Bumped David King analysing the Geelong game plan

Remove this Banner Ad

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
This is a bit of a joke thread so just chill....

But David King is determined to expose our game plan to enth degree on foxfooty lately. First he gave away how we work the stoppages, then he waxed lyrical about the Geelong Freeway and how we move it down the corridor in attack. Now he claims he is about to expose something the Cats are doing that has changed the course of the game for 2013. Something that puts us in front of every other team.

David..... please..... STFU!

;)

But David King is determined to expose our game plan to enth degree on foxfooty lately. First he gave away how we work the stoppages, then he waxed lyrical about the Geelong Freeway and how we move it down the corridor in attack. Now he claims he is about to expose something the Cats are doing that has changed the course of the game for 2013. Something that puts us in front of every other team.

;)

Will take teams one preseason to adjust - if there is any secret about to be revealed.

Kings past form on all things Geelong suggests he will be having a wild stab or two and getting it wrong..

Will take teams one preseason to adjust - if there is any secret about to be revealed.

Kings past form on all things Geelong suggests he will be having a wild stab or two and getting it wrong..

please, the guys a washed up rejected richmond assistant coach

he started doing a great big giant analysis about our apparent " tactic" around the stoppages, and all it was, just geelong players, typically about 3-4 staying on the outside of the contest and not being sucked in, waiting for handballs on the outside to begin run

my gosh!!!!! sound the alarms AFL, geelong has done something no other team has tried around stoppages, we had outside midfielders!!!!!

david king is just a genious

the collingwood coaches would have just been analysing for the past 7 weeks leading up to this game, how do we stop geelong having an outside midfielder?

how does rodney eade not laugh when he sees the simpleton things david king puts up and tries to make sound interesting and complex?

If any clubs need King to analyze Geelong's tactics for them, then they are a joke anyway.

In other words, I am sure every club has better brains than King's on the job.

when i was younger, our school went to visit the lexus centre, we sat down in a confrence room and brad scott at the time and a couple of assistants talked to us about how they operate

he said that they have full time strategic coaches who begin to analyse each club roughly a month before they play that team, and we are talking full time staff who work 40-50 hour weeks

so if you think the simpleton footage david king shows is something actual intellectual football minds that are considered good enough to be coaches working their 50 hour a week jobs, cant seem to figure out

well then i honestly hope davis is pointing out things they dont know, because then teams are stuffed!!!!!!

If any clubs need King to analyze Geelong's tactics for them, then they are a joke anyway. In other words, I am sure every club has better brains than King's on the job.
Yeah you beat me to it. If Kingspud is better than all the other Clubs' analysts I give up for good. Funny though us on Cats BF picked 12 months ago something developing was afoot with clearances and turnovers. If the rest can catch us they will, if not hang on for the ride. CS kudos.

;)
Funny how the two people who spent five years demolishing a football club have now become the most insightful football minds around.:rolleyes:

spot on, once the season begins, its way too late to be trying to tinker with game plans and tactical changes

teams engrave the way they want over a whole six month off season to their players, it takes a lot of learning and processing to get it all AFL ready

geelong and other clubs last year would have been very aware of what sydney and hawthorn were doing, its just too late to change

chris scott and the geelong coaching staff would have already been planning and begining to put down on paper what they wanted to do in 2013 before they even played fremantle in the final

I should remind you my OP was purely tongue in cheek so before you get all self important with your: if clubs don't know this already then blah blah..... or David King is a failed assistant coach so what would he know.... then just remember the sarcasm with which my original post is laced with from top to bottom. :rolleyes: :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you beat me to it. If Kingspud is better than all the other Clubs' analysts I give up for good. Funny though us on Cats BF picked 12 months ago something developing was afoot with clearances and turnovers. If the rest can catch us they will, if not hang on for the ride. CS kudos.
The ole "hang back then attack". It was borderline hair pulling stuff last year. Its obvious in hindsight now that it was deliberate tactful coaching geared towards development and implementation of this seasons style. Well parts of it.

Funny how the holes of last year have shrunk thanks to better decision making by young players who got a taste and hell of a lot of great coaching to go with their limited experience.

Its almost like some of these media heads didnt realise how great this club really is and are now fapping themselves over the hoops.

I should remind you my OP was purely tongue in cheek so before you get all self important with your: if clubs don't know this already then blah blah..... or David King is a failed assistant coach so what would he know.... then just remember the sarcasm with which my original post is laced with from top to bottom. :rolleyes: :D
Yeah got it.:D I think most of us just jumped on the chance to bag that turd King. He has a reasonably high opinion of himself, and that view is not shared by me. To be fair a decent player, but a flog nonetheless.

Its almost like some of these media heads didnt realise how great this club really is and are now fapping themselves over the hoops.
Very noticeable they are all playing catch up (ie I told you so, even if I didn't). Just more media following each other and hyping what should not be hyped. It has been patently obvious to us and balanced observers that this is one outstanding outfit from top to bottom. [BTW this coming from someone who has had a serious run in with the club a few years ago. Respect is deserved.] in a way it is gratifying to see the respect we supporters have craved being dished out bigtime to the boys now and over the last 6 years. I will resist the urge to say "Wowee", but maybe it is appropriate.

Sorry CF. King is just one of those 'experts' who gets up my nose. It's a reflex reaction.:)

I can't get over how they're creaming their pants over us at the moment. Even Dunstall is doing it and that really annoys me. I agree that some of the things the Cats are doing is hardly revolutionary to football. That's why makes it so funny to watch them act like they just found the holy grail. :D

Just watch their jaws drop even further when more kids climb out of the VFL and show they have got IT. A good game plan is nothing without talent including depth of talent for when the injuries hit.

We don't have a stand alone VFL team for nothing. Our kids practise the game plan week in week out under match conditions.

I think it was Mark Maclure said that in 2011 we changed our major "tactic" three times during the year.

What you guys need to remember/realise is the "analysis" from guys like king aren't for the clubs, it's for the general football public so they can sit there and listen and say "oh right THAT'S how the Cats beat us!".
Also just because clubs know how we play doesn't mean they can beat us, everyone knew how we played 2007-2009 yet no1 could stop us unless by our own fault.
Same again this year.
Pressure ball carrier, cause turn over, use run and carry and pin point usage to get the ball inside 50, kick goals.
Pretty simple.

I think it was Mark Maclure said that in 2011 we changed our major "tactic" three times during the year.

I would think we changed our tactics at least 50 times in 2011, so he's probably out by a factor of more than 1500%.
Perhaps he just doesn't know the difference between strategy and tactics.

What you guys need to remember/realise is the "analysis" from guys like king aren't for the clubs, it's for the general football public so they can sit there and listen and say "oh right THAT'S how the Cats beat us!".

and it would be fair to say Scott along with all the coaches in the comp are always 1-2 steps ahead of anything the media pick on anyways so while King has brought it under scrutiny, Geelong hierarchy would have been well aware that teams will try and copy in some form or another and would have made changes weeks ago now.

It's good to try and shut down quality teams but fortunately for us, if you haven't got the cattle on the park, it's a lost cause in the end as we have already seen from North Melbourne and Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back