Boxing Ring at Bulleen Park

Remove this Banner Ad

flipout said:
Ivanhoe and Bulleen was a draw, had extra time and Ivanhoe won.

Great win by the boys in black. Hats off to Brad the Tiwi islander... everytime he grabbed the ball it was electric... very neon leon!

Anyone who doubted Spargo should hang their heads in shame. Grab a copy of that tape, apparently Bulleen Temp pre purchased 25 copies before the match so keep an eye on Ebay, and watch him dominate the whole day. Look forward to seeing you in Old Ivanhoe colours next week going for a flag with the under 19's!

Buzz, freak not much else to say there knows how to turn it on and thank god during the year they were lacking numbers and you pulled on the jumper those last quarter heroics were sensational!

That number 14 for ivanhoe... goal on the full time siren scores locked at 104 a piece. Took two match saving grabs in the second lot of extra time.

Besides that a great time effort all day.

Hats off to number 8, 14, 21 and the tallest 17 year old ruckman in the world at Bulleen Temp great effort by these boys all day a lot of tallent there!

The season for Ivanhoe doesnt finish there tribunal this week I assume, I dont think a win like this should make the whole incident of last week blow over. The boys in black have won on the field, now its time to fight off the field in the interest, and safety, of all players from all clubs who have to play against Bundoora.

Final scores:
Ivanhoe 104
Bulleen Temp 104

After Extra Time:
Ivanhoe 113
Bulleen Temp 104

chelsworthgale said:
Great win by the boys in black. Hats off to Brad the Tiwi islander... everytime he grabbed the ball it was electric... very neon leon!

Anyone who doubted Spargo should hang their heads in shame. Grab a copy of that tape, apparently Bulleen Temp pre purchased 25 copies before the match so keep an eye on Ebay, and watch him dominate the whole day. Look forward to seeing you in Old Ivanhoe colours next week going for a flag with the under 19's!

Buzz, freak not much else to say there knows how to turn it on and thank god during the year they were lacking numbers and you pulled on the jumper those last quarter heroics were sensational!

That number 14 for ivanhoe... goal on the full time siren scores locked at 104 a piece. Took two match saving grabs in the second lot of extra time.

Besides that a great time effort all day.

Hats off to number 8, 14, 21 and the tallest 17 year old ruckman in the world at Bulleen Temp great effort by these boys all day a lot of tallent there!

The season for Ivanhoe doesnt finish there tribunal this week I assume, I dont think a win like this should make the whole incident of last week blow over. The boys in black have won on the field, now its time to fight off the field in the interest, and safety, of all players on the field.

Final scores:
Ivanhoe 104
Bulleen Temp 104

After Extra Time:
Ivanhoe 113
Bulleen Temp 104

congrats to them

wonderman said:
"The Bundoora Kid" is not in the top 40 of the League, Knights got rid of him, tried to get into the Cannons ....gone too, should realise he is not up to it

By the way my Top Ten: 1 - Mitchell Farmer (Bun), 2 - Nick Miller (B-T), 3- Andrew Sturgess (St M), 4 - Michael Hurley (Macleod), 5 - Christian Sanfillipo, 6 - Cameron Woods (Bun), 7 - Luke Shelton (St D), 8 - Justin Banbury (St M), 9 - Hamish Paynter (Iv), 10 - Shannon Young (Fitz)

RunawayHoes said:
By the way my Top Ten: 1 - Mitchell Farmer (Bun), 2 - Nick Miller (B-T), 3- Andrew Sturgess (St M), 4 - Michael Hurley (Macleod), 5 - Christian Sanfillipo, 6 - Cameron Woods (Bun), 7 - Luke Shelton (St D), 8 - Justin Banbury (St M), 9 - Hamish Paynter (Iv), 10 - Shannon Young (Fitz)

Very good 10 players :thumbsu:

"Grab a copy of that tape, apparently Bulleen Temp pre purchased 25 copies before the match so keep an eye on Ebay, and watch him dominate the whole day"...
The reason for purchasing 20 copies before the game u fool, was because the camera man wouldnt have come out otherwise. He lost money last year coz no1 bought ne copys, so he wanted money guaranteed..
O.K, lets keep an eye on ebay, well see if any copies are sold on there!! when there are, get back to me.. thx

Bombr07 said:
Earlier in the year when Ivanhoe played Bundoora they absolutely smashed Ivanhoe, everyone in Ivanhoe played crap, it's not that he play'd well. I don't need to see this kid play more than 6 games to know that there are a lot of better players in the league, get over it as you said, anyway who cares!

u obviously do mate coz your goen on about it..

