Diet, Supplements and Enhancers

Remove this Banner Ad

Gorilla Mode is one I've heard positive reviews about and ingredients list reads pretty good. Will likely be the next one I try
Will have a look

20220505_011353.jpg
20220505_011409.jpg

Will have this on the weekend or next weekend for my next big chest day, got it from my last protein order, few samples thrown in, looks a solid formula though not big on the pumps, mainly stimulants and nootropics, imo this is moreso what Disorder should be like if they remade it.

Yeah Gorilla Mode double scoop, wowee, 9g L Citrulline, solid solid mix

Eria Jarensis in it too

There's one I'm interested in too called Darkside Ultra pre extreme, the American version has 600mg Alpha GPC and Eria Jarensis in it, but they watered the international version down a bit with no Eria Jarensis and 300mg Alpha GPC, but put in English Walnut instead, looks decent enough still though to be on my shortlist. Looks a bit like DVST8 but potentially better.

Chemist Warehouse has 50 percent off Musashi products. Thinking of getting their 2kg bucket of 100% whey for $40ish, is it any good? I usually get Bulk Nutrients but I'm pretty broke at the moment.

I like their protein bars, the ones with 40g of protein even taste good still. How often does chenlmist warehouse do this sale?

Chemist Warehouse has 50 percent off Musashi products. Thinking of getting their 2kg bucket of 100% whey for $40ish, is it any good? I usually get Bulk Nutrients but I'm pretty broke at the moment.

I like their protein bars, the ones with 40g of protein even taste good still. How often does chenlmist warehouse do this sale?
Yeah the chocolate is pretty decent, load up, it's versatile, tastes decent with water, low fat/skinny milk, even coconut water, I've been mixing it with other proteins too like my Max's banana whey and salted caramel Anabolic Night. It's easily the best chocolate WPC/WPI blend CW sells, the INC is too sweet and is only like 68-70% protein per serve and Vitalstrengths is way too bland and only tastes ok with full cream milk.

I grabbed their vanilla also, it's a bit meh on its own with water, but it mixes very well with other proteins flavours like strawberry/berry and works in smoothies and with milk too

Seems like it's every 2-3 months they'll put the sale on, I grabbed last batch of Musashi in March last time around, grabbed a tub of chocolate today (got about a week left of the chocolate I bought in March, but heaps of vanilla still)

INC cookies and cream is the best flavour Chemist Warehouse sells imo, loaded up for winter there the other week when it was $50 a tub, bought 2 tubs. 75% protein which is ok but also has medium chain triglycerides in their formula surprisingly.

Also mixes bloody well with both chocolate or vanilla flavoured oats and PB2 powder for smoothies, will need to make banana smoothies with it some day (normally use chocolate Musashi for that)

20220510_210215.jpg 20220510_210537.jpg

Currently what I'm running with, don't want to spend over winter, got more than enough protein obviously so not going to buy there unless I really feel like a strawberry protein which I'd get from my next Myprotein order for when I run out of flavoured oats (though I've nearly finished 1 of my Max's tubs and 1 of the Musashis on display), I'll probably top up on multivitamins in June get a few from Myprotein and the rest from CW or something, an unflavoured Bulge, another Primabolics Grind (probably my favourite preworkout from my current bunch) thinking I'll grab a nootropic too so I can mow through the 7th Gear and Disorder (not a fan of either, but gotta make do somehow). Ghost is pretty good, found it did the job far better than Disorder and 7th gear, wasn't going to buy it for a while, but after Primabolics Grind showing up stims as a complete non-stim last week, felt **** it and grabbed a tub on the weekend, good enough formula for a stim pump day.

Stacked Grind with Bulge tonight, epic shoulder and tricep pump for about half an hour towards the end of my workout and for 15-20 minutes after my workout, good power and focus too.

Black Friday sales I will 100% target anyone doing discounts so I can load up for summer, so I'm loading up now and finishing off in June, then easing right off aside from top ups is the plan here, don't want to spend in July/August/September for example, then maybe an October top up to get me through til Black Friday.

Expensive, but it 100% helps, training 5 days a week and it's not running me down, 12-13kg down on the year, hopefully get close to 20 by the end of June midpoint.

