Test Changes for... India 23 Edition + Post-match chat...

Remove this Banner Ad

Boland did bowl well I thought.

Keeping it tight is all well and good, but at the end of the day, you have to take wickets.
Yeah, that’s the one knock, but he wasn’t given enough of a chance I reckon. He was bowling significantly better than Cummins at the time

Love all the ex players coming out saying we need a 'harder edge' or to 'play/win harder', what a load of rubbish, we simply don't have batters that can play in these conditions, apart from Smith who is elite, and Marnus who I'm confident will make scores this series. We don't play in these conditions often enough (in longer format), we don't train in these conditions, it's no wonder we look like we can't make a total. We also don't have the spin quality to roll India for low scores.

Simply, it's bloody hard to win in India, although capitulations like the first test are just not on, really need to try and remain competitive for the remainder of the series, find a way to scrounge a total, and hope Murphy/Lyon/??? can work together well.

Middle order of katich clarke martyn would be nice around now with gilly coming in after that but even in 04 win we didnt get a bunsen till last test and third test the curator stitched up his own team and gave us wicket we loved.

He was okay but if that’s all he is then Neser can do that plus he’s a mile better with the bat and let’s not forget Boland in the field cost us
First dropped catch in tests I think? It was a dolly and cost us but ffs, shit happens, everyone has done it.

Neser isn't even in the squad. Boland is in there to bowl his tight line as he does it better than neser.

Boland bats no 11, who gives a shit if he is a bunny. Neser on these pitches might make 10 or 20 every 4th or 5th inning

Having said that, if it's like this pitch then I'm only playing Cummins and 3 spinners.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Boland did bowl well I thought.

Keeping it tight is all well and good, but at the end of the day, you have to take wickets.
Australia looked best when Boland was going for 1 run or less an over with Murphy collecting wickets at the other end. Bowling in combination is the secret in on any surface in any country. They were our best bowling combination in the 1st Test.

Australia looked best when Boland was going for 1 run or less an over with Murphy collecting wickets at the other end. Bowling in combination is the secret in on any surface in any country. They were our best bowling combination in the 1st Test.
I agree.
But I was talking about if they would chose Boland again over someone else.

Boland was good, but not good enough that he can't be dropped.

First dropped catch in tests I think? It was a dolly and cost us but ffs, s**t happens, everyone has done it.

Neser isn't even in the squad. Boland is in there to bowl his tight line as he does it better than neser.

Boland bats no 11, who gives a s**t if he is a bunny. Neser on these pitches might make 10 or 20 every 4th or 5th inning

Having said that, if it's like this pitch then I'm only playing Cummins and 3 spinners.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Half the reason India won was their bats from 7-10. They put on 200+. You can’t have bunnies in these conditions. It’s why I feel we have a huge issue none of our spinners can bat bat Agar and his bowling is terrible.

Half the reason India won was their bats from 7-10. They put on 200+. You can’t have bunnies in these conditions. It’s why I feel we have a huge issue none of our spinners can bat bat Agar and his bowling is terrible.
Lucky he bats at 11 then? Neser isn’t coming Luke, it’s unfortunate for him, but I struggle to see how he gets a game again without long term injuries/ early retirements.

Just thought I would change tack...any chance for morris this series

if the series is gone which looks like it is does he get a chance in the backend of the tour ??

Yep bowled 8 overs in partnership and the result was 2/18 or something. Then did not bowl in partnership again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep bowled 8 overs in partnership and the result was 2/18 or something. Then did not bowl in partnership again.
Is it Dean Hills who sits up with the coach with the laptop running analysis? You would think he might have noticed that statistic and had it relayed to Cummins who clearly didn't notice ... or was following some preconceived bowling routine ...

I noticed how well Boland and Murphy bowled well in combination despite my 12th Mercury dry cider!! 🤣

Is it Dean Hills who sits up with the coach with the laptop running analysis? You would think he might have noticed that statistic and had it relayed to Cummins who clearly didn't notice ... or was following some preconceived bowling routine ...

I noticed how well Boland and Murphy bowled well in combination despite my 12th Mercury dry cider!! 🤣

I commented at the time that I could not work out WTF Cummins was doing with the field and bowling changes. That phase of the play was the only part of the Indian innings where we looked in control.

I really don’t understand the lack of love for Boland. Bowled tight, made them play, reversed it, was unlucky not to have a couple of wickets (1 caught behind, 1 LBW), bowled in partnership.

For some bizarre reason Cummins bowled himself when he was wayward, not swinging it, leaking runs, not taking wickets and over bowled Lyon, who I normally really rate, but was poor in this match.

It was awful captaincy - he seemed to miss Heads input in that regard.

I really don’t understand the lack of love for Boland. Bowled tight, made them play, reversed it, was unlucky not to have a couple of wickets (1 caught behind, 1 LBW), bowled in partnership.

For some bizarre reason Cummins bowled himself when he was wayward, not swinging it, leaking runs, not taking wickets and over bowled Lyon, who I normally really rate, but was poor in this match.

It was awful captaincy - he seemed to miss Heads input in that regard.

A bit of ego from cummins.

I feel like fixating on how few runs our 9,10,Jack made is kinda missing the elephant in the room.

India's bottom order made so many runs because our bowlers couldn't get them out.
Three of our top six were complete non contributors for the entire match.

I'm far more concerned about those two points and whether we can even solve them with our current squad. The bowlers batting aggregates are a distant fourth.

Warner
Khawaja
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Green*
Carey
Cummins
Agar
Murphy
Lyon

*Hazlewood/Boland if Green unfit.

Ridiculous to drop Warner after only 1 failure, and we've picked Agar so give him a crack before they bring in an unknown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back