Who is the better player

• P. Cripps

Votes: 329 55.8%
  • C. Oliver

Votes: 261 44.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A very fair post.

However the rules of the thread state we will judge each player on a week to week basis and injuries aren’t an excuse for poor performance. If you’re out there you’re fit.

As of now Oliver is s**t.
Weird rules. That means Cripps has been s**t a bunch of times during this thread.
Seems strangely harsh to two of the best performed players of the last decade.
I’m sure neither teams supporters would prefer to have had the other player, so that’s pretty much it. Who really cares if others see it defferently to you.
Play on…

Weird rules. That means Cripps has been s**t a bunch of times during this thread.
Seems strangely harsh to two of the best performed players of the last decade.
I’m sure neither teams supporters would prefer to have had the other player, so that’s pretty much it. Who really cares if others see it defferently to you.
Play on…
I believe its a dig at Melbourne supporters in this thread when Cripps was playing with a fractured back in 2021 and was copping it left right and centre from Clarry fans.

Nah. I'd get if you said it was even, but all the stats are in Olivers favour (Aside from intercepts and turnovers) with less TOG for Clarry as well.
Don’t know what stats you’re looking at to be fair, also like how Danny has returned from his hiatus and liked your comment.

Cripps leads in DE%. Cripps 75% to Oliver 61%. Cripps 19 Effective disposals compared to 15. Cripps leads ground balls, tackles, contested possessions, goals, tackles and pressure acts.

Credit to Oliver for what he’s doing, I’m not commenting to have dig at him but not a very good analysis by you. Let’s also mention Cripps is playing a role now where he doesn’t even necessarily follow where the ruck contests are across the ground, rather he plays in the forward line for large stints of the game when Mckay is playing second ruck and TDK is on the bench. Makes sense considering Cripps is legit a key forward height and worked on his set shot and field kicking.

Don’t know what stats you’re looking at to be fair, also like how Danny has returned from his hiatus and liked your comment.

Cripps leads in DE%. Cripps 75% to Oliver 61%. Cripps 19 Effective disposals compared to 15. Cripps leads ground balls, tackles, contested possessions, goals, tackles and pressure acts.

Credit to Oliver for what he’s doing, I’m not commenting to have dig at him but not a very good analysis by you. Let’s also mention Cripps is playing a role now where he doesn’t even necessarily follow where the ruck contests are across the ground, rather he plays in the forward line for large stints of the game when Mckay is playing second ruck and TDK is on the bench. Makes sense considering Cripps is legit a key forward height and worked on his set shot and field kicking.

Took my stats from footywire in a direct comparison. Oliver had a s**t game on the weekend hence his stats dropping a bit this week.

Cripps played well tonight. Not going to judge Oliver after a broken hand and no pre-season though. We gave Cripps 4 years of excuses for being bad. So only fair we give Oliver half a season. He's playing pretty well considering his off-season and hand.

Cripps played well tonight. Not going to judge Oliver after a broken hand and no pre-season though. We gave Cripps 4 years of excuses for being bad. So only fair we give Oliver half a season. He's playing pretty well considering his off-season and hand.

Is it not concerning that his performance has dropped as he has pulled his off field “habits” into line?

Is it not concerning that his performance has dropped as he has pulled his off field “habits” into line?
he was playing pretty well until he broke his hand and I think even the coach and general commentary has been that he really shouldn't have been playing with that hand. And you know it's a legit injury because he was wearing a plate and had surgery as soon as we had the bye. And the afl commentators mentioned how swollen it was when they saw it up close.

He's also still grossly overweight. I've said in numerous threads pre-season that I didn't expect him back until mid-season so anything before then is a bonus.

Oh Danny. I predicted this at the start of the season. You’d be piling on the excuses for Oliver when it came to crunch time moments. “Excuses for 4 years”. Firstly champ, he was pretty average for about two, then proceeded to win a Brownlow. If you also want to go by your coaches votes metric, he’s leading that too but this is where you give me the Oliver sob story. Please head back to the Melbourne forums to proceed to piss off your own supporter base. Cripps is a champion, far more superior than Oliver. Debate over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it somehow Cripps' fault Clarry is a fat drug addict?

Clarry is miles away from the player he once. Hopefully he can get back to that one day but he's a shell of himself ATM.

Is it somehow Cripps' fault Clarry is a fat drug addict?

Clarry is miles away from the player he once. Hopefully he can get back to that one day but he's a shell of himself ATM.
is it Oliver's fault Cripps had to attend 3 ruck contests for 5 games last year? or had 'injuries' for 3 years. Cripps hasn't reached the heights of Oliver.

is it Oliver's fault Cripps had to attend 3 ruck contests for 5 games last year? or had 'injuries' for 3 years. Cripps hasn't reached the heights of Oliver.
Cripps had a fractured back lmao. Clarry is off with the pixies eating dunkin donuts covered in powdered white icing.

I'll take the club captain putting together another fantastic season in 2024 over the chubby ball butcher who looks completely disinterested out there most games.

Back