Haha, here I am trying to avoid one obnoxiously large container. Cupboard space is precious at my house and I'm usually sneaking around at 4am making breakfasts and lunch trying not to wake a one year old or a five year old. Every noisy item seems to gravitate to just in front of any frequently used container I put in the cupboard, your arrangement fills me with jealousy and anxiety at the same time.

I tried a few of the Inc sachets the other week when I was travelling and can't say I was a fan of them. Didn't seem to mix well but I was usually putting them in yoghurt or oats so was probably more my doing. I'll give Musashi a go.

View attachment 1397199View attachment 1397201

Currently what I'm running with, don't want to spend over winter, got more than enough protein obviously so not going to buy there unless I really feel like a strawberry protein which I'd get from my next Myprotein order for when I run out of flavoured oats (though I've nearly finished 1 of my Max's tubs and 1 of the Musashis on display), I'll probably top up on multivitamins in June get a few from Myprotein and the rest from CW or something, an unflavoured Bulge, another Primabolics Grind (probably my favourite preworkout from my current bunch) thinking I'll grab a nootropic too so I can mow through the 7th Gear and Disorder (not a fan of either, but gotta make do somehow). Ghost is pretty good, found it did the job far better than Disorder and 7th gear, wasn't going to buy it for a while, but after Primabolics Grind showing up stims as a complete non-stim last week, felt **** it and grabbed a tub on the weekend, good enough formula for a stim pump day.

Stacked Grind with Bulge tonight, epic shoulder and tricep pump for about half an hour towards the end of my workout and for 15-20 minutes after my workout, good power and focus too.
Not hating, but looks like a big overkill/waste. Around 50% or more of that your probably straight pissing out and don't actually need.
Also be very careful with the stimulants, being overweight, you've already put stress on your heart, some of these will make it go bananas.

Last edited:
Not hating, but looks like a big overkill/waste. Around 50% or more of that your probably straight pissing out and don't actually need.
Also be very careful with the stimulants, being overweight, you've already put stress on your heart, some of these will make it go bananas.
Yeah I've factored alot of this in and have tried to learn on the go

Only having stims 2-3 times a week on my heavy compound training days and I'm adjusting doses. Trained both Saturday and Sunday, had Ghost on Saturday arvo and enjoyed my chest day and had 1 scoop (250mg caffeine) of Disorder Sunday arvo for deadlifts, had half a serve of Ghost this arvo stacked with Grind for legs (125mg), really like Tyrosine and Alpha GPC.

Disorder 100% was a waste, happy to sell my unopened tub at a loss or give away to an interested party as I bought 2 on sale thinking it'd do the job (all hype that stuff, reckon because it tastes good it gets a good rap, but all it is is stimulants with a trickle of nootropics, Citrulline Malate and Beta Alanine)

Pump and nootropic formulas I seem to like training on the most from my 2+ months going bananas on assembling a stack. Enjoying training on Bulge, Grind and Ghost Legend, Ghost is the only stim from those 3 and has the least amount of caffeine from the 3 stims in my cupboard. Bulge delivers sick pumps, so at least Faction Labs have got that one somewhat right, just not Disorder.

7th Gear is mediocre, even with the 350mg caffeine a serve, but I will get through it over winter slowly, Grind has a pineapple flavour at least, so will stack the 2 some days when I grab more Grind, probably like half a serve of 7th Gear (175mg)

Also down 13kg for the year and my body composition is improving, the supps are definitely assisting with the workouts/recovery though. 3rd time in 5 years I've attempted to lose the weight, this is the only attempt supplement assisted and it's working imo, though this is the first time I've used a calorie tracker too.

Looking at having a 2 week stim break in June when I deload, I will probably hit more cardio and drop my 4-5 weight training days a week down to 3 in that period, then will ramp it up again.

Haha, here I am trying to avoid one obnoxiously large container. Cupboard space is precious at my house and I'm usually sneaking around at 4am making breakfasts and lunch trying not to wake a one year old or a five year old. Every noisy item seems to gravitate to just in front of any frequently used container I put in the cupboard, your arrangement fills me with jealousy and anxiety at the same time.

