Football (Round Ball) Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, not a good start :( The girls lost against Brisbane, the girls in the cricket are not doing so well in Mackay, and now the reds are struggling :( Not great for SA sport today.
& yet the Redbacks are actually winning.

0-3 now in 1st half hour.

Not much chance for the reds from here, but at least the girls in Mackay improved since I last posted. Yes, great win by the redbacks last match. :)
0-4 just before half time.

Game over.

Has there ever been such a waste of space as ibuski. I hope he is paying us to play as i have never seen such an inanimate object on the football field. He makes borlase look like a Stawell gift winner. Unless the ball is placed right on his head he is useless. Send hi. Back to the land of the rising sun. When he left as has been the case a
Number of times over the last year or so we looked far more dangerous

Isias must have been injured. How else can we explain his absence from the field. His leadership in the back half and midfield was missed

Didn’t like the way we played out of goal today. Too predictable and suspect under pressure. We didn’t appear to change our method even clearly when it was not working

I thought the kids coming on gave us a lift. Jury out for now on tunnicliffe. Did not show much creativity and looks not match fit to me

I thought Tunnicliffe deserved his start based on his substitute appearances. But of the three games, two were already blow outs and one was chasing the game against ten men. None of his games had tested any defensive qualities. Until tonight, and he failed completely.

Ditto Bovalina. But he is young and should learn quickly

IMHO the big lesson from tonight should be that Duzell has probably leapfrogged both Tunnicliffe and Yull in the centre of midfield power rankings. I'd like Isaias + Duzell next week.

Isias must have been injured. How else can we explain his absence from the field. His leadership in the back half and midfield was missed
Isaias picked up a knock late last week. I'm surprised he was on the bench tbh.

Big match tonight

Australia plays the giants of world football Bangladesh.;)

Subway Socceroos v Bangladesh
Thursday, 16 November 2023
AAMI Park, Melbourne
Kick-off: 8.00pm AEDT
Broadcast: Network 10 and Paramount+

Current FIFA Rankings

Australia: 27
Bangladesh: 183

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aussies struggling atm. 4:0 up after 40 minutes.
Nice break whilst raining at the WC.

Hope I don't need to watch the 2nd half though.

Hopefully Arnie swings the changes at half time, including a debut to Yengi.

Nice break whilst raining at the WC.

Hope I don't need to watch the 2nd half though.

Hopefully Arnie swings the changes at half time, including a debut to Yengi.
My remote hand was getting tied. I have my Tv and Laptop playing at the same time.
Funny seeing the sprinkler going in Melbourne and rain in India,

On the 20th anniversary of its first match, Adelaide United Football Club has released a new documentary entitled, ‘The People’s Club’, in honour of a proud and accomplished history.

Adelaide United up 3:1 atm in the 64th minute. Let's hope one SA team wins.
Great response after being asleep the last game.

We are going to be a good side to watch with plenty of goals, but we are going to leak goals too at times as lack experience.

Gauci will be in Europe sooner rather than later.
Future Socceroos goalie.

Liked him as soon as he came in for the injured Delianov... & was surprised when Delianov was put straight back in the team for a bit.

Struggled for a bit against crosses but appears to have ironed out those issues. Great record of stopping penalties (surely one of the best records in A-League) & shot stopper with his long reach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back