Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess to compound our doubt, we’ve had a lot of our coaching staff out of the game for a decent amount of time (2-4 years) and some not around great standards either (patch and Emma perhaps). So you’re right, who is driving this and demanding standards?

I would hope Clarkson. He knows what it takes to build a team of young men and turn them into premiership players. Micks article only really singles out LDU, and tbh I was surprised at the subtle backhander with the “strong coach” line

So it seems the old "you play like you train" line is still 100% spotonski

When I played footy I did 2 things that caused me to go from solid local leaguer to a representative squad:

1. I went from going through the motions at training to doing every drill at 100%

2. Put a lot of work into building my tank

It's insane to me that some blokes in the AFL haven't worked out how to get the best out of themselves by focusing on these 2 areas, which are a matter of will and not skill. What's even crazier to me is that coaches are potentially watching this and not correcting it.

Then again, the coaches might be correcting it - I haven't been down for any trainings in recent times.

Last edited:
I haven't listened to any NM podcasts. Except for Bigfooty's own scottywiper many years ago - which was good. Oh and BF board effort which was also decent.

Can someone save me the effort (I'm very important and wealthy and don't have the time for such things) and summarise the offerings?
Ligma do the “besties” have a pod?

I haven't listened to any NM podcasts. Except for Bigfooty's own scottywiper many years ago - which was good. Oh and BF board effort which was also decent.

Can someone save me the effort (I'm very important and wealthy and don't have the time for such things) and summarise the offerings?
Hashtag Kangaroos - genuine and has players on from time to time. Not super polished and some of the regulars are more my taste (more inclined to be positive, more knowledgeable) than others, but they are all invested and I’ve enjoyed plenty of episodes. Also it equally covers the men’s and women’s teams which I value highly. Also often has Rick on, which is always worth a listen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put Dal Santo in there too

I reckon we train and work at the gym with the most pathetic intensity. It shows too.
heck you man. I watched clips of Tarryn Thomas hitting the Stairmaster with some song I've never heard of playing (to be fair I never moved past the Baroque period) and knew we are leave no stone unturned in the quest for glory. I then saw that Tarryn followed up his intense cardio session with a high protein meal (Zinger combo) to ensure his efforts were capitalised on.

If there's another club training harder out there, then they deserve their success.

Put Dal Santo in there too

I reckon we train and work at the gym with the most pathetic intensity. It shows too.
I could take or leave what players say after they switch teams. They're going to want to fluff their new fans as much as possible.

For me it's comparing the physique of our young players to those of I. E. Hawks or gws. There's a stark difference.

Very rarely do we seem to have a player in their first year or two that screams out AFL ready rig. Even sheezel whose had some of the better gains of our young players looks like a whippet up against some other players (he obviously outclasses them though), and I'd put him at the top of our kids regarding development on his own time.

Can’t read it…but if it’s about us relocating…how about this for an answer..
No
And
F*@&#&. Off
End response….
Sorry I am having computer issues and can't copy an paste the article and it didn't look like it was behind the paywall. It isn't about us relocating. He is actually talking about how an idea to help the club. giantroo Can you assist please?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back