Fev out on the town, vomits on pub floor.

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually like the Fev, he's a character in a sterile world. For all his stuff ups, cant think of many that have been malicious. He's just not very smart, and is constantly sabotaging himself through his stupidity. You would think he's no chance of getting picked up. Shame, cos he's such a natural footballer.

Not really sure what to say about the vomiting, but on the "verbal altercation", assuming it was Fev that left before any incident took place, at least he removed himself from the situation before getting himself into trouble.

Gotta take SOME positive out of it.

Fevola would challenge Franklin, Cloke, Kennedy and Riewoldt as the best forwards out there and you can pick him up for peanuts.
I know I would rather have a bag of peanuts any day, and this latest story has not effected my opinion one way or the other.

His hopes of getting a second chance are about as good as Saints winning a flag before their window shuts...oh wait :eek:

Sad end to his career :(

in that case, kill two birds with the one stone....If the Saints draft Fev, they'll either win the premiership if he kicks a 100.....or else they'll sink quicker than the Titanic if they recruited Fev & he stuffed up.

If the footage is current, it's not a good look for him, but he wouldn't be the first person to have vomited after drinking (even without making it to a loo - because it was in use or whatever) and not necessarily because he's had too much, but simply because it didn't go down well, so to speak. Certainly it's not like he was out late, he's been cleared of being involved in any altercation, and his team had been thrashed by ten goals in an elimination final earlier in the weekend. If he was going to drown his sorrows, this would be the night to do it - and if the media are going to pick on a person unfairly for simply being human, it's going to be Fev.

Unlike other incidents in his past, this does not reflect badly on him, but I think it does reflect badly on people who are sticking the boot into someone who has gone to some really bad places in their life, and is doing their honest best to get themselves back together.

Unlike other incidents in his past, this does not reflect badly on him, but I think it does reflect badly on people who are sticking the boot into someone who has gone to some really bad places in their life, and is doing their honest best to get themselves back together.

I agree this in isolation shouldn't be a big thing. But for gun shy clubs contemplating picking him up, It just does him no favours. No doubt club sponsors would add their 2 cent piece about drafting Fev. Club culture & image is so important these days.

Wasn't it less than a week ago when Fev announced on TFS that he could have a couple of beers then stop before he got drunk ?

The media killed Fevola's career and are now burying in further in the ground. It astounds me that players like Krakeour, who have been in jail are picked up easily. Whilst out and out guns like Fevola, who has only been drunk, are denied further chances.

Like Lolaser said, I simply don't understand the logic behind it being ok to have a guy like Krakeour, but Fevola will struggle to find a club.

Krakouer served his time for assaulting a man in 2006. This same man had king-hit him in 2001 and Krakouer wrongly settled the score when confronted by the same man again. He then trained hard won a Sandover Medal in 2010 before being given a second chance by Collingwood. He has not commited any offence since leaving prison.

The comparison to Fev is striking, sacked by Carlton then given a second chance by Brisbane and sacked again.

Even if Krakouer had been recruited by another AFL club I would still support his re-entry into the AFL. 'Lolaser' and 'Mr President' probably think it's okay to get drunk and be a public nuisance like Fev. Grow up guys and give Krakouer a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in that case, kill two birds with the one stone....If the Saints draft Fev, they'll either win the premiership if he kicks a 100.....or else they'll sink quicker than the Titanic if they recruited Fev & he stuffed up.

I think this actually makes a lot of sense Mighty Thor, Saints need to role the dice, they only have one last chance to make it I would think. If not, they will face another long wait for their next tilt.

First order of business would be to get rid of Dean Polo :eek:

Thread title should read - Another arsole here creating an anti-fev thread.

Get a life you knockers.

Absolute beat-up, as is now the norm with Australian media. Bar staff have said he did not have more than a couple of drinks, and what reason would they have to lie/cover for him? It was 7 o clock and I doubt anyone who could call themselves his friends would let him get blind drunk out in public like that. Also reported that he was harassed later in the restaurant by a group of teens wanting pictures and the like, and the fact that he got himself out of the situation tells me he is trying, at least a little.

May have been his first real drink for a while if he was telling the truth about abstaining (if u could call it that).
Thought 'what the hell' in the moment and let himself go a bit to celebrate the season, or drown his sorrows with mates cos of its finish, he just didn't realise what his body couldn't handle anymore. A mistake many of us have made.
Relapses are perfectly normal even in his situation but you learn surely from them. It doesn't necessarily mean he's an 'absolute idiot'.. thats an extremely simplistic way of looking at it.

In saying all that, he's had his fair share of chances and if he was really serious about it...

Thread title should read - Another arsole here creating an anti-fev thread.

Get a life you knockers.

You're obviously very stupid, a troll or you have poor comprehension skills...Maybe all three.

I certainly didn't bag the Fev. I would love to see him playing again...even for Richmond!

If fev wants another chance next year, he has absolutely no business being in a pub.

I dont care what he was or was not doing.

All it takes is for him to have 1 beer and have 1 bloke walk up and push him over and tomorrow morning you'll read :

Front/back page of the herald sun - Fev involved in a drunken
brawl..

Nothing fair about that but considering all the chances he's had, its fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back