Chop said:
"Grab a copy of that tape, apparently Bulleen Temp pre purchased 25 copies before the match so keep an eye on Ebay, and watch him dominate the whole day"...
The reason for purchasing 20 copies before the game u fool, was because the camera man wouldnt have come out otherwise. He lost money last year coz no1 bought ne copys, so he wanted money guaranteed..
O.K, lets keep an eye on ebay, well see if any copies are sold on there!! when there are, get back to me.. thx

Jealousy? The league provides the camera man, doubt highly the bloke would of lost money. You only copy DVD's as requested you dont go ahead and copy 100 DVD's expecting to sell them, its not a hollywood blockbuster you fool.

As for his payment the league would be paying by the hour, and then he makes extra money on the DVD's. Now lets do a little grade 3 maths... $3 DVD, bit of printing, bit of electricity, an hour of cut and editing, I'd say what $10-$15 tops to produce the DVD. Say he sold 15 copies each match, what was there 3 matchs for the day at $25 each rough maths works out the bloke makes $10 a DVD say he sells 45 on the day $450 plus his hourly fee... gee I'd hate to make that in a day.

If I see one on ebay and its cheaper than $25 i wont be telling you pal I'll be snapping it up for myself, dependant on postage of course! :p

coltsmad said:
i would have thought you would have had enough problems thinking about how you may beat Bulleen Temp rather than concentrating on the Bundy boys. or, are you going to use that as an excuse if you lose???
im sure Bulleen Temp will be super physical towards you guys as it sounds like there may be a weakness there.
sounds like your going to be occupied looking over your shoulder all game worried about those "Bundy Boys"

yes u see we were able to think about both and still win. if u get too focused on the game ull get too nervous and play a shocker. clearly this didnt happen.
as to ur comment about our apparent weakness being the physical approach clearly u are sadly mistaken. bulleen temp guys told a fellow player that we went in there as hard, if not harder than eny other team this yr. i think thats a fairly big complement coming froma team such as bulleen dont u?
but then again it was supposed to be an excuse if we lost. IF. cos as u can see we didnt

hey. anyone known what happened to the investigation and tribunal. I heard it was postponed until after the grand final to save any controversy. So has anything happened since. Has anyone been suspended. Has bundoora been expelled.

BlindedByTheLight said:
hey. anyone known what happened to the investigation and tribunal. I heard it was postponed until after the grand final to save any controversy. So has anything happened since. Has anyone been suspended. Has bundoora been expelled.

Tribunal investigation was held on either the monday or the tuesday (4th or 5th).

From all that attended it was quite clear that Bundoora are in an impossible situation which wasn't helped by denials which were rebutted by the tribunal chairman himself, who stated quite clearly after some false information that fabricating the truth will only be harmful as he was in attendance at the game!

Results of the investigation are still unknown but with quite a strong case put forward by ivanhoe in conjunction with incident reports and statements from other clubs i think the league has ONLY one option...

chelsworthgale said:
Tribunal investigation was held on either the monday or the tuesday (4th or 5th).

From all that attended it was quite clear that Bundoora are in an impossible situation which wasn't helped by denials which were rebutted by the tribunal chairman himself, who stated quite clearly after some false information that fabricating the truth will only be harmful as he was in attendance at the game!

Results of the investigation are still unknown but with quite a strong case put forward by ivanhoe in conjunction with incident reports and statements from other clubs i think the league has ONLY one option...

Chuck em out - and make it the whole club - the junior teams from my experience are no better.

