now it's time for another team to create an AFLW Dynasty!

Angela Lansbury Popcorn GIF

A headline read "West Coast will win another flag before Fremantle win their first. Absolutely they will." came up on my Facebook feed this evening which was posted by Punters Page.

Even before the Footy world happened to have heard of Harley Reid and even way before this article was made, people around Australia were thinking this already!

But I must say, Fremantle AFLW will win WA's next Premiership before both WA men's teams do. We have seen enough of Adelaide, Melbourne as well as Brisbane along with North and there has been surprise Packets such as Gold Coast and Sydney before. Now it's time for another team to create an AFLW Dynasty!
who cares?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Goosage is a failed sports broadcaster and failing real estate agent. He had a house in Leake St Bayswater next to the dog park listed for months. Home open after home open, but no sale. Most houses in Baysie usually sell pretty quick. Drive past and there's a for sale sticker on the sign but with a different agents name. He's a hack of epic proportions.

You dont win premierships by kicking 8 goals and defending the lead.

Freo nowhere near it until they work out what a key forward is (hint: its not Matt Tabener).

Tim Gossage was saying he thinks West Coast are closer to a flag than Fremantle and I found it interesting.
Reason being is Fremantle are meant to be entering a premiership window while West Coast are meant to spend more time in the wilderness, given their list profile and how bad they've been in recent times.

Gossage believes West Coast have already bottomed out and are on the way up again, and are set to go past Fremantle who have stagnated recently in their build towards a flag.

What do you think?
Do you agree or disagree with Tim Gossage?

Probably but look historically we are averaging a premiership every 12 years except for 1994 so we are due if the pattern holds 2030. Plenty of time for Amiss to become a JK and Treacy a Darling. Serong and Brayshaw are a impressive 1-2, Cox to help out the defence and possibly forward. Definitely need to work on the mid- forward connection but that can click suddenly.

I would like to say Fremantle.

Stating the bleeding obvious, but they need to sort out their scoring woes and quickly.

That issue aside, I really like their list profile in the middle and down back quite a lot. A very good clearance side with a number of elite midfielders and rucks, as well as a strong back 6. As we know very well, strong defences win Premierships.
West coast are always closer to a flag than Fremantle are simply because they know what it takes to get there and Fremantle don’t.

I’m genuinely not trolling eieither.
I hear what you are saying, but plenty of other clubs who didn't know what it took to win a flag have done so recently. The Dogs, Tigers, Demons, Swans and even rhe Cats back in 2007.

I would like to say Fremantle.

Stating the bleeding obvious, but they need to sort out their scoring woes and quickly.

That issue aside, I really like their list profile in the middle and down back quite a lot. A very good clearance side with a number of elite midfielders and rucks, as well as a strong back 6. As we know very well, strong defences win Premierships.

I hear what you are saying, but plenty of other clubs who didn't know what it took to win a flag have done so recently. The Dogs, Tigers, Demons, Swans and even rhe Cats back in 2007.
Fremantle suffer from big brother/little brother syndrome that’s what seperates them from the teams you mentioned. So long as they beat/finish above West coast each year then their year is successful, has been like that since inception and has filtered down to their supporters and until they fix that they will forever be mediocre and happy with it.

Fremantle but have butchered draft picks for ready made talls past few years..and still butchering picks as Luke Jackson is a ruck not a key forward

I think Goss is an Eagles fan and was probably partly stirring, but putting us aside I don't really see a viable path for Freo to the flag with this core and coach unless big changes are made. They have some gun players, but they need a list overhaul and a whole new gameplan. If everything goes right I think they could challenge in about 2 or 3 years. I'd prefer them to win a flag than Collingwood or Geelong again that's for sure.

As for us, we're just glad to see a change, real competitiveness, good signs for this season at least. We'll take it one game at a time. Given how the game is set up I don't think us contending in 3 or 4 years is that out of the question.

Back