Player Watch Brayden Cook

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you’ve shrunk? 😆
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

It’s funny that McHenry has everything Cook lacks and Cook has everything McHenry lacks. Cook has a far higher ceiling than McHenry, but time will tell if he plays more AFL games.

I’ll get in touch with Goldblum to try and get access to his malfunctioning teleporter.

I see some parrallels with Cook and Fog. Both have the natural talent and footy smarts, maybe just missing the tank/drive at the start of their AFL careers. Hopefully like Fog, Cook can lift another gear and be a regular for us.

I see some parrallels with Cook and Fog. Both have the natural talent and footy smarts, maybe just missing the tank/drive at the start of their AFL careers. Hopefully like Fog, Cook can lift another gear and be a regular for us.
exactly Cook is a slow burn project player. Was extremely underdeveloped. Everyone needs to be patient.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope Cook does fulfill his considerable potential. At the moment Nankervis is looking a million dollars compared to Cook. I can defintely see why we jumped the gun, so to speak, and took Nankervis in the pre season draft. He certainly looked a player in the back end of last season. I had heard about his quick hands, but saw them in action there, along with his athleticism and agility for someone of his height. Definitively one to watch and has considerable upside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16 disposals, didn't look out of place at all.
Yep, started quietly Q1

A couple of terrible errors in Q2 but also started to find the ball and use it well

Better after half time. Involved in the game and some nice touches.

He has a bit of poise. Can candy around an opponent rather than rushing a disposal under pressure. Can hit a target.

Hopefully he stays in because there is something there.

Yep, started quietly Q1

A couple of terrible errors in Q2 but also started to find the ball and use it well

Better after half time. Involved in the game and some nice touches.

He has a bit of poise. Can candy around an opponent rather than rushing a disposal under pressure. Can hit a target.

Hopefully he stays in because there is something there.
He's got a good frame on him compared to someone like Sholl, so he's got the scope to be a bigger wingman. He'll mentally need to add some defensive aggression to his game, I think a lot of it with him will just be experience and some more physical development.

Good skills, good size and has a bit of x-factor. If he could get a bit of c*** about him he could be anything. Could see his skillset transitioning to centre square mid

I like his skills and he's no slouch but he makes Milera look like a hard case in comparison. He just looks like a fish out of water every time he has to tackle a bloke. Needs to develop a harder edge.

He's got a good frame on him compared to someone like Sholl, so he's got the scope to be a bigger wingman. He'll mentally need to add some defensive aggression to his game, I think a lot of it with him will just be experience and some more physical development.
Needs to be exposed too.

Have a couple of players plough through his tackles and make him look ordinary. That's where improvement will come from because his weaknesses won't be exposed in the SANFL

Looked a bit like Dawson out there I thought.

Good skills, good size and has a bit of x-factor. If he could get a bit of c*** about him he could be anything. Could see his skillset transitioning to centre square mid

So we get him to hang out with Rash?

I like his skills and he's no slouch but he makes Milera look like a hard case in comparison. He just looks like a fish out of water every time he has to tackle a bloke. Needs to develop a harder edge.
This is a harsh call but my gut feel watching him play is that he’s one of those guys who has always had enough talent to get by, and hasn’t learnt how to do the hard stuff.

I’m not sure that the kind of grunt that Jones, Pedlar, Soligo etc have can be taught, but I think he can learn to bust his ass up and down the wing like Eg Langdon or Nic Martin does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back