I tried a few of the Inc sachets the other week when I was travelling and can't say I was a fan of them. Didn't seem to mix well but I was usually putting them in yoghurt or oats so was probably more my doing. I'll give Musashi a go.
Yeah cookies and cream is the only INC protein that's any good for shakes, smoothies, general taste and protein content imo

I did exactly the same too last year with their sachets, the choc mint was ok, but the protein content is too low (far too many flavours and sweeteners dropping its content), the chocolate is too sickly and also a bit low on protein content, Musashi Chocolate is done way better and is still a reasonable 74% protein (Musashi vanilla is 76.7% I think, really just the cocoa for chocolate dropping the percentage slightly)

Just got home from chemist warehouse, got a big chocolate 100 Whey and a smaller vanilla one. Should keep me out of trouble for a bit.

Just got home from chemist warehouse, got a big chocolate 100 Whey and a smaller vanilla one. Should keep me out of trouble for a bit.
Vanilla will be good for smoothies, but yeah it should get you through most of winter I'd imagine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I've factored alot of this in and have tried to learn on the go

Only having stims 2-3 times a week on my heavy compound training days and I'm adjusting doses. Trained both Saturday and Sunday, had Ghost on Saturday arvo and enjoyed my chest day and had 1 scoop (250mg caffeine) of Disorder Sunday arvo for deadlifts, had half a serve of Ghost this arvo stacked with Grind for legs (125mg), really like Tyrosine and Alpha GPC.

Disorder 100% was a waste, happy to sell my unopened tub at a loss or give away to an interested party as I bought 2 on sale thinking it'd do the job (all hype that stuff, reckon because it tastes good it gets a good rap, but all it is is stimulants with a trickle of nootropics, Citrulline Malate and Beta Alanine)

Pump and nootropic formulas I seem to like training on the most from my 2+ months going bananas on assembling a stack. Enjoying training on Bulge, Grind and Ghost Legend, Ghost is the only stim from those 3 and has the least amount of caffeine from the 3 stims in my cupboard. Bulge delivers sick pumps, so at least Faction Labs have got that one somewhat right, just not Disorder.

7th Gear is mediocre, even with the 350mg caffeine a serve, but I will get through it over winter slowly, Grind has a pineapple flavour at least, so will stack the 2 some days when I grab more Grind, probably like half a serve of 7th Gear (175mg)

Also down 13kg for the year and my body composition is improving, the supps are definitely assisting with the workouts/recovery though. 3rd time in 5 years I've attempted to lose the weight, this is the only attempt supplement assisted and it's working imo, though this is the first time I've used a calorie tracker too.

Looking at having a 2 week stim break in June when I deload, I will probably hit more cardio and drop my 4-5 weight training days a week down to 3 in that period, then will ramp it up again.
Don't be surprised if the whole recovery thing is a bit of a placebo though. Your body will also be adapting to your consistency of training and naturally feeling better the next day as opposed to 6 months earlier.
Great work on the 13kgs, that's awesome, but you could save yourself hundreds with the over abundance of supplements. You'll literally be just pissing our a fair chunk of them.

Don't be surprised if the whole recovery thing is a bit of a placebo though. Your body is probably just adapting to the training and naturally feeling better the next day as opposed to 6 months earlier.
Great work on the 13kgs, that's awesome, but you could save yourself hundreds with the over abundance of supplements. You'll literally be just pissing our a fair chunk of them.
Yeah I'll definitely cut down on them later in the year and go with whatever I feel works best

Could be some placebo affect, but definitely no placebo going on with pump/nitric oxide formulas, they 100% work, Beta Alanine pretty good too.

I've been training pretty hard since 2020 covid 3-4 days a week on average but a little nore at the moment, always had a tub of protein on hand back then

Not advocating blowing all your money on supps but assume the guy isn't taking them all at once and just using them for variety. I'll have like 3 different pre workout supps in my bag at any one time generally. We all getting robbed blind with the cost of them but if it helps you enjoy your hobby more then meh

Not advocating blowing all your money on supps but assume the guy isn't taking them all at once and just using them for variety. I'll have like 3 different pre workout supps in my bag at any one time generally. We all getting robbed blind with the cost of them but if it helps you enjoy your hobby more then meh
100% for variety and certain products for specific training days

Every Tuesday when I train shoulders and triceps I use Bulge for pumps for example, generally don't have any stims that day, back and biceps day on Friday I'll lean that way too with Grind/Bulge.

