Unofficial Preview Elimination Final : Changes against The Swans - University Of Tas - Saturday 15:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preuss definitely has more AFL match experience, more mature body and would definitely be on bigger $$ than Briggs.

So should be better, but maybe it’s too late.
Not sure I agree with the mature body point Briggs is already well filled out and has shown the ability to comepete with some of the best rucks in the comp, the contract shouldn't be a factor we have to play our best players in order to win. I'm not sure if Preuss is better, mainly because we haven't seen him play but he certainly wouldn't be so much better that we throw away a seasons worth of work and chemistry that Briggs has developed with the boys to give Preuss a try.

Not sure I agree with the mature body point Briggs is already well filled out and has shown the ability to comepete with some of the best rucks in the comp, the contract shouldn't be a factor we have to play our best players in order to win. I'm not sure if Preuss is better, mainly because we haven't seen him play but he certainly wouldn't be so much better that we throw away a seasons worth of work and chemistry that Briggs has developed with the boys to give Preuss a try.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Briggs’ work.

He’ll play far more games for us over the decade ahead than Preuss.

Just a 26 vs 21 year old, Preuss a bit taller too.

Disappointing not to get Preuss on the park in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ve been hearing Preuss’s vertical leap isnt anything to write home about.

Preuss has ultimately only played 18 games is his career although thats more then Briggs' 5 it's not like he's a veteran with a wealth of experience, also don't believe he's played in any finals games either. Sure Preuss maybe taller but Briggs is really great below his knees laying plenty of tackles and chipping in with contested possessions and then clearances while Preuss just doesn't have that ability. It's likely neither will play this week and if we're lucky enough to get through to next week and Mummy is unable to get up they can't risk it with Preuss there just isn't enough upside there to warrant it imo.

Preuss has ultimately only played 18 games is his career although thats more then Briggs' 5 it's not like he's a veteran with a wealth of experience, also don't believe he's played in any finals games either. Sure Preuss maybe taller but Briggs is really great below his knees laying plenty of tackles and chipping in with contested possessions and then clearances while Preuss just doesn't have that ability. It's likely neither will play this week and if we're lucky enough to get through to next week and Mummy is unable to get up they can't risk it with Preuss there just isn't enough upside there to warrant it imo.

All fair enough.

Fast-forward to R1 2022.

Who do you expect to be our starting ruck - Briggs, Preuss or Flynn (if he’s back from injury)?

Who do you expect to be our starting ruck - Briggs, Preuss or Flynn (if he’s back from injury)?

NFI

On one hand, it should be Preuss as the guy we've recruited to be primary ruck.

On the other hand, hopefully it's the guy who works hardest over pre-season and looks sharpest.

All fair enough.

Fast-forward to R1 2022.

I'm not sure, its probably a battle between Briggs and Preuss to play with Flynn as I predict Flynn to be the third tall up forward when not rucking as he's very capable in both positions, hoping Briggs get the job and they show faith in the youngster really like what he does around the ground as a marking target and probably offers more up forward to rotate with Flynn. Preuss probably has an advantage in the 'tap-work' department but I'm not sure how important that is to translating to midfield dominance and would probably rather the great pressure and inside work that Briggs shows. Hope it's Briggs and Flynn they both played really well together throughout the season when given the chance.

If Kennedy is out DeBoer definitely needs to play and tag Parker as he becomes their absolute midfield key.

I think it would be highly dangerous dropping him.
I cannot see Kennedy being dropped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Kennedy is out DeBoer definitely needs to play and tag Parker as he becomes their absolute midfield key.

I think it would be highly dangerous dropping him.

I would agree with you but Ash has taken in that tag role and seems to have picked it up well.
Also Cogs defence has never been an issue and could also take on the role.

I would agree with you but Ash has taken in that tag role and seems to have picked it up well.
Also Cogs defence has never been an issue and could also take on the role.
A Cogs run with role would be perfect going up against Parker or Kennedy (if he plays), would be intrested to see if they play Cogs, de boer and Ash

I think he meant their Kennedy, who is struggling with injury and may more than likely miss. hence the “if Kennedy is out MdB goes to Parker” thought.

Our Kennedy (Kenners) is in no danger of being dropped.

Yeah I definitely mixed them up ahaha

There’s a good chance our side will run out of steam in the second half against a more powerful running side.

There's a fair bit of evidence for that. Rd 3 against Melbourne, Rd 6 against the Bulldogs, R9 against Richmond, R18 against Sydney, R20 against Port. All these teams ran over the top of us in the second half, and except Richmond they're all top 8 sides.

How do we stop it happening?

There's a fair bit of evidence for that. Rd 3 against Melbourne, Rd 6 against the Bulldogs, R9 against Richmond, R18 against Sydney, R20 against Port. All these teams ran over the top of us in the second half, and except Richmond they're all top 8 sides.

How do we stop it happening?
That’s the question. On a big ground like the one we’re on this weekend, it will only happen earlier.

A 33 year old returning in 2 weeks after a hamstring strain? Dreaming

JPK to miss. Mills a chance as tendinitis is just pain
Mills' isn't just a pain at this point, if he keeps pushiing it he could defintely rupture or tear his achilles and he'd miss all of next year.

We come out and try play with the winning formula used in this year's derby at the SCG by clogging up the corridor and handballing our way around and we'll get smacked on the bigger oval. We come out and try play like we did in the second derby and we'll get run off our feet. Over to you Leon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back