Cripps or Oliver.

Who is the better player

• P. Cripps

Votes: 329 55.8%
  • C. Oliver

Votes: 261 44.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ I just saw Clarry's stats for the night on Fox Footy... Just proves he's an empty stat gathering king. He was utterly putrid tonight, genuine liability out there.
Yeah, barely noticed him tbh. Not his best game but still pretty okay to get 30 touches in a return game.

Christ I just saw Clarry's stats for the night on Fox Footy... Just proves he's an empty stat gathering king. He was utterly putrid tonight, genuine liability out there.
haha, you posted and then you realised 'dayuum'. Once again, proves just how consistent this freak is. Named in the dees best players, despite literally scraping himself off the couch after allegedly doing God knows what for 6 months. Comes out with close to 30 touches. What a ledge! just puts to shame the amount of pitiful excuses blues fans put up Cripps' poor games when Oliver literally get 29 and 6 clearances with no pre-season and half a pack of Pringles hanging out of his chest hair. :)

haha, you posted and then you realised 'dayuum'. Once again, proves just how consistent this freak is. Named in the dees best players, despite literally scraping himself off the couch after allegedly doing God knows what for 6 months. Comes out with close to 30 touches. What a ledge! just puts to shame the amount of pitiful excuses blues fans put up Cripps' poor games when Oliver literally get 29 and 6 clearances with no pre-season and half a pack of Pringles hanging out of his chest hair. :)
Let’s ignore the touches for a minute, you could barely see the impact. Good game but let’s stop putting down Cripps for a second, give it a rest considering most people in the afl and in this poll rate both players

That was easily the worst game of football Ive seen from him in years. Couldn't hit the side of a barn by foot and was gassed after about 3 minutes.

If Goodwin or anyone else reckons he was in the Dees best it's because the rest of the team was awful.

Empty stats last night were Jack Macrae-esque who's been racking up invisible numbers for a decade.

That was easily the worst game of football Ive seen from him in years. Couldn't hit the side of a barn by foot and was gassed after about 3 minutes.

If Goodwin or anyone else reckons he was in the Dees best it's because the rest of the team was awful.

Empty stats last night were Jack Macrae-esque who's been racking up invisible numbers for a decade.
What did you honestly expect from Oliver? Do you really think Oliver is going to be at his best with 0 pre-season and being aboutv5kg overweight? Like why are you even judging him based off his pre-season? I didn't expect Oliver to be back playing until after the Bye. he's literally done no pre-season lol.

Cripps had about 10 games last season that were worse than Oliver's last night.

Invisible stats where the coaches voted him the best player in the land 2 years in a row. Seems like he was pretty visible to them :) How many times has Cripps done that? that's right, 0 😀

What did you honestly expect from Oliver? Do you really think Oliver is going to be at his best with 0 pre-season and being aboutv5kg overweight? Like why are you even judging him based off his pre-season? I didn't expect Oliver to be back playing until after the Bye. he's literally done no pre-season lol.

Cripps had about 10 games last season that were worse than Oliver's last night.

Invisible stats where the coaches voted him the best player in the land 2 years in a row. Seems like he was pretty visible to them :) How many times has Cripps done that? that's right, 0 😀
So Oliver running around like an overweight s**t truck is what we can expect from him this season? Sounds like a truly great player.

So Oliver running around like an overweight s**t truck is what we can expect from him this season? Sounds like a truly great player.
err yes. have you been living under a rock? what are you talking about? Cripps was a plodder for 5 years with his injury excuses. So why can't Oliver have his? Double standards. Remarkable that Oliver is even out there. But you're never recovering from your 'invisible stats' comment. Extremely ignorant comment.

err yes. have you been living under a rock? what are you talking about? Cripps was a plodder for 5 years with his injury excuses. So why can't Oliver have his? Double standards. Remarkable that Oliver is even out there. But you're never recovering from your 'invisible stats' comment. Extremely ignorant comment.
Cripps had a broken back.

Clayton has a deteriorating nasal septum.

Running around and racking up 30 touches while so clearly unfit shows how smart a player he is to know when and where to position himself. But anyone who watched would seen it pretty clearly they were empty disposals or worse a lot of the time (although lot of players had terrible skills in the conditions so he wasnt alone).

Either way if Oliver gets fit and focused again he definitely can be one of the best mids in the comp. At the moment he is still a fair way off it.

Oliver is fat and was useless last night. Understandable, but it is what it is.

Oliver is a gun, no doubt however last night (in my opinion) he should not have played. Didn't look fit nor sharp. He got some touches but was not damaging. Considering his Summer and pre season I'm puzzled why Goodwin and co selected him. Let him get up to scratch, to the fitness he needs so he can be his best.

WalshistheGOAT Talk about nothing disposals! 1 round down, Oliver gets the chocolates. Cripps 23 touches (mostly handballs) and only 2 tackles and 2 clearances, and 1 goal. He tried hard but no. He was serviceable. Oliver just rolls out of bed and outperforms him.
😂😂😂 Cripps was absolutely massive when we turned that game, while copping attention from Dunkley and Lyon most of the game. Probably get coaches votes from it too.

