Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :( Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So you’re telling me the coal power vs green power fight has left the parliaments of Australia and spilled into the streets?
Looks like wind power strikes the first blow…
No idea what I meant in that post - it was a sort of whole language / stream of consciousness rant really.

So you’re telling me the coal power vs green power fight has left the parliaments of Australia and spilled into the streets?
Looks like wind power strikes the first blow…
Wordle 971 4/6

🟩⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

All hope officially lost

IMG_20240216_090402318.jpg

Plus didn't get Wordle - a bad morning... 🙁

C’mon…you’ve been outside dancing with the swifties for 3 hours!
Where's Jmac?

taylor swift swifties GIF by mtv

Are you flirting with the bin lady by letting your robe open ever so accidentally?
She is often to be seen in her dressing gown opening people’s bins to see what they are up to. She doesn’t bother with mine as she knows there are only empty cans inside.

She is often to be seen in her dressing gown opening people’s bins to see what they are up to. She doesn’t bother with mine as she knows there are only empty cans inside.
I'm here for you Jmac - you've always known that

Screenshot_20240218-161207~2.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm here for you Jmac - you've always known that

View attachment 1908045
There is a young lady who lives at the end of the street. I suspect she’s had a working class upbringing.

One day, she was walking past my place, puffing furiously on a f**. She looked across the road and saw bin lady in her dressing gown.

Without breaking stride, she screamed, “go to ******* bed!”

Then laughed hysterically.

Bin lady did not reply.

There is a young lady who lives at the end of the street. I suspect she’s had a working class upbringing.

One day, she was walking past my place, puffing furiously on a f**. She looked across the road and saw bin lady in her dressing gown.

Without breaking stride, she screamed, “go to ******* bed!”

Then laughed hysterically.

Bin lady did not reply.
Class, pure class 🤣

On the mend - breakfast helped. 🤣.

View attachment 1902143
I spent a couple weeks in the Alfred last year. Can confirm. A box of Corn Flakes for brekky is about the only thing on the entire daily menu that was hard to bugger up

I spent a couple weeks in the Alfred last year. Can confirm. A box of Corn Flakes for brekky is about the only thing on the entire daily menu that was hard to bugger up
He was in a private hospital not the Alfred. I am just surprised he was not offered a red or white with a meal, but you can be assured the food would be better than the meals dished up in the public system.

Last edited:
He was in a private hospital not the Alfred. I am just surprised he was not a red or white with a meal, but you can be assured the food would be better than the meals dished up in the public system.
I'm sure your right about the meals. Once I was able to get down there, mine all came from the Cafe. Can't complain about the care though. Top notch

I'm sure your right about the meals. Once I was able to get down there, mine all came from the Cafe. Can't complain about the care though. Top notch
The food in the Alfred cafeteria is varied and decent. Obviously the same caterers don't supply the food sent to the wards. I was in there last year for a hernia operation and had an overnight stay. I must have been in a new part of the hospital because the ward was spacious and modern in appearance but I have visited people in there in cramped multi person rooms.

I never had an issue with the food at StVinnies, and the only issue I had with the two night stay last week at GV Health was the fact they gave me soup. As a left handed person who had his left shoulder immobilised, I thought trying to eat soup right handed may have lead to serious burns.
I'm puzzled to say the least when hospitals have hamburgers, chips and fatty lamb chops (noisette's 🤣) etc on the menu for the cardiac ward - plus their cafe sells potato cakes and dim sims.

.I commented on this on my post-stay survey last year (not recent visit) - don't think I'll hear back

I never had an issue with the food at StVinnies, and the only issue I had with the two night stay last week at GV Health was the fact they gave me soup. As a left handed person who had his left shoulder immobilised, I thought trying to eat soup right handed may have lead to serious burns.
I fractured 4 vertebrae in a car accident in my 20s and spent 6 weeks on my back and side on a hospital bed. Not able to sit up throughout that time, I was issued those accordion-like bendy thick straws through which to consume liquids - beverages, soups and beer (we were allowed 2 cans each, with another 4 smuggled in for me at night by the hospital orderly in the communal ice filled water jug. Hospitals were civilized enough in those days to disregard obvious health risks, and also for Mauvais Cheval's benefit, at times refreshingly unhygienic).

Drinking hot liquids through a straw not only risks collapsing the straw, but can be a shock to the system when a scalding hot liquid hits the inner mouth. Drinking beers through a straw is also not recommended. In terms of potency, one can through a straw is worth two via the usual inlet.

I sympathise with your plight, though you'd probably come across as an unpleasant sort of chap complaining to staff about being given too many courses. Nurses never view life the way you do as a patient.

Last edited:
Just got tooted very loudly, more than once, by a tosser in a black Porsche with heavily tinted windows outside Scotch College in Glenferrie Rd - further proof that Australia's school funding model is a disgrace.

I'm puzzled to say the least when hospitals have hamburgers, chips and fatty lamb chops (noisette's 🤣) etc on the menu for the cardiac ward - plus their cafe sells potato cakes and dim sims.

.I commented on this on my post-stay survey last year (not recent visit) - don't think I'll hear back

They're ensuring future business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back