Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy s**t lol. How much does this guy get paid?

We are about to find out as Brad Banducci has just announced that he will be retiring in September. Another multi million golden handshake is on the cards. Woolworths conduct an 'exhaustive international search' for a replacement then go an appoint someone from within Woolies' Australian operation.

Woolies lost me when they would not stock Australia Day merchandise so I have switched my custom to a retailer who did. My actions alone are not going to make a dent in Woolies profits but it sure makes me feel better.

Last edited:

We are about to find out as Brad Banducci has just announced that he will be retiring in September. Another multi million golden handshake is on the cards. Woolworths conduct an 'exhaustive international search' for a replacement then go an appoint someone from within Woolies' Australian operation.

Woolies lost me when they would not stock Australia Day merchandise
so I have switched my custom to a retailer who did. My actions alone are not going to make a dent in Woolies profits but it sure makes me feel better.
Out of all the reasons to not shop at Woolworths, this part lost you?

Woolies lost me when they would not stock Australia Day merchandise so I have switched my custom to a retailer who did. My actions alone are not going to make a dent in Woolies profits but it sure makes me feel better.
I thought this was a bit, but then I realised we're talking king of the boomers here

Out of all the reasons to not shop at Woolworths, this part lost you?
Woolworths pulling the pin on Australia Day and alienating a sizeable section of society was a bad business decision particularly when 60% of the population had just voted NO in a certain referendum. On that basis alone I reckon a good number of Woolworth's shareholders will be glad Banducci is going.

The timing of the anti Australia Day announcement caught Woolies competitors on the hop as they didn't have time to stock up and take advantage of the own goal. Maybe a new CEO will force a Woolies rethink in 2025 but even if it doesn't the Port supporting John Paul Drake and others will be ready to take advantage.

Last edited:
I thought this was a bit, but then I realised we're talking king of the boomers here

What has a person's age got to do with it? You don't think your constant reversion to age related comments is a little discriminatory?

The fact is that loyalty to one's country should not be confined to any age group. If you don't like the current date come up with an alternative and I will celebrate with you. Until then I will celebrate on the only date anyone has come up with.

Woolworths pulling the pin on Australia Day and alienating a sizeable section of society was a bad business decision particularly when 60% of the population had just voted NO in a certain referendum. On that basis alone I reckon a good number of Woolworth's shareholders will be glad Banducci is going.
Apologies. I thought you were coming from a consumer’s perspective.

What has a person's age got to do with it? You don't think your constant reversion to age related comments is a little discriminatory?

The fact is that loyalty to one's country should not be confined to any age group. If you don't like the current date come up with an alternative and I will celebrate with you. Until then I will celebrate on the only date anyone has come up with.
Ok boomer

Apologies. I thought you were coming from a consumer’s perspective.

No need for apologies I am a bit of both I think. I am pro Australia but I would also like the chance to buy an Aussie flag or stubby holder. I am not expecting Woolworths to have aisles full of Australiana in their super markets but they should have some merchandise available at Big W.

It was a poor business decision as Woolworths stocks took a big plunge following the announcement not to support Australia Day. In mid January Woolies had $2 billion wiped of their share price in two days. I reckon Brad copped a bit of internal flak over that. I think the Australia Day decision and the ACCC price gouging investigation has taken it's toll on Brad Banducci as was evident in his handling of the Four Corners interview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe kinda like the national holiday being a bit discriminatory as well. Hey let's celebrate our nation on one of the key dates that has led to the decimation of indigenous culture.

It should be legislated that any Australia Day mercy be made in Australia. Not some cheap Chinese crap. Just what every true patriot would want (but not want to pay for).

The timing of the anti Australia Day announcement caught Woolies competitors on the hop as they didn't have time to stock up and take advantage of the own goal. Maybe a new CEO will force a Woolies rethink in 2025 but even if it doesn't the Port supporting John Paul Drake and others will be ready to take advantage.
Drakes aust day merch was about one shelf in my local drakes and stubbie holders wer 70% off on the 28th Jan 😂. Jp drakes rant about wokeworths was a massive cringe. The right can meme haha

Drakes are going to struggle if they can’t get younger people into their stores imo and Jp’s political rants won’t help their image as a shopping centre for conservative boomers.

Maybe kinda like the national holiday being a bit discriminatory as well. Hey let's celebrate our nation on one of the key dates that has led to the decimation of indigenous culture.

It should be legislated that any Australia Day mercy be made in Australia. Not some cheap Chinese crap. Just what every true patriot would want (but not want to pay for).

My Port Adelaide cap is made in China but that does not make it any less meaningful to me. Things are what they are and these days it is hard to find anything that is not made somewhere in Asia.

My Port Adelaide cap is made in China but that does not make it any less meaningful to me. Things are what they are and these days it is hard to find anything that is not made somewhere in Asia.
Demand it and boycott any establishment that isn't patriotic enough.

No need for apologies I am a bit of both I think. I am pro Australia but I would also like the chance to buy an Aussie flag or stubby holder. I am not expecting Woolworths to have aisles full of Australiana in their super markets but they should have some merchandise available at Big W.

It was a poor business decision as Woolworths stocks took a big plunge following the announcement not to support Australia Day. In mid January Woolies had $2 billion wiped of their share price in two days. I reckon Brad copped a bit of internal flak over that. I think the Australia Day decision and the ACCC price gouging investigation has taken it's toll on Brad Banducci as was evident in his handling of the Four Corners interview.

If you’re a true Patriot you’d already have hundreds at home that you’ve bought in other years.

Surely you don’t throw the precious flag in the bin afterwards?

If you’re a true Patriot you’d already have hundreds at home that you’ve bought in other years.

Surely you don’t throw the precious flag in the bin afterwards?
But consumer capitalism ranks higher than nationalism in the loyalty stakes tho.

Woolworths made a decision not to stock product that isn't selling. I think actual shareholders would be happy about that.

Coles ended up with a small shitty selection, and even that didn't sell. Same with Drakes.

Woolworths shares plunged at that time because of the Government's announcement of investigations in supermarket price gouging.

Note Coles share prices also dropped at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back