Diamond Valley - here they come !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coach banned for life
Sam Edmund
September 14, 2006 12:00am

A SUBURBAN football coach has been banned for life and seven players suspended for up to two years after a junior final ended in chaos.
The Yarra Junior Football League yesterday spanked the Bundoora Junior Football Club for its part in a savage brawl with Ivanhoe in an under-17s preliminary final at Bulleen Park.
Bundoora coach Scott McConville, who works as a psychiatrist at the Austin hospital, was given the life ban.
The league slapped Bundoora with a substantial fine and handed seven players suspensions ranging from 10 weeks to two years.
The club is also at risk, with the league vowing to kick it out unless it meets set requirements.
The league will oversee its operations and watch coaching appointments.
The August 20 fist fight saw a league official hit in the head and Ivanhoe players and fans and players barricade themselves in the change rooms.
The strife began when a Bundoora player was sent off for striking, only to return seconds later and king-hit several players.
As violence erupted, horrified Ivanhoe parents linked arms and formed a ring around their boys.
Frightened onlookers called police, who rushed five cars to the scene.
League spokesman Stephen Stewart said Bundoora had done serious damage.
"They have to understand and recognise the seriousness of this incident, the impact it's had on their club, the league and on junior footy in general," Mr Stewart said.
"This sort of behaviour can't be tolerated, not just in junior football but in any sport."
But Mr Stewart said kicking Bundoora out of the league would have been a "cop-out".
"We want as many kids as possible playing footy . . . in the right environment and we work bloody hard at that," he said.
"They will be required to work with us to convince us they're worthy of being in our league.
"If they don't do that prior to next season they will be terminated."
Ivanhoe officials caught the brawl on video but have refused to release it.
Mr McConville, a junior footy coach for 22 years, declined to comment.

Big Brother is watching Bundoora JFC... as will every other team in the league.

Just in reply to that ignorant idiotic coach...

1. The tape footage that ivanhoe took was confiscated by the police on the day as charges were laid against one of the boys.

2. The Ivanhoe players who did strike back... thats right DID strike back, did so in self defence. Not even a court of law would convict a person for defending themselves. The Ivanhoe kids had no reason to strike back as they had won the game and were on their merry way to a premiership.

3. For this bloke to have coached for 22 years any tool with a calculator can figure out he's either exagerated this claim or he is including the years he "played" as a junior in his count.

4. I think what worked against him was his sob story. As the people watched the tape at the tribunal hearing it was clearly evident that he played no part in trying to break up or prevent the events from happening. For him to claim shock, horror or complete ignorance for the whole situation I think he needs to retire from his day job, I feel for any of his patients at the Austin as he seems to be a very incompetant psychiatrist if he is unable to realise that he needed to provide some sort as assistance in difuse the situation.

Hats off to the Ivanhoe club which did not rest on their morals even though they had won the grand final and the season was over. I think the league has learnt a few lessons from this incident, when concerns over safety arise that they must not fall on deaf ears. Better training towards umpires and even compensation for umpires should they need to attend tribunal hearings. For them to give up their time for nothing servely hampers their decision to report someone on the field.

Finally the YJFL is a much more safer league. The main trouble making club, this was evident at the Tribunal hearing with submissions from many clubs, has had a serious "bubble" placed around it. I wonder how long until some nut case "hero" bursts that bubble and ruins it for every other child at that club?... Only time will tell...

FootyBrain06! said:
Coach banned for life
Sam Edmund
September 14, 2006 12:00am

A SUBURBAN football coach has been banned for life and seven players suspended for up to two years after a junior final ended in chaos.
The Yarra Junior Football League yesterday spanked the Bundoora Junior Football Club for its part in a savage brawl with Ivanhoe in an under-17s preliminary final at Bulleen Park.
Bundoora coach Scott McConville, who works as a psychiatrist at the Austin hospital, was given the life ban.
The league slapped Bundoora with a substantial fine and handed seven players suspensions ranging from 10 weeks to two years.
The club is also at risk, with the league vowing to kick it out unless it meets set requirements.
The league will oversee its operations and watch coaching appointments.
The August 20 fist fight saw a league official hit in the head and Ivanhoe players and fans and players barricade themselves in the change rooms.
The strife began when a Bundoora player was sent off for striking, only to return seconds later and king-hit several players.
As violence erupted, horrified Ivanhoe parents linked arms and formed a ring around their boys.
Frightened onlookers called police, who rushed five cars to the scene.
League spokesman Stephen Stewart said Bundoora had done serious damage.
"They have to understand and recognise the seriousness of this incident, the impact it's had on their club, the league and on junior footy in general," Mr Stewart said.
"This sort of behaviour can't be tolerated, not just in junior football but in any sport."
But Mr Stewart said kicking Bundoora out of the league would have been a "cop-out".
"We want as many kids as possible playing footy . . . in the right environment and we work bloody hard at that," he said.
"They will be required to work with us to convince us they're worthy of being in our league.
"If they don't do that prior to next season they will be terminated."
Ivanhoe officials caught the brawl on video but have refused to release it.
Mr McConville, a junior footy coach for 22 years, declined to comment.

