Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

GEgKjrybEAEX35v

#dickhead

Last edited:
What's he done about anything? tell me
Legislate cheaper medicines, cheaper child care, and extra fee-free TAFE places.
Delivering on energy bill relief for households and small businesses.
Economic performance i.e.a $22 billion surplus for 2022/23, against the $78 billion deficit forecast by the coalition government.

The government had restored Australia's relationships with partners and trading partners, including China and France.
Labor's approach to the climate change challenge to remarks made by former Liberal prime minister Tony Abbott that he didn't believe in the science.

Legislate cheaper medicines, cheaper child care, and extra fee-free TAFE places.
Economic performance i.e.a $22 billion surplus for 2022/23, against the $78 billion deficit forecast by the coalition government.

The government had restored Australia's relationships with partners and trading partners, including China and France.
Labor's approach to the climate change challenge to remarks made by former Liberal prime minister Tony Abbott that he didn't believe in the science.
A lot of stuff conveniently looked over in mainstream media.

But apart from that what have the Romans given us?

Having adults back in charge of international trade and relations has been the most important turnaround. China’s trade bans on Australian exports of coal, copper ores and concentrates, frozen beef, wine, cotton, barley, rough wood, rock lobster, and hay due to Morrison and Dutton’s blundering incompetence are estimated to have cost Australia around A$3 billion in 2020, A$25 billion in 2021 and A$31 billion in 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this media hype about Albo's broken tax cut promises shows how many journos are making over 200k per annum. Albo may not have done exactly what he said he would do but giving middle income earners a bit more to offset the increased cost of living including rising mortgages, rising rents etc. makes sense to me.

I am not rapt in Albo and probably will not vote for him but I cannot criticise him for adjusting the promised tax cuts.

All this media hype about Albo's broken tax cut promises shows how many journos are making over 200k per annum. Albo may not have done exactly what he said he would do but giving middle income earners a bit more to offset the increased cost of living including rising mortgages, rising rents etc. makes sense to me.

I am not rapt in Albo and probably will not vote for him but I cannot criticise him for adjusting the promised tax cuts.

Yeah, the "broken promise" thing will become like a broken record, but it's a broken promise that is actually welcome - Labor's only mistake was being so weasley about saying they'd stick with the stage 3 cuts in the first place. The goalposts have shifted dramatically since ScoMo's mob came up with the policy, so the changes are a bit of a no-brainer.

View attachment 1893317

I swear they're spinning the story to make it appear as though the higher bracket is losing money rather than just getting less back, but still a significant amount

Yep, they're still getting the biggest tax cuts. The cuts haven't happened yet, so they're not losing anything. I bet the journos banging this line are the same ones who criticised Labor for ending the LMITO last financial year - ie staying with the ScoMo policy.

The weaseling of the libs to criticise these changes but also not commit to undoing them if elected as they fear the backlash.

They keep sinking to new lows.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

If he’s not fighting for Chinese made flags - Dictator Dutton is fighting for ordinary australisns earning over 200k

Won’t somebody think of the aspirational ones 😂

Murdoch and the LNP do a magnificent job in actually convincing people to vote against their own interests.

The fish shop grifter has had a 'gutful' of 'lower class Australians' getting everything. She's disgusted she is going to have to forgo a share of Morrison's promised tax cuts so the working class can get yet more hand outs which they'll just squander on things like child care, prescription medicines. It's all 'plus, plus, plus' with those lower class people.

Watched Nemesis on ABC last night and flicked over to ABC about 15 minutes ago watching the replay from the mid point.

First show was about the Abbott PM years. Abbott obviously refused to participate in the series but his allies are on there defending him. Turnbull and Morrison are on there defending their position and the next 2 Mondays will cover their Prime Ministerships.

I remembered the embarrassing Captain's Call of Australia day 2015 of giving Prince Phillip a knighthood and bringing back knighthoods, but I have totally forgotten about the spill motion called by a couple of WA MP's 2 weeks later, and both Turnbull and Morrison were encouraged to run, but they both said no, so it was a spill motion of Abbott vs an empty chair and the vote was 61 v 39.

Abbott was shocked and then says he will listen to the backbench then stupidly says at his presser, that good government starts today - basically saying the previous 15-16 months had been s**t government.

Things went ok for a couple of months then the Bronwyn Bishop took her $5000 helicopter flight from Tullamarine to Geelong, she was speaker and Abbott backed her fully for weeks until she was forced to resign. Those 39 votes for an empty chair started to increase rapidly.

But it was the gay marriage debate and backbencher Warren Entsch's desire to introduce a private members bill that was the straw that broke the camels back after instead of calling a full liberal party meeting to vote for a confidence vote and not a party vote, not liking gay marriage, Abbott called a coalition party meeting and stopped Entsch's proposal and said there would be a plebiscite after the next election. It was on, Abbott backers abandoned ship.

Abbott's been the worst PM in my lifetime and reading history challenges Billy Hughes for the title of worst since Federation. I don't like Morrison, but at least he ran a competent administration and didn't govern like Abbott did, like he was still opposition leader.

But Morrison, bullshits, laughs things off and deflects every time he is challenged by the reporter after a colleague said he did or said this or that. The standard I don't know or that's not my recollection.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back