Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking off players who played for us who we may not remember

Farren Ray

Played 1-2 games?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shaun Higgins and Jarrod Waite only decent players of about 100 tried players we have recruited.
This sort of reads as its Brads fault for delisting then topping up the list with another 10 try hards.
The saddest part of this is even next year, there is no big guys primed to be in the top picks only midfielders. huff.
God I'm over this compromised draft crap. Because we already would've had these guys developing the last few years.

Andrew Gaze was one of Australia's greatest ever basketballers. But he's ruined that legacy by demonstrating, on a weekly basis, that he is an absolute, total f***wit of the highest order.

And no, I don't watch that garbage show, it was on in the background after the Sydney game ended (until 5 minutes ago).

Andrew Gaze was one of Australia's greatest ever basketballers. But he's ruined that legacy by demonstrating, on a weekly basis, that he is an absolute, total f***wit of the highest order.

And no, I don't watch that garbage show, it was on in the background after the Sydney game ended (until 5 minutes ago).

What did he do?

Really good chronology of what happened.

For me the biggest problem was the overreaction at the end of 2020.

We'd been s**t and won 3, but been in it up to our necks in 6 or 7 others. It was only really when the hub totally blew up and Shaw's issues became more obvious that we started putting in the really meek performances.

There are blokes we could have kept which would have kept the list balance healthier and helped usher the kids in, so that we were at least competitive while down the bottom.

Williams, Brown, Pittard, Durdin and Murphy would've been better kept on IMO than what we brought in. They were capable of solid football at least, and would've made Higgins, Ziebell, Goldy, Cunners, Tarrants' last few years more bearable. It may have been the difference between the shambles we have now and a rebuild in which we at least had a hope of competing against most teams.

No one can argue that keeping those blokes would've harmed the development of youngsters in their positions considering we've barely filled said positions.
Finally someone agrees Durdin should have been kept on! Vindication!!! Lol
No world beater but he's better than what we've replaced him with (aside from Logue). He was also versatile and a neat kick.

What did he do?

I didn’t watch it but it would be something like “chiefffff Chieff, We are terrible, but at least not as terrible as that team we beat last week, they are s**t Chief, nah Chief, they should relocate chief”

Duckie isn't far off it. He said Adelaide would be a good side if they played North each week, then some other snipe as he went through the ladder, at the same time pumping up Hawthorn (yes, it's his schtick, but that doesn't make it less annoying).

Anyway, it wasn't just tonight's stuff - I made the assessment based on years of Gaze being an absolute d!ckhead on the show (I watched it a bit when Danny Frawley was on it, and then less and less).

I didn’t watch it but it would be something like “chiefffff Chieff, We are terrible, but at least not as terrible as that team we beat last week, they are s**t Chief, nah Chief, they should relocate chief”

Ahh ok. What a f*cking chode. (he would be if he actually said that lol)

It's weird how 30 years ago supporters from every club would come together and support and defend struggling clubs and be outraged about what the then VFL was trying to do to proud historic clubs, angry at the greed and arrogance of the "proles will like what we tell them to like" attitude of the suits running the game, like when everybody rallied to save Footscray. Now without any prompting from a Ross Oakley-esque figurehead, and despite being in a good financial position, we cop "yous should faarkin relocate!" day in day out, and sometimes even from prominent talented sports figures, and Mason Cox, where the death of a 150 year old football club, and what that would do to a community of supporters, is treated as p*ss funny.

I tip my hat to you Ross Oakley, in the end you won mate ✌️

Last edited:
It feels a bit ridiculous to see those olds guys photos 8-10 years on, but that is the last time we were something resembling competitive.

If North ever had some kind of respect, it was along the lines of being dog-ed pricks, there were no easy games.

I'd love to get Carey back (the most arrogant prick of them all) just to re-teach the shinboner concept, but I doubt Clarko would have it.

You did watch it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels a bit ridiculous to see those olds guys photos 8-10 years on, but that is the last time we were something resembling competitive.

If North ever had some kind of respect, it was along the lines of being dog-ed pricks, there were no easy games.

I'd love to get Carey back (the most arrogant prick of them all) just to re-teach the shinboner concept, but I doubt Clarko would have it.

Get anyone from the 80s, 90s to come to the club and drill these princesses.

Educate the players about what it’s like to be a “shinboner” and what the club means to them, the league and its roots.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Duckie isn't far off it. He said Adelaide would be a good side if they played North each week, then some other snipe as he went through the ladder, at the same time pumping up Hawthorn (yes, it's his schtick, but that doesn't make it less annoying).

Anyway, it wasn't just tonight's stuff - I made the assessment based on years of Gaze being an absolute d!ckhead on the show (I watched it a bit when Danny Frawley was on it, and then less and less).

Ah haha, well thats bad, but not as bad as you might expect. That whole show is like 'live and kicking' but without the mercy kill of being axed. Don't understand why the shows on the old foxfooty 20 years ago were so much better, surely they have more dosh to hire better talent.

Ah haha, well thats bad, but not as bad as you might expect. That whole show is like 'live and kicking' but without the mercy kill of being axed. Don't understand why the shows on the old foxfooty 20 years ago were so much better, surely they have more dosh to hire better talent.
Everytime I see or hear Bernie Vince it makes me smile, brings back that memory of cunners giving him one in the breadbasket

Who cares. We are s**t and an embarrassment and deserve to be made fun of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back