GRAND FINAL
GARVEY OVAL 11:45am SAT 10/9
Parkside
South Melbourne DistrictsParksideSouth Melbourne Districts
1st SEMIFINALvsvs
ElsternwickEmmaus St LeosEmmaus St Leos
Emmaus St Leos

Last edited:

Have they lost a few? Haven’t sat down and looked at teams.
The Citz’s have had a tough time with injuries and unavailability’s. Haven’t seen them play this year but apparently they lost two very good players to year ending knee injuries Round 1 which hasn’t helped but they were really bad on the weekend from what I was told. They are expecting players to return after Easter. Time will tell. Keen to get out for a look next game and will report back.

The Citz’s have had a tough time with injuries and unavailability’s. Haven’t seen them play this year but apparently they lost two very good players to year ending knee injuries Round 1 which hasn’t helped but they were really bad on the weekend from what I was told. They are expecting players to return after Easter. Time will tell. Keen to get out for a look next game and will report back.
Will be interesting to see if many other clubs have a post-Easter influx of players and if a round 4/5 is where we start to see teams near full strength

Will be interesting to see if many other clubs have a post-Easter influx of players and if a round 4/5 is where we start to see teams near full strength
In my expe of lower divisions in vafa - clubs that are sitting in the top 4 will likely have more players come back in the hunt for glory where others that are struggling will conitnue to struggle for player availabilities

In my expe of lower divisions in vafa - clubs that are sitting in the top 4 will likely have more players come back in the hunt for glory where others that are struggling will conitnue to struggle for player availabilities
Only checked out the SMD & Wicks teams so far and there’s a few names missing from last year or only playing 1/2 in wicks case.
Will be interesting to see if the missing ones return.

Injuries at the top end have certainly not helped Hawthorn. A few from the 2's that shouldn't be playing 1's getting a run and the 2's better players have been guys in the 40+ age bracket just helping out.

Parkside
Richmond Cenny
Elsternwick for the big game
Canterbury - moving hawthorn to Owen n 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As promised, went and watched the Citz take on Canterbury.
Credit to both clubs, the ANZAC ceremony was first class.
Great game of footy. Final scores don’t reflect the game. I was shocked to see the 30 point margin. Canterbury are a vastly improved side and move the ball very well. No. 3, No. 26, No. 16, no. 20 - all very good players for Canterbury. Hawthorn have a very potent forward line and seemed to kick a goal each time it went it. But, so did Canterbury, geez the Citz’s gave up some easy goals.
Speaking to some that are in the know at the Citz’s and they have about 6 top liners still out. But, so do all teams. They are building so no panic. They better hurry up…..Canterbury are a slick unit.

As promised, went and watched the Citz take on Canterbury.
Credit to both clubs, the ANZAC ceremony was first class.
Great game of footy. Final scores don’t reflect the game. I was shocked to see the 30 point margin. Canterbury are a vastly improved side and move the ball very well. No. 3, No. 26, No. 16, no. 20 - all very good players for Canterbury. Hawthorn have a very potent forward line and seemed to kick a goal each time it went it. But, so did Canterbury, geez the Citz’s gave up some easy goals.
Speaking to some that are in the know at the Citz’s and they have about 6 top liners still out. But, so do all teams. They are building so no panic. They better hurry up…..Canterbury are a slick unit.
Nice summary Longmire. It seems a very even comp this year n as u said lots of teams have top players out... I saw parts of parkside and NB, was a tuff tussle between the teams, both sides missing some quality players but game was played in good spirits and NB held on. Expect parkside to bounce back and r a much better side when mackie plays he didnt on the w/e, he is their key player...
Looks like another evenly matched season

Tips.......
EmStL in a close one
RC too strong for Westies
Parkside in a close one (mackie is listed)
Canterbury in another close one

Went down and watched SMD v Wicks last weekend.
Big day and big rivalry. Got heated and physical in the second half with the wicks coming home strong in the last quarter to steal the win off the bloods.
Great game and great atmosphere. 250 games for Hunter is a big achievement as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back