EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

First time ever I have agreed with you turbo.

I have it in really good authority that kite has signed at EDS and they will not clear him. Lol. Looks like dejuvu.

Also believe he is heading overseas for a large chunk of the season.

Why do div 1 clubs recruit which such a short term view. I know my club Westmeadows has taking the view that they will only recruit guys that want/will to play premier. Might mean they get there slower but will be better for it if they are lucky enough to get there.
so when did westmeadows take this approach cause in the past couple of years they have recruited Trewin, Wilson, Ramsay. Now they have Debritt from AH. You could even through in the 2 NS boys from last year. Will the play premier or go somewhere else

so when did westmeadows take this approach cause in the past couple of years they have recruited Trewin, Wilson, Ramsay. Now they have Debritt from AH. You could even through in the 2 NS boys from last year. Will the play premier or go somewhere else

Yep fair call on those mentioned. Ramsay was a former junior of the club and Wilson has been great for the younger guys over past couple of years. Was also assistant coach in the 18s this year. Trewin didn't work out onfield but will continue on with the club in a non playing role which is terrific as he defiantly adds a lot with his experience.

In regards to the 2 NS boys , I know tamer does have a desire to play premier and that's why he went to Abers. I think u will find if he did leave it would be to a premier club.

Debritt I have no idea , haven't met him yet. I know he came with a group that are all from the Wagga so that would have something to do with it , it wouldn't be cause he didn't want to play Premier. ( I assume but stand to be corrected. )

Westy have 15 under 18s coming up this year and will field 2 sides in 18s in 2016 so the view moving fwd, ( from a commitee point of view , as I am a committee member ) is def one of having sustained success over a period of time and not going up to come straight back down. ( easier said than done , I agree )

what's happening at other clubs ? Very quiet from Hillside / TL / Tulla / Haddy

Yep fair call on those mentioned. Ramsay was a former junior of the club and Wilson has been great for the younger guys over past couple of years. Was also assistant coach in the 18s this year. Trewin didn't work out onfield but will continue on with the club in a non playing role which is terrific as he defiantly adds a lot with his experience.

In regards to the 2 NS boys , I know tamer does have a desire to play premier and that's why he went to Abers. I think u will find if he did leave it would be to a premier club.

Debritt I have no idea , haven't met him yet. I know he came with a group that are all from the Wagga so that would have something to do with it , it wouldn't be cause he didn't want to play Premier. ( I assume but stand to be corrected. )

Westy have 15 under 18s coming up this year and will field 2 sides in 18s in 2016 so the view moving fwd, ( from a commitee point of view , as I am a committee member ) is def one of having sustained success over a period of time and not going up to come straight back down. ( easier said than done , I agree )

what's happening at other clubs ? Very quiet from Hillside / TL / Tulla / Haddy

I agree you did have some older typed players but if they put back into the club and stay on after they finish that's great for the club. After all you can play a younger list with the intention of going up to premier at some point, but you still must have 5-6 experienced guys and most importantly a good experienced midfielder and ruck for a good blend.

Great to hear West look like having 2 under 18 sides. That alone is great for the club and its future. Credit to West as this takes hard work. BUT as you said, if say 8-10 under 18s are talented the club must look to be playing premier soon as talented kids with ability should be playing premier or higher IMO. I guess they could stay for a year in div1 to show loyalty and hopefully get them up to premier, but there is a big difference between premier & div1. And you will need at least 180k as to get some experience quality players in.
Well done mate!!

I suppose on the flip slide, the league must ask how do some clubs have 2 under 18 sides and some other clubs have none..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back