Said in a previous post going all in on the one big 4-5kg/10lb bag/tub of protein in years gone by wasn't the right play too, first couple of weeks it tastes good, then I'll get through half of it about 6-8 weeks in then I'm absolutely sick of it and want to change it up and either start chugging it down to not waste it or worst case throw it out. Biggest size I'll buy is about 5lbs these days and have a few on the go (stocked up for winter here though)

Not sure if it's appeared in the previous 54 pages but the AIS is a good resource;

Gives you a good rundown on what has a heap of evidence behind it, what is evidenced only in niche cases, and what's not at all evidenced.

For most people you're looking to fill gaps in your nutrition, so if your diet is reasonable you shouldn't be having to take a bucketload of supplements. They're not a magic bullet to fix a bad diet.

Anyone else tried carnitine? I was pretty sceptical when I first purchased it but had seen some good reviews on reddit.

It’s definitely surpassed my expectations, I do 2g in the morning and then 2g in the afternoon.

I don’t know about it’s fat burning efficacy (I’m not currently in a calorie deficit) but as a nootropic I have found it to be extremely helpful in keeping me focused and productive after lunch. Normally my afternoons are a bit hit and miss but usually after 2g of ALCAR I’m able to punch through a fair bit of work. I also seem to be a lot more focused in the gym when I’ve taken my morning dose too.

Here’s a pretty well referenced write up

Anyone else tried carnitine? I was pretty sceptical when I first purchased it but had seen some good reviews on reddit.

It’s definitely surpassed my expectations, I do 2g in the morning and then 2g in the afternoon.

I don’t know about it’s fat burning efficacy (I’m not currently in a calorie deficit) but as a nootropic I have found it to be extremely helpful in keeping me focused and productive after lunch. Normally my afternoons are a bit hit and miss but usually after 2g of ALCAR I’m able to punch through a fair bit of work. I also seem to be a lot more focused in the gym when I’ve taken my morning dose too.

Interesting as a nootropic

Always thought it to be a fat burner, went through a tub when I was like 21, didn't do much for me, though tbf I didn't take much then, just whey protein, preworkout and that.

Speaking of nootropics, a good Tyrosine, Alpha GPC and Huperzine A combo seems to work for me, gives me drive and focus in my workouts, never feel bad on it

It's a total crock. It won't help you burn fat if you are not in a calorie defecit. Not one bit, it MAY, aid a bit if you are currently in a defecit.... But what would you rather, fork out money on pills that may help burn a little more... or simply consume another 100 fewer calories a day?

Also must be said that this bloke makes a lot of his money selling suppliments and being a "Brand ambassador"

It's a total crock. It won't help you burn fat if you are not in a calorie defecit. Not one bit, it MAY, aid a bit if you are currently in a defecit.... But what would you rather, fork out money on pills that may help burn a little more... or simply consume another 100 fewer calories a day?

So much of a crock that the AIS have it included as a recommended supplement?

Also must be said that this bloke makes a lot of his money selling suppliments and being a "Brand ambassador"
The reddit user u/Mougllii is a brand ambassador and makes money selling supplements?

So much of a crock that the AIS have it included as a recommended supplement?

The reddit user u/Mougllii is a brand ambassador and makes money selling supplements?
No the reddit user Moreplatesmoredates, i don't use reddit so it looked like he shared the "article"

Did you read the article??
There is a hell of a lot of "Mays" in the PDF, so it's mostly unproven.
And also, its doesn't say that its a recommended supplement, just that its considered category B under the doping regulation. So if an athlete is going to use it, do so under XYZ circumstance etc.
They test every legal supplement under the sun with there athletes to see if they can get an edge somewhere.

If you are not in a calorie defecit, L-Carnitine will do bugger all, especially for weight loss.

Last edited:
No the reddit user Moreplatesmoredates, i don't use reddit so it looked like he shared the "article"

Did you read the article??
There is a hell of a lot of "Mays" in the PDF, so it's mostly unproven.
And also, its doesn't say that its a recommended supplement, just that its considered category B under the doping regulation. So if an athlete is going to use it, do so under XYZ circumstance etc.
They test every legal supplement under the sun with there athletes to see if they can get an edge somewhere.
It wasn't written by moreplatesmoredates it was posted on the moreplatesmoredates subreddit
If you are not in a calorie defecit, L-Carnitine will do bugger all, especially for weight loss.
No s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back