Player Watch Father-Son Pick #25 (2019) - Jackson Mead

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah some nice signs from mead. His composure and decision making in the first Qtr particularly were top end stuff.

We are struggling to find the midfield minutes for him and I think he clearly has very little idea what to do when not playing midfield. No second position, so I think for a while we might see him come in and out of games.

But it is good to be getting these games into him now.

Maybe it’s the body type but reminds me somewhat of roger James except I probably recall James had a bit more burst (tho it was a long time ago and through rose coloured glasses)

Clearly has talent - he has somewhat surprised me because I really didn't think he would make it at AFL level. Right now I do think he feels pressure and is in a rush with his decision making. As he develops I suspect the game will slow down for him and his decision making won't be so hasty.

Would like to see him develop his forward craft as well because I don't think he has the ability to be a full time on-baller, but rather he has a place as a rotational midfielder who can go forward and pinch hit down there.

From his draft analysis on Rookie Central.

“his decision making when having time and space is impressive, given he can use the ball well and hit targets down the field.”

Maybe develop his outside game a little more get him on a wing half forward? What Is Motlops role in the side?

From his draft analysis on Rookie Central.

“his decision making when having time and space is impressive, given he can use the ball well and hit targets down the field.”

Maybe develop his outside game a little more get him on a wing half forward? What Is Motlops role in the side?
Nah he’s an inside mid. He won’t make it as an outside mid.

Needs to develop his ability to spread from the contest though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't named in the bests, but IMO he was easily second to Duurs. He hurt the opposition with all his touches, and did a lot of the grunt work. Was an impressive game. He's coming along well. Really want to see an extended streak of games like that from him at SANFL level to stamp his name as pushing for an AFL gig.

Also really liked what I seen from Jackson on the wkend.
Clean with the ball on both sides and strong through the core.

Also really liked what I seen from Jackson on the wkend.
Clean with the ball on both sides and strong through the core.
Has good vision, directs his passes well, nice reader of the play so that he is on the move already when he collects the ball (although he's not super quick).

And needs to impact the scoreboard himself.

i like meady too. not sure he is suited to be pigeon holed in that half forward/wing role. getting proper midfield minutes in the seconds is good, hopefully keeps building his form.

Meady has had a couple of solid weeks in the sanfl. Could be worth a call up in a side that is spluttering along.

Think Dumont is in his spot personally.

I think he could take Motlop's spot, run the channels and Mead will actually tackle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back