Dear Ivanhoe player thanks for the mail.

flipout said:
Coaching juniors for 22 years? LMAO. What a load of crap!

He started coaching in 1985 while he was still playing and before he had children. Thats a fact. Not one other incident.

chelsworthgale said:

1. The tape footage that ivanhoe took was confiscated by the police on the day as charges were laid against one of the boys.

2. The Ivanhoe players who did strike back... thats right DID strike back, did so in self defence. Not even a court of law would convict a person for defending themselves. The Ivanhoe kids had no reason to strike back as they had won the game and were on their merry way to a premiership.

3. For this bloke to have coached for 22 years any tool with a calculator can figure out he's either exagerated this claim or he is including the years he "played" as a junior in his count.

4. I think what worked against him was his sob story. As the people watched the tape at the tribunal hearing it was clearly evident that he played no part in trying to break up or prevent the events from happening. For him to claim shock, horror or complete ignorance for the whole situation I think he needs to retire from his day job, I feel for any of his patients at the Austin as he seems to be a very incompetant psychiatrist if he is unable to realise that he needed to provide some sort as assistance in difuse the situation.

Hats off to the Ivanhoe club which did not rest on their morals even though they had won the grand final and the season was over. I think the league has learnt a few lessons from this incident, when concerns over safety arise that they must not fall on deaf ears. Better training towards umpires and even compensation for umpires should they need to attend tribunal hearings. For them to give up their time for nothing servely hampers their decision to report someone on the field.

Finally the YJFL is a much more safer league. The main trouble making club, this was evident at the Tribunal hearing with submissions from many clubs, has had a serious "bubble" placed around it. I wonder how long until some nut case "hero" bursts that bubble and ruins it for every other child at that club?... Only time will tell...

The Ivanhoe spokesman is at it again. Never one to retract statements or admit he was wrong. For example see #1, 3, 5, 11, 16, 25, 50. I attended the YJFL investigation and have seen all the evidence written and verbal. The woman admitted at the tribunal that she was not punched or kicked. The YJFL official admitted he was not kicked but hit/pushed by a unidentifiable person. No allegations that Bundoora parents hit any Ivanhoe parents.

In # 5 you say the umpires are at fault but now seem to have shifted blame. They clearly were not up to it. Their report is a disgrace. They have listed the wrong players getting sent off for the wrong offence in the wrong quarters prior to the melee. Unbelievably however in the heat of a major incident they can list 7 players numbers, observe what they did and cite them without any outside assistance. I don't think so! They need to toughen up a bit if they wish to go further as paying penalties for "You're joking umpire" and handing out free-kicks because the "bump was too hard" isn't going to cut out at the next level. Being prepared to give honest evidence at tribunal hearings would also be a step in the right direction.

You say you have access to the footage in #25 but now say the police confiscated it. The league stated that there was no precedent to admit video evidence and said that they wouldn't use it. Amazingly half way through the hearing they said that they had watched it and asked what they saw said it showed the start of the melee then cuts out. No Bundoora player has been charged by the police with anything. I was informed by the Herald-Sun that Ivanhoe threatened to release the video if Bundoora were not punished severely. The YJFL didn't want their repuation tarnished (as a league and key members individually)and gave into the demands of Ivanhoe and several other powerful clubs. At least you admit that the Ivanhoe players did strike back. As far as i know this is the only time a person affiliated with the club has admitted this fact. Last time I checked retaliation wasn't a valid defence. Also interesting that Ivanhoe, the umpires & YJFL entered from one room into the hearing while Bundoora were separated in another room.

