Everton fans thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from a bullet to the head.

And apparently Drenthe missed for family reasons. If he or Pienaar play we probably win.

Isn't Drenthe going through a divorce at the moment?

****ing hell. Still gutted.

I'm still absolutely fuming from Saturday nights result, who are we playing this weekend? Regardless of whether we smash them or not I am still going to be gutted!

I'm still absolutely fuming from Saturday nights result, who are we playing this weekend? Regardless of whether we smash them or not I am still going to be gutted!

United @ Old Trafford....

we had enough quality available without drenthe to win that game

why not use the straq instead of Cahill? he gives his all week in/week out and as good of a striker jelavic is, he needs the ball dropped at his feet for him to score - whereas Straq will always cause problems for defenders, even if he doesn't score

also I agree with Heitinga and Jags, Distin is a good, solid defender and his mistakes are often overlooked in league games, but in a cup game, it should have been Jags on with Johnny H

Fellaini has been one of our best performers this season, and along with Baines I don't think any other two players really put in a full 90 minute effort (except Howard)

Let's hope Chelsea focus on the CL and FA cup from now on in and hope we can grab 6th off them (though that is almost impossible)

Edit: also would love Chelsea to win the CL, as they would then qualify and possibly open up a Euro spot?

UEFA Europa League

There are three places in the UEFA Europa League available: the FA Cup winners will enter at the Group Stage; the fifth place team in the Barclays Premier League will enter at the Play-Off stage; and the Football League Cup winners will enter at the Q3 stage.
In the event the FA Cup winners are qualified for the UEFA Champions League the FA Cup runners-up will qualify, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative. The place with direct access to the Group Stage will be given to the club that finishes in the highest position in the Barclays Premier League of the clubs qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.
English winners of the UEFA Europa League will enter at the Group Stage, gaining an extra domestic place only if they fail to qualify through other means for the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League. If the holders of the UEFA Europa League have already qualified for Europe, no extra domestic place will be gained.
Should the FA Cup winners, runners-up (if applicable) and the Football League Cup winners already have qualified for Europe, their place goes to the next best placed clubs in the Premier League.

So 5th automatically gets it
Liverpool gets it for winning the League up

The last spot usually goes to the FA Cup winners. The following scenarios need to happen for you to get into Europa:
-Liverpool win the FA cup it then goes to the 6th place team
-Chelsea wins the Champions League and/or finishes 4th thereby not needing their Europa place anymore
-You finish 6th ahead of Newcastle or Spurs

Alternatively:
-Chelsea wins the FA cup, since Liverpool already have Europa qualification the spot goes to the 6th place team
-Chelsea wins the Champions League and/or finishes 4th thereby not needing their Europa place anymore
-You finish 6th ahead of Newcastle or Spurs

Third option:
-End up with the fair play award and enter at the 1st qualifying stage, Swansea currently lead this

Basically you need to get 6th to get into Europa

But you can make me happy though, and that has to be a good thing.

Looks like Drenthe is on the way out of Everton, repeated breaches of discipline, turning up late to training and spending too much time on the piss by the sounds of it.

Might not play for you again, which is a shame because he was a contributor.

I guess we have now had a few days to look at things in a more relaxed manner. All we can do now is prepare for next year as this season is finished.

Management- David Moyes absolutely froze in the headlights and in another big game got things horribly wrong. He should be thanked for a good job he has done but 10 years of nothing is time for for a change. The tactics in the FA cup should be the final straw. Will this change? Probably not with Kenwright in charge. Who would we want? With the type of expansive football he tries to play I think Roberto Martinez would do a great job, and obviously it has already been announced he is leaving Wigan.

Current Squad- On face value we have the most important players signed up. Baines, Jelavic, Fellaini etc. For me one of the most important ones is Heitinga who only has 12 months left on his contact. It was announced we are trying to extend this, I believe we should also make Heitinga our permanent captain. Neville has done a good job but Heitinga is a great leader. Barkley also signed on a long term contract and I tihnk next year he should be given more opportunities. Gueye has also shown enough that we may have a good player on our hands.

Time to go- As sad as it to say it, Tim Cahill is beyond finished at this level. I would also say someonel like Leon Osman has shown he consistently fails in the big games and if he remains must only be a squad player. Tim Cahill on the other hand I think needs to be sold, if anything to get his wages off the book because with our finances you cannot afford to be paying high wages to someone who contibutes absolutely nothing.

Who should we sign- In a perfect world we would have gazillions to spend, we will not so I guess we need to look at realistic targets. Drenthe is obviously no longer an option which was dissapointing this did not work out. Has Straq done enough to warrant a permanent deal? Given it would be a potentially low cost I would consider this and also Piennar as well who should be a priority. Like every year we will be linked with hundreds of players and likely sign none. With the age of Hibbert and Neville then right back must seriously be looked at with concerns if Coleman will make the grade. I guess really we need players all over the place!

Lets hope for a change we have a positive Summer. I honestly do not give a stuff about the rest of this season after the club has destroyed any hope the supporters had. We can atleast look forward to a new kit design with Nike onboard.

As much as I love Moyes, he is a great manager and very good with his money, but we need someone with more creativity as a manager, someone who can mix things up and still get results

Johnny H as captain is a funny one, he is an obvious replacement for Phil Neville and as a mr-fix-it as he can play CB, RB and CDM - he also has the same amount of grunt and drive as Neville - I have never seen him put in a half-hearted performance

Signing Gueye for longer would be great as we can then give him first team access (ahead of Coleman/Drenthe) or put him out on-loan somewhere if Coleman ever recaptures his form (poor lad keeps getting injured)

Sad for Cahill but if he is keeping guys like Straq and Vic out of the squad then it has to be - also we should sign up the Straq, he gives his all every week and that kind of effort is only really shown by a few players each week (namely Baines and Fellaini most of the time)

Drenthe needs to sort his **** out otherwise he will not get signed by any club and will not play for real madrid ever again. Let's just buy Peanuts back and restart our run and drive down the left - he will pivotal to our chances of 6th (as slender as they are)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WHAT A GAME!

Get together you evertonians. Never give up.

:D:D:D

Felliani is absolute quality, Pineear as well.
Jeeealvic great finishes.
Jag in defence, very solid.

Great fighting spirit to stick it up the big boys :thumbsu:

Glad I stayed up to watch the whole game!

Apparently there is a fee in place for Piennar if we want to make that deal permanent which we should, and I would love the rumors to be correct of Clint Dempsey being in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back