Diet, Supplements and Enhancers

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently using Bulk Nutrients WPI. 1kg for $43 which for WPI a very good price. And Bulk Nutrients Creatine. Happy with Bulk Nutrients atm. They are from Tassie and the flavours have been good, mixability is good too. I mix with water but it doesn't seem to have any thickening agents like a vital strength from chemist warehouse which I like.
Musashi pre workout, don't really use much.
Multis, fibre, vit C, greens and Carnitine 2000mg through out day.

Last edited:
Tip for anyone who suffers from hay fever/allergies during spring - try spirulina.

I've always been prone to hay fever in the mornings but this was the first year where it was affecting me all day at work.

Then I heard about it on the Stronger By Science podcast (google 'spirulina for allergies' to see a bunch of studies on it), so I bought a tub of 400 pills for about $20 and started taking the max recommended dose.

Man, it has worked like magic for me! Way more effective than the over the counter pharmaceuticals I was resorting to taking some days and I noticed the effect almost immediately. I'm not usually one to placebo myself either, I'm usually pretty sceptical when trying new stuff but I'm well and truly converted on this.

Tip for anyone who suffers from hay fever/allergies during spring - try spirulina.

I've always been prone to hay fever in the mornings but this was the first year where it was affecting me all day at work.

Then I heard about it on the Stronger By Science podcast (google 'spirulina for allergies' to see a bunch of studies on it), so I bought a tub of 400 pills for about $20 and started taking the max recommended dose.

Man, it has worked like magic for me! Way more effective than the over the counter pharmaceuticals I was resorting to taking some days and I noticed the effect almost immediately. I'm not usually one to placebo myself either, I'm usually pretty sceptical when trying new stuff but I'm well and truly converted on this.

What dose are you taking? Less hay fever in my life is appealing

What dose are you taking? Less hay fever in my life is appealing

I started with the max recommended 5 tablets (so 5000mg) morning and night, but it's obviously a bit of a pain taking that many so I'm currently experimenting with finding the minimum effective dose. Down to 4 tabs twice a day now and haven't noticed a difference yet.

YMMV of course, but it's definitely worked for me.

I started with the max recommended 5 tablets (so 5000mg) morning and night, but it's obviously a bit of a pain taking that many so I'm currently experimenting with finding the minimum effective dose. Down to 4 tabs twice a day now and haven't noticed a difference yet.

YMMV of course, but it's definitely worked for me.

I did a quick google and it's certainly supported by studies from the limited one's they've done, just trying to work out what the dose might need to be, because taking 5-6 tablets is a pain so if say 3 was effective that would be much less annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching a recent Joe Rogan Podcast, Episode 2060 with Gary Brecka... very interesting chat, mostly talking about Methylation and the benefits of Genetic testing.

Note- I had never heard of Methylation.

The Methylation Panel is an innovative test designed to offer insight into the critical biochemical methylation pathway. Methylation metabolites are measured in plasma, and genetic single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) are analyzed via buccal swab.
Methylation.

What does methylation analysis do?

DNA methylation analysis allows scientists to gain valuable insight into gene regulation and identify potential biomarkers. Aberrant DNA methylation has been implicated in many disease processes, including cancer, obesity, and addiction.
DNA Methylation Analysis | Genome-wide methylation profiling.

Currently on Day 7 of a loading phase for Creatine been taking about 20g per day.

Was going to do a final Day 8, only because I have seen the loading phase suggest taking 20 to 25g per day for 7 days.

The last two days, definitely noticed Ive increased the weight and or reps with some exercises. Definitely felt more energized and less exhausted after my lifts. I have also slept the best I have for months, so I know that is definitely a variable.

I would like to think its not the placebo effect. Does creatine work that quickly?

1KG for $68.

I’m going to struggle to go back to cheaper brands though, the difference was very apparent.
Could I please get your thoughts (or anyone else as well, go you pups ) about these two protein powders?

I take casein before my workout and before bed time. Never had any issues with them and like the taste. Importantly it keeps me fueled for my workout and at night time it fills me up.

During the day I take the isolate.

Currently on Day 7 of a loading phase for Creatine been taking about 20g per day.