You continue having a crack at the coach. No need to call him idiotic, ignorant etc. unless you are prepared to say it to his face. He started coaching in 1985 while he was still a player. This is a fact. He has not been involved in any other incidents. Don't know what sob story you are talking about. The coach can't enter the ground until the game is finished. He then immediately entered the arena, as the Ivanhoe coach acknowledged at the hearing, and tried to restrain players and berated them when he got them together as a group. Get your facts right as he is not a psychiatrist at the Austin Hospital and comments about his conduct at work are not warranted or necessary. Focus on him as a football coach. Bundoora had 7 players out and had to play 6 under 15's and I know he would have been keen to be competitive and not take some of his better players off.

Bundoora players needed to be severely punished. They were guilty of numerous striking charges. However they are still entitled in Australia to a process of natural justice. The YJFL were held over a barrel by some of the powerful clubs in the league and they also wanted to protect their own reputation (as a league and individuals). When the Conduct manager was interviewed on radio he staggered and stammered as he tried to justify the scapegoating of the coach. He didn't look good. The ban on the coach is only a ban in the YJFL and he can coach anywhere he likes. He told the hearing he has taken a senior position next year and had no plans of ever coaching in the YJFL again. As you can see this was done primarily for other reasons. Three of the four players suspended weren't playing next season anyway.

Congratulations to Ivanhoe for winning the flag. This was truly a sensational effort and well-deserved in the circumstances. It would be good to put this incident to rest. Happy to speak to you privately if you have any issues.

chelsworthgale said:

Hey man you are still going. A couple of other things. At the hearing they accepted that the coach didn't tell the player sent off to "go back and knock a few more out" but said he maybe could have done more to find out that the player was red carded. The league also said they would keep the results of the hearing private but went straight to the media - just trying to look good themselves. Wot about the racial vilification - lets see the YJFl sweep that one under the carpet.

The Bundy boyz in the fight said they felt sorry for Timmy (#16) big mouth but didn't deserve to cop it like he did, Brunelli (Bombr7?) wrong place at wrong time and players felt bad when he ran off crying like Evan, Lachy (#25) started on a bloke last time they played but did nothing this time and didn't deserve it. Poor Harbo good bloke didn't deserve it. Westman and Spoor both hit smaller players from behind and mouthed off heaps during the game and should have both been reported. Next time Reuben rips his jumper off tell him to take his singlet off as well!

Mate nothing more to say really is there! Go Bulls for the DVFL Div One GF next week! real men playing hard in a real contact sport.

hoes06 said:
i hope you saw the score runawayhoes while we were winning the grand final you were bitching about us

Congratulations mate it was a great win. at least your mums didn't have to run out and protect you this week from those naughty bundoora boyz. welcome to the real world. wot number were you?

mattyr said:
Hey man you are still going. A couple of other things. At the hearing they accepted that the coach didn't tell the player sent off to "go back and knock a few more out" but said he maybe could have done more to find out that the player was red carded. The league also said they would keep the results of the hearing private but went straight to the media - just trying to look good themselves. Wot about the racial vilification - lets see the YJFl sweep that one under the carpet.

The Bundy boyz in the fight said they felt sorry for Timmy (#16) big mouth but didn't deserve to cop it like he did, Brunelli (Bombr7?) wrong place at wrong time and players felt bad when he ran off crying like Evan, Lachy (#25) started on a bloke last time they played but did nothing this time and didn't deserve it. Poor Harbo good bloke didn't deserve it. Westman and Spoor both hit smaller players from behind and mouthed off heaps during the game and should have both been reported. Next time Reuben rips his jumper off tell him to take his singlet off as well!

Mate nothing more to say really is there! Go Bulls for the DVFL Div One GF next week! real men playing hard in a real contact sport.

Mattyr is that all you got left in bud? I sense a touch of sour grapes there... geez... The fact that you needed to revert to actual players names and numbers shows how out of an argument you are!... Aww and the ivanhoe boys mothers were there... they cheered all the Ivanhoe boys in for a terrific grand final victory? were you there? or curled up in bed wishing you were there?

As for the racial vilification that comment was, "We'll be playing in a grand final next week while their gardening with their mothers"... I though spargs quip was quite clever, funny enough though he was at CHB yet the Bundoora ruckman sore fit to kick the back of little timmy's leg... Christ im in trouble now... I can hear Martin Luther King rolling in his grave... in fact Nelson is trying to track me down... you guys have to stop trying to create problems...

