Diet, Supplements and Enhancers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all
Do many of you have bread in your diets at all?
Ive had 3 weeks off training so getting back into it and keen to tighten my eating up.

Going through meal/snack ideas and some trainers seem to be saying bread is similar to rice and thry have 'clean' french toast as a meal option
I always got told back in the day to avoid bread and have brown rice

Cheers

Hi all
Ive had 3 weeks off training so getting back into it and keen to tighten my eating up.

Going through meal/snack ideas and some trainers seem to be saying bread is similar to rice and thry have 'clean' french toast as a meal option

Cheers
White rice and white bread are great sources of starchy carbs which are an extremely efficient way of refilling your muscles glycogen stores. The fact they are more quickly digested and absorbed by muscle tissue (god bless the GLUT4) is great for muscle recovery but can lead to overfeeding. More complex carbs (wholemeal bread and brown rice) take longer to be digested and absorbed and thus generally lead to greater feelings of satiation.

So really, the right carbohydrate depends on your own personal circumstances. If you find it easy to overeat and are trying to lose bodyfat, complex carbs will probably be your best bet, however if you're a skinny dude that struggles to add size to your frame, simple, starchy carbs might be better.

White rice and white bread are great sources of starchy carbs which are an extremely efficient way of refilling your muscles glycogen stores. The fact they are more quickly digested and absorbed by muscle tissue (god bless the GLUT4) is great for muscle recovery but can lead to overfeeding. More complex carbs (wholemeal bread and brown rice) take longer to be digested and absorbed and thus generally lead to greater feelings of satiation.

So really, the right carbohydrate depends on your own personal circumstances. If you find it easy to overeat and are trying to lose bodyfat, complex carbs will probably be your best bet, however if you're a skinny dude that struggles to add size to your frame, simple, starchy carbs might be better.
Im 183cm and 100kg , so not really looking to bulk ......might give the brown bread option and see how we go 👍

Probably want strip 4-5 kgs

Hi all

Cheers
Your average piece of bread contains around 80-140 calories depending on the brand. So really depends on the rest of your diet. There really is no such thing as "good or clean foods"
Work out your BMR or your TDEE in a calorie counter (I use the James Smith Acadamy one), put yourself in a defecit and then eat what works for you within that defecit.

The aldi protein bread is a good option too. I think Coles might do one now also.
That's higher in protein and veggie fats instead of carbs

248 calories for 2 slices I think, so a bit more than a carb heavy bread

I was eating it earlier in the year, but found it to be rather pointless mixing say other protein like eggs, tuna or deli meats with it, macros weren't really balanced doing so, so I dropped it out of the rotation

true romance heart GIF

Anyone know of any good sales on at the moment? I'm due for protein powder again, chemist warehouse is 50 percent off Musashi again, been on the 100 whey for ages now, seems the best value when you get the 2kg tub but pay week is next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know of any good sales on at the moment? I'm due for protein powder again, chemist warehouse is 50 percent off Musashi again, been on the 100 whey for ages now, seems the best value when you get the 2kg tub but pay week is next week.

Bulk Nutrients might not have a sale but it’s still probably the best value.

In my early 20s I was big into the supplements.
10 years later I train completely naturally, feel better than I ever have physically. Food is your fuel. I believe that you should aim to get your protein from what you eat.

That and no stomach complaints.

10 years later I train completely naturally, feel better than I ever have physically. Food is your fuel. I believe that you should aim to get your protein from what you eat.

Agree with this. Pretty easy for 99% of us to get our protein requirements from what we eat.

I'm still taking creatine, but black coffee is my PWO and eggs my most common post-gym source of protein.
Food absolutely comes before supps.

I'm still taking creatine, but black coffee is my PWO and eggs my most common post-gym source of protein.
Food absolutely comes before supps.

Creatine is justifiable as it actually beats out placebo in young, healthy adults unlike 99% of other supps which are mostly only useful once you’re in your 70s and beyond.

My daughter in law is very slim and recently started taking Whey Protein as part of a dietary regime combined with exercise and weights with the goal of putting on some weight/muscle.

Within a few days she broke out in a terrible all over body reddish and bloated looking rash, she went to the local ED and it turned out to be a reaction to the Whey Protein powder, doctors at the hospital told her it was not an uncommon reaction. Her symptoms settled quickly once she stopped the supplement.

My daughter in law is very slim and recently started taking Whey Protein as part of a dietary regime combined with exercise and weights with the goal of putting on some weight/muscle.

Within a few days she broke out in a terrible all over body reddish and bloated looking rash, she went to the local ED and it turned out to be a reaction to the Whey Protein powder, doctors at the hospital told her it was not an uncommon reaction. Her symptoms settled quickly once she stopped the supplement.

Just get her to switch from whey to a different source of protein powder like rice protein

Remove this Banner Ad

Back