El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
xA4XWao.png

It's crunch time in football seasons around the globe at the moment, so if you're anything like me, you've got an appetite for the world game.

Those of you who have been around the board for a while will remember the Football League of Oceania, FJ&GD's soccer design competition. You may also remember the 2018 season, where we ran a retro themed season, and this year retro football is back!

To lower the barrier of entry this season, we'll forego a league and just run a cup. The format of the cup I envisage to be a World Cup style with small groups leading to a knockout, but that will depend on the number of entrants.

Entrants will be required create the branding for a football club based in Australia or New Zealand. I don't care if people share locations or colours, it's soccer. You will enter 1 kit to be used in all matches. Also required is a club logo, which must be fully designed by the entrant.

All kits will feature the Australia Soccer Federation One.Tel Federation Cup logo (posted at the top of this post) on both sleeves, a sponsor across the chest, a club logo and a manufacturer's logo in an orientation of the designer's choosing. I recommend going along with the retro theme in your presentationn, branding, sponsors etc, but I won't disqualify anyone for not doing it.

Previous winners of the FLO Cup are permitted to add a star on their shirt above their logo for each Cup win, regardless of whether you're using the club that you won the cup with or not.

The league fonts this year are Libero for the number, and Jersey M54 for the name. The name can be oriented straight or curved as per the below image. Those font files are attached to this post.

dXXUOha.png

In terms of presentation, entrants are ONLY required to display the front of the shirt in their presentation, but may display as much or as little of the rest of the uniform including shorts and socks as they like.

There is no bidding process, if you submit an entry that fulfils the criteria by the due date, it's accepted.

I am content with entrants submitting a second team if they would like, but a maximum of 2. Obviously a cup competition is always better with more entries.

Entries are due by 11.59pm Adelaide time, Sunday the 19th of May 2024, to be uploaded to an image hosting site like imgur and the URL link in code tags forwarded to me via PM. Please don't just upload images to bigfooty and send them, it makes everything a lot more difficult.

Please use this thread for team announcements and questions.

Attachments

• jersey_m54.zip
    40.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Libero.zip
    6 KB · Views: 6

Just a few weeks to go on this one, keep those entries rolling in!

One kit! Just one shirt is all you need to design. You've already got a few ideas swimming around up there, it'll take you 25 minutes tops!

Keep those entries coming in!

Just under a week to go here ladies and gentlemen, keep those entries rolling in!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back