And the poor Bundoora boys who were called scumbags... i genuinely feel sorry for you... so here is a solution, you should apologise to every ivanhoe player who you called "rich pr!cks" on the day... im sure you'll find the social vilification from both sides would of cancelled each other out!

Runaway listen up champ... there WAS MORE THAN ONE TAPE... does it suprise you? They are cheap these days video recorders and plenty were at the game... The cops took what was needed to lay assualt charges and that was that. They rest including the school kids tapes weren't included in the investigation but were actually viewed straight after the game and again at a grand final victory BBQ...

I think you need to go and revist the clarify some of your information... after the herald sun INTERVIEWED the bundoora coach he confirmed his occupation http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,21985,20414881-661,00.html

Lets see what esle...
6 under 15's... stop the press!... Ivanhoe's side was majority bottom age, physically smaller in general than bundoora and bulleen for that matter.

Why would the league state the results would be private? Its an investigation which has/had dramatic ramafication for every team in the league! The results of investigations like this are always published!

Also when an incident gets a quarter of page 3 followed up television news reports, there is bound to be some follow up investigatory journalism!

Your right boys the matter has finally been laid to rest... but I can assure you every team in the league will squeel like little pigs should Bundoora set a foot wrong... you cant disagree with that!

mattyr said:
Congratulations mate it was a great win. at least your mums didn't have to run out and protect you this week from those naughty bundoora boyz. welcome to the real world. wot number were you?
i was number 26

chelsworthgale said:
Mattyr is that all you got left in bud? I sense a touch of sour grapes there... geez... The fact that you needed to revert to actual players names and numbers shows how out of an argument you are!... Aww and the ivanhoe boys mothers were there... they cheered all the Ivanhoe boys in for a terrific grand final victory? were you there? or curled up in bed wishing you were there?

As for the racial vilification that comment was, "We'll be playing in a grand final next week while their gardening with their mothers"... I though spargs quip was quite clever, funny enough though he was at CHB yet the Bundoora ruckman sore fit to kick the back of little timmy's leg... Christ im in trouble now... I can hear Martin Luther King rolling in his grave... in fact Nelson is trying to track me down... you guys have to stop trying to create problems...

And the poor Bundoora boys who were called scumbags... i genuinely feel sorry for you... so here is a solution, you should apologise to every ivanhoe player who you called "rich pr!cks" on the day... im sure you'll find the social vilification from both sides would of cancelled each other out!

Runaway listen up champ... there WAS MORE THAN ONE TAPE... does it suprise you? They are cheap these days video recorders and plenty were at the game... The cops took what was needed to lay assualt charges and that was that. They rest including the school kids tapes weren't included in the investigation but were actually viewed straight after the game and again at a grand final victory BBQ...

I think you need to go and revist the clarify some of your information... after the herald sun INTERVIEWED the bundoora coach he confirmed his occupation http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,21985,20414881-661,00.html

Lets see what esle...
6 under 15's... stop the press!... Ivanhoe's side was majority bottom age, physically smaller in general than bundoora and bulleen for that matter.

Why would the league state the results would be private? Its an investigation which has/had dramatic ramafication for every team in the league! The results of investigations like this are always published!

Also when an incident gets a quarter of page 3 followed up television news reports, there is bound to be some follow up investigatory journalism!

Your right boys the matter has finally been laid to rest... but I can assure you every team in the league will squeel like little pigs should Bundoora set a foot wrong... you cant disagree with that!

be a man and admit that you got some facts wrong. Nothing wrong with being man enough to admit you made some sensationalistic errors. I have never known a 16-17 year-old to make a comment about gardening - maybe sledging has more of a horticultural feel down in leafy Ivanhoe. If you read the statements of both sides it is clear that it is not Spargo but Timmy that made the alleged racist comment and I am sure the Bundoora player wouldn't have said anything about it if Ivanhoe didn't carry on with all the extra rubbish ("woman punched & kicked" etc). Let's set the record straight - NO POLICE CHARGES HAVE BEEN LAID. The club has been informed that none will be forthcoming. I am reliably informed that a number of Ivanhoe players have asked to get a copy of a tape and are yet to view it. By the way the coach was not interviewed and some of the quotes attributed to him are not in fact his words. Don't believe everything you read. Anyway come and watch me play this week in a Grand Final and I will gladly buy you a beer (chardonnay!) after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back