Bumped David King analysing the Geelong game plan

Remove this Banner Ad

his beady little black eyes give me the shits. The fake laugh whenever he gets flustered by panel members and the excessive amount of arm hair, not to mention the bloody fluff growing on those fingers of his!

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Hahahhaaa…you're in top form Bobby….

While we can all cast aspersions his way , especially re us in 2011 but for this... do we have an facts on the current investigation?

Around the 8th Aug he was calling for people to get on Lewy Taylor .... I believe this was before the voting was done by the RStar committee
Apparently there was a leak very close to the event , that lots of people would have known of

I guess what will be interesting is when he laid the bets. What date? Was he just backing his judgement.. Was it an unusually large wager for him personally?

An AFL official was begging Brisbane reporters to come down in person to the event right before it, offering to pay for flights. Made it pretty obvious Taylor was the winner.

An AFL official was begging Brisbane reporters to come down in person to the event right before it, offering to pay for flights. Made it pretty obvious Taylor was the winner.
All I can say, with embarrassment, who the hell is Taylor?

You asked who he was, I told you his name and an achievement from last season. If you're still stumped, you're asking the wrong question.

http://www.lions.com.au/player-profile/lewis-taylor
The embarrassment is he was a Geelong Falcon, but I honestly had forgotten his season and had no idea he'd had such a good one.
My stupid question was a poor attempt to suggest he was an unlikely winner.
He probably was a very worthy winner.
I will try to be more direct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he is still there and making a similar prediction to the lead up to the 2011 GF. Perhaps he is a closet Geelong supporter and uses the negative approach to fire us up.

But he is still there and making a similar prediction to the lead up to the 2011 GF. Perhaps he is a closet Geelong supporter and uses the negative approach to fire us up.

I think his early predictions/doubts about the Cats in 2011 were somewhat justified, Hawkins wasn't playing great footy, Mooney looked shot and we had no-one else to help out Pods.
So he was right, kinda.
Fact was Hawkins hit his straps a fortnight out from the finals and King didn't want to go back on his statement and instead made himself out to be a giant twat.
Personally I have no issue with him, although I do like to point out his wrongs.

Last edited:
That is his job to commentate.
He hates Geelong though
Any reason for this?
There once was a side in the early Nineties that kept on keeping the Nth Melbourne side that David was apart out of Grand Finals

I think his early predictions/doubts about the Cats in 2011 were somewhat justified, Hawkins wasn't playing great footy, Mooney looked shot and we had no-one else to help out Pods.
So he was right, kinda.
Fact was Hawkins hit his straps a fortnight out from the finals and King didn't want to go back on his statement and instead made himself out to be a giant twat.
Personally I have no issue with him, although I do like to point out his wrongs.
we were equal top of the ladder and had already beaten Collingwood before Hawkins form improved.

we were equal top of the ladder and had already beaten Collingwood before Hawkins form improved.

And?
Most of what he said was centred on "I'm not sure who will play that half forward role like cam mooney".
You could argue we should have beaten the pies by far more than we did early in the year and if not for our lack of forward power that night we would have, our midfield and backline were the strengths that year, not our forwards.

That is his job to commentate.
He hates Geelong though
Any reason for this?
Goes back to an incident at the Tunnel back in the 90's when a very smooth Cats player cut his lunch with a chick. There were words said, and a couple of Cats players let him know in no uncertain terms that he's nothing more than a little port Melbourne bitch. Copped a clip and a fearful mouthful. It was all witnessed by the chick, humiliated doesn't cover it. He ended up scurrying Out the side door at the foot of the back stairs. I personally reckon this is why he gets his period every time geelong are mentioned.

And?
Most of what he said was centred on "I'm not sure who will play that half forward role like cam mooney".
You could argue we should have beaten the pies by far more than we did early in the year and if not for our lack of forward power that night we would have, our midfield and backline were the strengths that year, not our forwards.

The idiot had us finishing 6th in 2013 (top 4), 7th in 2014 (top 4) and has now got us missing out all together for 2015.

What football expert in their right mind would continually place Richmond above us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back