Bumped David King analysing the Geelong game plan

Remove this Banner Ad

This apparently was Chris Scotts reaction while watching the War Room analysis at half-time against the Bombers last week as Kingy explained the Ring of Fire and the Geelong Freeway.

tumblr_mm681qNocA1qfrw7to1_400.gif

:D

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...football-forever/story-fni5ezm8-1226645548410

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...it-is-the-latter/story-fni5f0g9-1226645556858

Read both the above articles this morning in the Herald-Sun by both King and Roos. Nice to see King has finally picked up on the game plan we started using last year, and even more pleasing to hear that Paul Roos has finally figured out what we realised back in 2007 - namely we're not a quick side by foot, but only look quick due to our slick ball movement.

What geniuses!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...football-forever/story-fni5ezm8-1226645548410

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...it-is-the-latter/story-fni5f0g9-1226645556858

Read both the above articles this morning in the Herald-Sun by both King and Roos. Nice to see King has finally picked up on the game plan we started using last year, and even more pleasing to hear that Paul Roos has finally figured out what we realised back in 2007 - namely we're not a quick side by foot, but only look quick due to our slick ball movement.

What geniuses!
What a revelation from King.:rolleyes: The fact that Chris has been telling us of the importance of the second phase of play all year and stats have illustrated for yonks how central turnovers are to scoring opportunities has clearly eluded the great football mind of this failed coach. What a klutz!

Well duh King. Cats were doing a bare bones version all of last year and it would have worked except for a few missing pieces, pieces that have since been filled.

This isnt revolutionary like he claims, its simply a team playing to its strengths (putting HUGE pressure on the ball carrier, intercepting ball movement, using perfect turnover disposal and using high efficiency to then hit the scoreboard) vs other teams weaknesses (turning the ball over under pressure is and always will be the biggest weakness for almost every team).

North showed how to win against us, use pin point disposals and marking to ensure you dont turn the ball over, the problem is of course its extremely hard to do over the entire game and the Cats are so good that they will eventually find a way to break that down, the only way to genuinely beat the Cats at their best this year would be to out coach them (both in the box and out on the ground) and to preempt every move the players make. How many sides can do that?

quick edit: This is why I'm tipping a large margin tonight, the pies this year have been woeful at turning the ball over against sides that arent comparable to the Cats for pressure, it could be a reverse of the 2010 prelim except unlike the pies we wont let them back in at the end of the game, we could strangle the life out of them and set up the game to a point where the pies are completely unorganised and have no idea what to do and no systems to work towards.

King's "analysis" isn't worth a pinch of s**t. So let's all laugh at this fool, who believes he was such a champion. Sorry mate, Carey, while a piece of s**t human being IMHO, had almost super-like powers on the footy field. King was just a thug. And here it is yet again, the extent of his "quality" at analysis:

Super lol, what a muppet...!

There's no secret to counteracting our gameplan. We have a high-possession gameplan, prey on turnovers, and rely more on using the corridor than we ever have.

The high-possession part can be beaten by tackling heavily and applying lots of pressure to our ball carriers and around contests/stoppages. Use the ball effectively, hit targets, and find good options and you can minimise the turnovers for us to prey on. Corridor use can be beaten by applying hard tags (especially to Motlop), getting numbers back in D50, and applying lots of pressure.

North's first half was the blueprint of how to beat us. Thing is, no sides have able to sustain that and have been hurt by 10-20 min lapses where we capitalise and kick 3-4 goals to open up a sizeable lead. This tends to happen a lot in 3rd quarters where we open up games.

David King's 'analysis' should be taken with a grain of salt.

If true the 2008 flag should have been ours as well? Instead he allowed unfit players to play.
It should have been but for an off day. Everyone has them, we picked a terrible day for it.

Personally, I don't agree with the notion that you should never pick unfit players for a Grand Final. For every Stokes in 2008 or Hird in 2001, there's also a Stevie J from 2011 or a Nigel Lappin from 2003. It's always a risk, sure, but sometimes it does come off.

Personally, I don't agree with the notion that you should never pick unfit players for a Grand Final. For every Stokes in 2008 or Hird in 2001, there's also a Stevie J from 2011 or a Nigel Lappin from 2003. It's always a risk, sure, but sometimes it does come off.

F*cking A:thumbsu: It's ALWAYS a game of dice, isn't it? Some days you'll see sixes all the way while on others you'll have nothing but bastard snake eyes watching you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Leigh Matthews has said you can carry one injured player into a GF, maybe 2 but no more than that

Problem with 2008 was that Stokes, Varcoe, Chapman and another player (Kelly?) were all injured. It was negligent of Thompson and the match committee to take that many injuries into the match with a fit Wojo on the sidelines

I think Leigh Matthews has said you can carry one injured player into a GF, maybe 2 but no more than that

Problem with 2008 was that Stokes, Varcoe, Chapman and another player (Kelly?) were all injured. It was negligent of Thompson and the match committee to take that many injuries into the match with a fit Wojo on the sidelines
Kelly had second up blues if I recall, similar to SJ in 2009.

Question, does King actually call games for fox footy?
I dont have it, but as far as I can tell he just does shows from the fox footy studios & watches the same game we all do on TV.

If thats the case, how can he purport to know how our gameplan works without being at the ground & seeing the full picture of player movement & positioning?!
I think clubs will stick to their opposition analysts who actually attend games!!!

I'm sure if David King has figured out our game plan, than 17 other coaching departments have worked it out too.
Post bump!

No truer word has been spoken.

Fox Footy should sack him straight away......just for being an annoying campaigner

his beady little black eyes give me the shits. The fake laugh whenever he gets flustered by panel members and the excessive amount of arm hair, not to mention the bloody fluff growing on those fingers of his!

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back