Was going to do a final Day 8, only because I have seen the loading phase suggest taking 20 to 25g per day for 7 days.

The last two days, definitely noticed Ive increased the weight and or reps with some exercises. Definitely felt more energized and less exhausted after my lifts. I have also slept the best I have for months, so I know that is definitely a variable.

I would like to think its not the placebo effect. Does creatine work that quickly?
Surprised you haven't tried it before?

I started on it about 2 and half months ago not bothering with the loading phase and and after maybe a month have gotten a lot better since. Problem is I also changed other more important stuff at the same time. Introduced set work out routines and tracking performance, making sure I'm eating properly and getting enough protein, adding WPC.. so hard to say what amount is due to that.

Have heard that a lot of people think it does nothing when they start taking it, but then if they stop that's when they finally notice the difference. If I did have to pick something a muscle like the bicep looks 'fuller' due to the water retention.

Just a total guess but it feels like it is probably something that gives, I dunno like a 3 - 5% advantage, which still is worthwhile. Given how very cheap the stuff is not sure why everyone just doesn't take it.

Surprised you haven't tried it before?

I started on it about 2 and half months ago not bothering with the loading phase and and after maybe a month have gotten a lot better since. Problem is I also changed other more important stuff at the same time. Introduced set work out routines and tracking performance, making sure I'm eating properly and getting enough protein, adding WPC.. so hard to say what amount is due to that.

Have heard that a lot of people think it does nothing when they start taking it, but then if they stop that's when they finally notice the difference. If I did have to pick something a muscle like the bicep looks 'fuller' due to the water retention.

Just a total guess but it feels like it is probably something that gives, I dunno like a 3 - 5% advantage, which still is worthwhile. Given how very cheap the stuff is not sure why everyone just doesn't take it.
Brilliant post, thank you mate.

Ive been trying to lose weight, which really what kick started me jumping back in the gym a few years back which is how I landed on this wonderful board and posting a lot on these threads. So the thought of taking a supplement that increases my weight, felt self defeating. I know its basically/is water weight, but it took me this long to appreciate that gaining this weight on the scale due to creatine is "irrelevant." Not to mention, I wanted to get my diet almost zoned in and consistent so that when I do gain the weight, which I have roughly about 1 to 1.5kg , Im not concerned by it, which Im not.

I did my research and homework, everything you stated is 100% spot on.

Your last sentence is exactly what I was thinking, if your take going to the gym seriously and dont have any issues about the "insignificant weight gain", I dont understand how anyone wouldnt go on it or at the very least try it. There is apparently a small percentage of people that wont respond to it.

No.
There have been studies that show placebo affect can be as or nearly as effective as steroids lol.
Yes.

Given I had undertaken a loading phase, I noticed the genuine effects of creatine and small improvement after just 4 days. Like I said it was not with every exercise and the improvement was small either another rep or increase in weight by 1.25kg on each side of the barbell.

Probably the most important improvement I felt is in actual recovery, I do Push/Pull/Legs for 6 days and usually by the 6th day Im cooked. Today however, I feel good and its not something I was actually thinking about until now either.

Taking a modest dose of around 3-5 grams daily can produce increased strength and endurance in around 2-4 weeks. While creatine loading, taking 20-25 grams daily for 7 days followed by a lower maintenance dose, can produce results in 5-7 days.

Yes, I am well aware of studies showing improvement with placebo, but felt in my situation this was not the case.

Yeah from memory I think most people add like a kg or 2 on the scales? But it's not like random bloating it's into muscles which where you actually want it.

It is kind of funny that the 1 supplement proven to actually work costs **** all.
Im probably wrong here and havent researched this, but I wouldnt recommend it to a newbie.

I probably tell them to wait for 6months. There is enough gains going with newbies and I think they will enjoy and appreciate the benefits of creatine after they have lifted for a few months.

I had no idea it has all these benefits:

Muscle Growth

Increased Strength and Performance

Prevent Injury and Reduce Recovery Time

Brain Health

Other Potential Health Benefits

Some research suggests that creatine supplementation may aid in lowering blood sugar and help treat nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. More research is needed in these areas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back