Remove this Banner Ad

Shooter#17

Team Captain
May 9, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees, KC Chiefs
Similar players, both young contested bulls who look destined to become elites of the competition.
Who would you take now and who will end up with the better career?

Both going to be fantastic players but if I could bring one of them to the Lions I'd go for Clayton Oliver, IMO he's got quicker and more reliable disposal by hand in close, he has such great vision when surrounded in a contest.

Oliver for me, his hands and awareness in close is as good as I have ever seen

Cripps.
195cm, 95kg and the best contested player in the comp at 23. Looks like he has more leadership qualities too, but that's just a vibe thing, i really have no idea.

You wouldn't be unhappy with Oliver though.

Cripps because as far as inside work goes (which is what makes both of these players) Cripps is the better extractor, slightly more dominant inside.

Probably higher ceiling as well in terms of what he can do, although injury prone.

He's not that far in front though.

Also Cripps is inherently likeable and Oliver is inherently unlikable but that is probably because he has red hair.

You would be happy with either and stoked with both, so send Oliver down to us so we can compare both in the same side.

My extremely biased opinion is Oliver due to being more damaging by hand and feet and also much more leg speed.
Cripps seems to be the better contested mark of the 2 and if he could sort out his kicking could be damaging going forward.

Interesting to see this today, safe to say these 2 are in some pretty decent company.

Attachments

• BF03DFC9-4A36-4B97-B1C9-2A8CD3126957.jpeg
    BF03DFC9-4A36-4B97-B1C9-2A8CD3126957.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 153
Both very good footballers, with improvements needed (disposal by foot), but Cripps for mine. Cripps has the higher ceiling.

Cripps is already starting to push forward and take contested marks, if/when Carlton have more options running through the midfield it's not unreasonable to think Cripps could become one of the most damaging players in the game.

The ability to play forward and midfield is what separates Danger, Martin and Fyfe from Tom Mitchell, Matthew Crouch and Joel Selwood.

Both very good footballers, with improvements needed (disposal by foot), but Cripps for mine. Cripps has the higher ceiling.

Cripps is already starting to push forward and take contested marks, if/when Carlton have more options running through the midfield it's not unreasonable to think Cripps could become one of the most damaging players in the game.

The ability to play forward and midfield is what separates Danger, Martin and Fyfe from Tom Mitchell, Matthew Crouch and Joel Selwood.

Rayner seems like that sort of player - a mid field beast & a dangerous forward. Will be something in a few years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver.

The only reasons that people could go the other way would be because

a. Oliver is a ginger
b. Carlton are poo and therefore Cripps sticks out more
c. Carlton being on primetime has pushed him into peoples minds more

Oliver.

The only reasons that people could go the other way would be because

a. Oliver is a ginger
b. Carlton are poo and therefore Cripps sticks out more
c. Carlton being on primetime has pushed him into peoples minds more
d. Is a better player
e. Is better looking
f. Has more talent.
g. Is a better leader
h. Cripps is a better bloke
i. Cripps is better inside
j. Cripps is a better mark
k. Cripps has more impact on games
ect...
Yeah any of the above reason would justify Cripps > Oliver

Great poll, both great young players and stars of the game already. Would take Cripps bc of his size, not sure what goalkicking stats are but from what ive seen he does look more dangerous fwd with his ability to take big marks

Back