Oliver was streaming out of stoppages and kicking the thing to East Timor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

😂😂😂 Cripps was absolutely massive when we turned that game, while copping attention from Dunkley and Lyon most of the game. Probably get coaches votes from it too.

Oliver was streaming out of stoppages and kicking the thing to East Timor
The East Timor comment was pretty funny but cmon, Cripps wasn't exactly Matt Suckling. And if anyone was Macrae it was Cripps. Handballs galore. He never copped attention from Dunkley or Lyon. Just because they are next to them doesn't mean they are being tagged. How do you get 15 handballs and only 2 clearances whilst playing the inside midfield role...and only 2 tackles. that's macrae.

The East Timor comment was pretty funny but cmon, Cripps wasn't exactly Matt Suckling. And if anyone was Macrae it was Cripps. Handballs galore. He never copped attention from Dunkley or Lyon. Just because they are next to them doesn't mean they are being tagged. How do you get 15 handballs and only 2 clearances whilst playing the inside midfield role...and only 2 tackles. that's macrae.
Bruh Dunkley literally has a podcast each week and he said he'll be on Cripps this week... I'll take his word over urs

We just watched the game. Why need to refer to a podcast. And considering Lyons and Dunkley were amongst the Lions best, it doesn't bode well either way.
You saying Cripps wasn't in Carltons best tonight? I'd have him as our 3rd best behind Curnow and McKay. Maybe tied with Hewett

Can almost guarantee Cripps will be up there with the coaches votes. Actually played a fair bit forward against the Lions too and was massive to turn the game late.

Both decent games by Cripps and Oliver, however I reckon Cripps will get the coaches votes over Oliver this round (if we’re going off Danny’s metric).

I’m kind of over this nonsensical bagging of each player; think it’s just time to acknowledge when each have good games even if the stats are different.

He was meh at best. Didn't get coaches votes either

I do love the way you defend Cripps even when he is ordinary (which has been a lot over the last 4years to be fair)

Can almost guarantee Cripps will be up there with the coaches votes. Actually played a fair bit forward against the Lions too and was massive to turn the game late.

Both decent games by Cripps and Oliver, however I reckon Cripps will get the coaches votes over Oliver this round (if we’re going off Danny’s metric).

I’m kind of over this nonsensical bagging of each player; think it’s just time to acknowledge when each have good games even if the stats are different.
Just goes to show you that even when Cripps has poor games, Carlton fans try to find a way think that he is in the coaches votes.

If/When Oliver beats Cripps in the coaches votes despite having 0 pre-season and rolling off the coach overweight and unfit it will just be a massive lol. Cripps isn't a top 50 player in the league anymore.

Just goes to show you that even when Cripps has poor games, Carlton fans try to find a way think that he is in the coaches votes.

If/When Oliver beats Cripps in the coaches votes despite having 0 pre-season and rolling off the coach overweight and unfit it will just be a massive lol. Cripps isn't a top 50 player in the league anymore.
Still being a toxic wank I see. As I said in the post above, can we just stop bagging both players. I can’t predict coaches votes either champ but from the eye test (not looking at stats) Cripps had a massive role in turning the game.

Oliver was good too considering it was his first game back. No dig on his game.

Also looks like by the pity preaching that Oliver is unfit blah blah, you’re loading up a back up plan excuse incase Cripps does finish higher in the coaches award. Can’t wait to go back to these last few posts by you if that does indeed happen.

Also don’t know if you realise how football clubs work, by reading your posts you haven’t got a clue. If he wasn’t even close to the mark being fit, Melbourne wouldn’t play him. Pretty simple reasoning. He may not be at full fitness yet but he’s around the 70-80% mark if Melbournes fitness staff believe he can contribute to an AFL standard. High end performance sports don’t play players on gut feeling or reputation. They play them if there fitness levels are adequate and a mix of other factors.

Also looks like by the pity preaching that Oliver is unfit blah blah, you’re loading up a back up plan excuse incase Cripps does finish higher in the coaches award. Can’t wait to go back to these last few posts by you if that does indeed happen.

Also don’t know if you realise how football clubs work, by reading your posts you haven’t got a clue. If he wasn’t even close to the mark being fit, Melbourne wouldn’t play him. Pretty simple reasoning. He may not be at full fitness yet but he’s around the 70-80% mark if Melbournes fitness staff believe he can contribute to an AFL standard. High end performance sports don’t play players on gut feeling or reputation. They play them if there fitness levels are adequate and a mix of other factors.
Honestly, I generally agree with you for the majority of players but not for the elite ones. They play by different rules.

It's not a backup plan..it's reality and the only way Cripps can beat Oliver in the award. If he's ever to do it, this is the season. For years we've heard Carlton fans' pitiful excuses for Cripps' poor form. Ranging from bad shoulders, to a bad back, to having to attend 3 ruck contests a game, to copping tags, the list goes on. So when Oliver has 6 months of no pre-season, doing God knows what, and being grossly out of shape physically and mentally then hell yeah it's going to be a factor. Oliver is not 70-80% fit. Probably 20% fit. He's literally got 5-6kg of extra fat hanging off him. Visually that's obvious just by looking at him, can't you tell he's fat? The reality is a 20% Oliver is better than our depth players.

Back