List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 - Sidebottom retires
2025 - Pendles retires
2026 - Howe retires

That's how i would plan it out.
I’d be highly surprised if Howe gets to 2026.

And besides, what are we going to do, hold them hostage in the club? If any of them feel like hanging up the boots, we’ll let them. No doubt about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Oleg's gettable this year?
I was watching the West Coast game against Essendon and thought Jack Williams played pretty well

3.1 goals, 15 disposals 198cm Fwd/Ruck who is only 20yo

He keeps bobbing up for a goal, might be someone to keep an eye on. From Perth but West Coast have Oscar Allen, Waterman, Ryan Maric and Archer Reid.

No need for the hyperbole.

Dangerfield & P50 for P9, P28, & Dean Gore

Cameron, F2nd (P32), F2nd (P35) for P13, P15, P20, & F4th

Neither close to the Schultz trade.
Right now our F1st is P10. That plus P34 is pretty close to P9 and P28 for Dangerfield no? (Gore and P50 would cancel out). Schultz should be valued no where near Dangerfield. And sure by the end of the season we could finish with a higher pick. But also there's a clear risk of that being an even lower pick.

Similarly the points value of the Cameron trade based on those picks of a few late firsts netted by a few second rounders is pretty much the same value as the Schultz trade based on current positioning.

The point regardless was that Schultz should be valued no where near the likes of Cameron/Dangerfield yet Geelong didn't have to spend much more to acquire them.

I'm personally in the Howe moving on camp too, or at least being looked at in another role.

IMO he has lost that extra yard of pace that allows him to get to contests, and his aerial prowess I feel isn't quite where it was 12-18months ago. I'm a huge fan of Howe and everything he's done for the club, but down back I think we need to blood games into Dean and the likes of Eyre and TJ when they are ready either this year or next.

In terms of potentially another position for Howe - I would not mind seeing him move out to a wing. He's still much quicker than Sidey and his fitness levels and footy IQ (while maybe below Steele's) is still an asset around the ground, and takes the reliance of him down back, while still allowing him to roll back there in transition to support the main defenders.
Howe forward given our lack of forward targets with McStay injured, Mihocek short term injured, and Johnson completely regressing?

2025 - Pendles retires
2026 - Howe retires

You’re only saying that because you haven’t seen sidebottom dominate finals again. Definitely worth keeping Sidey for his finals abilities. I think Howe will retire before Pendles. He’s the only one in that grouping that relies on his agility and leap to make a difference.

2025 - Pendles retires
2026 - Howe retires

Pendles has more in the tank than Howe. Think Sidebottom might too.

I think the latter two both retire at the end of this season. Pendles either ‘25 or ‘26

Right now our F1st is P10. That plus P34 is pretty close to P9 and P28 for Dangerfield no? (Gore and P50 would cancel out). Schultz should be valued no where near Dangerfield. And sure by the end of the season we could finish with a higher pick. But also there's a clear risk of that being an even lower pick.

Similarly the points value of the Cameron trade based on those picks of a few late firsts netted by a few second rounders is pretty much the same value as the Schultz trade based on current positioning.

The point regardless was that Schultz should be valued no where near the likes of Cameron/Dangerfield yet Geelong didn't have to spend much more to acquire them.
Dangerfield's trade was a handshake agreement between the clubs instead of him exercising free agency and Adelaide getting unders from the AFL

You’re only saying that because you haven’t seen sidebottom dominate finals again. Definitely worth keeping Sidey for his finals abilities. I think Howe will retire before Pendles. He’s the only one in that grouping that relies on his agility and leap to make a difference.

Pies keep playing him we won't make finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back