List Mgmt. Evolution of the list

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally i think some of those players need to change category but leaving that aside it seems the major improvement in the list happens between 2024 and 2026. Buckets and Jy are 10 year players then. A very promising scenario.

The reality is Zurhaar is quality and Sleevo is unproven quality. How does this change the way the list changes over time? Also Hall is quality. Especally in the context of losing quality players over 30. We lose him as well as Cunners and Goldy by 2025 at the latest.

Also -

Can players like Lazarro, Spicer, Bonar, Mahony - the more marginal (or disappointing) players - improve enough to make the trooper rating - ie can they improve enough to be competent reliable role players?

This makes a big difference to our depth profile.

Disappointed, no Venn diagram.

I'm not going to over-think our list position because we have been run worse than an amateur club for the last three years. I think Clarkson is going to jettison those he doesn't think are going to help him get the kids from A to B, we might rate someone but Clarkson might think I can't really get what he needs from him or vice versa we might think someone is shithouse but Clarko might think he can turn him into something useful.

There are still too many unknowns, who we are going to delist, what "assistance" we get, who nominates to move where, who signs on and who asks to be traded. Our trading has been so shitful in recent times it is hard to get excited about the pre-season. There is the hope Viney and Clarkson will inject some sanity into out recruitment and list management but when the only thing you look forward to in the footy is the draft, #1 picks, priority picks, etc it is like becoming the Carlton of old. I hate what we have become and I just want competent people to fix the problems.

This being s**t is overwhelming, I have sick of being s**t syndrome, I just want our players to bash in and have a crack, the last 6 of the finalists were all pressure sides, I don't care how shithouse a player you are, you can still be somewhat useful if you go in hard, tackle hard, put pressure on. Thinking about making a team full of Rolls Royces, we will be waiting forever to assemble the perfect team.

Disappointed, no Venn diagram.

I'm not going to over-think our list position because we have been run worse than an amateur club for the last three years. I think Clarkson is going to jettison those he doesn't think are going to help him get the kids from A to B, we might rate someone but Clarkson might think I can't really get what he needs from him or vice versa we might think someone is shithouse but Clarko might think he can turn him into something useful.

There are still too many unknowns, who we are going to delist, what "assistance" we get, who nominates to move where, who signs on and who asks to be traded. Our trading has been so shitful in recent times it is hard to get excited about the pre-season. There is the hope Viney and Clarkson will inject some sanity into out recruitment and list management but when the only thing you look forward to in the footy is the draft, #1 picks, priority picks, etc it is like becoming the Carlton of old. I hate what we have become and I just want competent people to fix the problems.

This being s**t is overwhelming, I have sick of being s**t syndrome, I just want our players to bash in and have a crack, the last 6 of the finalists were all pressure sides, I don't care how shithouse a player you are, you can still be somewhat useful if you go in hard, tackle hard, put pressure on. Thinking about making a team full of Rolls Royces, we will be waiting forever to assemble the perfect team.
Agreed, we really need to look into how this came about so it damn well never happens again, no doubt there has been some decent footy people move through the club who have had experience at other successful clubs that were run well, at what point does the peope with good knowledge or skills get countered by the people running with their own agandas? it would appear an environment has been able to be created where self preservation trumped the greater good?

I look at the example that if the club cant even get something as simple as the bumper stickers mailed out what hope have they got of nailing anything of any complexity?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back