Analysis Current Streaks - Us vs Rest of the Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it would be an interesting exercise to keep a track of what current streaks we are on with the rest of the comp!

The winning streaks:

North Melbourne - 1W :)
Carlton - 3W
Brisbane – 4W
Gold Coast – 6W
Essendon -2W
Western Bulldogs – 3W
West Coast – 2W
GWS – 1W
Geelong – 1W
Adelaide – 2W
Freo – 1W

The losing streaks:

Sydney – 7L
Richmond - 2L
Hawthorn – 2L
Collingwood – 2L
St Kilda – 1L
Port Adelaide – 1L

Discuss, which losing streaks do you most want to end and which win streaks give you greatest satisfaction?

Obviously, there are there glaringly obvious ones there!

Last edited:
I can't handle the St Kilda streak against us. The worst and most embarrassing meltdowns I have ever had involve St Kilda. I close my eyes driving through St Kilda. I don't like spiders because I have always suspected that all 8 legs support St Kilda.

would love to see the Hawthorn streak continue for a few more that's for sure.

I think we are better placed to break the Nth Melb hoodoo. Sainters may be more difficult as they seem to be on a similar improvement trajectory to us.

Oh so close to breaking the West Coast one last year! But Im more optimistic about beating Norf and the saints year. Would be oh so nice to play WC at the G next year and give them an absolute belting to break that streak.

Very confident the Norf one will finally come to an end.
Mildly confident will break the St Kilda streak.
Wouldn't be surprised if we can end the West Coast one as well.

I think we'll continue the Collingwood and Richmond ones on, however we're nigh on no chance of extending that GWS streak!

Oh so close to breaking the West Coast one last year! But Im more optimistic about beating Norf and the saints year. Would be oh so nice to play WC at the G next year and give them an absolute belting to break that streak.
And the North one. And the St K should have been broken in 2015

Does 1 win against a team really constitute a streak?

I guess I'll take it

Streaks of 1 "wins" deffo exist

Streaks of "losses" only really count after say.... 10?

I guess I'll take it

hahaha when you look on NBA standings they sometimes have a streak column.. and they count 1 as a streak!

Should end the North streak this year, especially because we're playing them twice. St Kilda not as confident considering we've followed a similar trajectory as them for the past few years and we still haven't been able to beat them. I think we'll both make the top 8 this year but would have the Saints slightly ahead of us. Think we're still a solid chance of ending that streak and round 1 would almost be the best time to play them I reckon.

I guess I'll take it

PS.. I hope to keep updating this thread so the W1 will all soon be W2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beating big Victorian clubs in front of 40 to 60k still is the best so the pies and tigers ones are the most satisfying

Would love to be beat the saints just like everyone else

Essendon would be nice too then!

How happy it makes me to see the Richmond and Collingwood streaks.

Would nice to be a weird bogey team for GWS a while longer.

Hypothetical, if you could keep the streak going against gws for the next 5 years but that ment the same for the saints one would you do it

4 pre season games in a row, undefeated since 2015 :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back