Boxing Ring at Bulleen Park

Remove this Banner Ad

mattyr said:
see thats where school computers come into good use...

geez i'm getting old. What ever happen to tandy trs80's, flopping disks and astroids???

We only got access to computers in 1 info tech class for 2 hours per week from about year 11 onwards.

How things have changed

ant22 said:
geez i'm getting old. What ever happen to tandy trs80's, flopping disks and astroids???

We only got access to computers in 1 info tech class for 2 hours per week from about year 11 onwards.

How things have changed

galaxia was and will always be the bomb!:p

What a find kind of funny in this whole story is that if i was a coach and a player was running towards the bench and i saw him wouldnt you at least ask why are you comming off. Players dont just run off for no reason obviously he was sent off or injured. Seems very suss...

Matty R of course your gunna cover up things

10571z said:
What a find kind of funny in this whole story is that if i was a coach and a player was running towards the bench and i saw him wouldnt you at least ask why are you comming off. Players dont just run off for no reason obviously he was sent off or injured. Seems very suss...

Of course you would ask! Also, the incident that sparked the player to be sent off was only 40 metres in front of him. On the remote chance that he had not seen it his trainer or runner would probably have seen it. He then would have had the opportunity to ask his player (his step son) why he was coming off. I don't believe a word of it! Ultimately, questions about his fitness to coach need to be asked. Should he be allowed to coach juniors of for that matter any sporting team at a later date? Should his coaching accreditation be reviewed?

10571z said:

the Ivanhoe supporters standing behind the coaches box were going off their heads with some of the worst abuse I have ever heard. It looked as though the Bundoora player was running towards them exchanging words. I have heard that he ran to the boundary exchanged jumpers was told to go back on and knock a few more out. Absolute crap. As I said i don't follow either team but this didn't happen. The player didn't get close enough for the coach to discuss what happened.

Truthatlast said:
Of course you would ask! Also, the incident that sparked the player to be sent off was only 40 metres in front of him. On the remote chance that he had not seen it his trainer or runner would probably have seen it. He then would have had the opportunity to ask his player (his step son) why he was coming off. I don't believe a word of it! Ultimately, questions about his fitness to coach need to be asked. Should he be allowed to coach juniors of for that matter any sporting team at a later date? Should his coaching accreditation be reviewed?

People like you who dont know the facts only make the situation worse. If you want to send me a PM I can put you in touch with Bundoora. I think you better have a good lawyer! Why don't you identify your affiliation as it is obvious you have some sort of personal axe to grind.

Bombr07 said:
Calm down, the guy was simply saying what he thought, in my opinion, he's not in the top 40 players either, in fact, he had no influence on Sundays game, he didn't even involve himself until he started beating up others.

One of the Ivanhoe parents said to me before the game that this kid had played on one of their best players earlier in the year and absolutely blitzed him. How many games have you seen this kid play? What is your top 40? Who do you play for? I heard from a YJFL bloke that this kid got a fair few votes from opposition coaches. Anyway who cares.

RunawayHoes said:
People like you who dont know the facts only make the situation worse. If you want to send me a PM I can put you in touch with Bundoora. I think you better have a good lawyer! Why don't you identify your affiliation as it is obvious you have some sort of personal axe to grind.

Know the facts! I was there trying to get my son safely off the ground. As for your coach I have not personally criticised him. I have merely asked questions that need to be asked. Hopefully the league do the right thing and ask these same questions.

Truthatlast said:

Crap as usual from truth(cough)atlast

RunawayHoes said:
One of the Ivanhoe parents said to me before the game that this kid had played on one of their best players earlier in the year and absolutely blitzed him. How many games have you seen this kid play? What is your top 40? Who do you play for? I heard from a YJFL bloke that this kid got a fair few votes from opposition coaches. Anyway who cares.

Earlier in the year when Ivanhoe played Bundoora they absolutely smashed Ivanhoe, everyone in Ivanhoe played crap, it's not that he play'd well. I don't need to see this kid play more than 6 games to know that there are a lot of better players in the league, get over it as you said, anyway who cares!

RunawayHoes said:
the Ivanhoe supporters standing behind the coaches box were going off their heads with some of the worst abuse I have ever heard. It looked as though the Bundoora player was running towards them exchanging words. I have heard that he ran to the boundary exchanged jumpers was told to go back on and knock a few more out. Absolute crap. As I said i don't follow either team but this didn't happen. The player didn't get close enough for the coach to discuss what happened.

Im not saying discuss what happened or anything....

But if a player is running to the bench you dont tell him to go back on obviously he is injured or hurt. Why would he tell him to get back on???? He should no his comming off for a reason. EVEN If he didnt see the event or anything kids dont run off for no reason

Thanks to bigfooty there shouldnt be any on field brawls ever, just go home and log in THEN the fights can start!!!:D Nice to see the herald Sun referring to this site in a backhanded way again in the article the other day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whos going to win the colts GFs????
Bulleen Temp to strong for Ivanhoe
Doncaster to win a close game over Richmond
Balwyn over Hawthorn Citz
Fitzroy over Stmarys

i tell ya who culda gone really well this yr....macleod
they had like 4 of their best playas out injured and michael hurley hardly playd 4 them.
if they culd have gone injury free, they wulda gone close to winning the flag.
for those who dont know who hurley is he's like one of the best playas in victoria for u/16
but yeh ill go bulleen for colts 1 premiers
it wulda been awesome if macleod culda won it tho 5 colts 1 premierships in 6 yrs...wat an outstanding achievement

10571z said:
ahhh cleary that wasnt the case. And is very rare anyway. How could a player keep track of time.

The Ivanhoe supporters would have to be about the worst in the league. Their comments are disgusting. It looked to many people that I have spoken too that he was running to have a go (verbally) at them. I know most of the kids had had enough by then of the abuse. Like the kid in the middle who got hit first he mouthed off and then said "why don't you hit me now". He gets hit then they sook.

Truthatlast said:
The Ivanhoe boys wanted nothing to do with the fight. They were told by their coach not to risk suspension as that would mean missing the GF.
The Bundoora boys chased after the Ivanhoe team after they left the ground. They tried to enter the rooms and bashed the YJFL official because he tried to stand in their way. They took advantage of the situation. It was one of the most gutless things I have ever had the misfortune to witness. The Ivanhoe boys can take a lot of credit for refusing to involve themselves. As for the league it will be interesting to see if they take the soft option and treat Bundoora with "kid gloves". Are they more interested in getting to the root of the problem or are they more interested in the image of the YVFL? It will be disappointing if the YVFL pretend that this was not a serious blight on local sport.

Only 2 Bundoora players chased and were stopped by their teammates before they got to the rooms. It looked to me as though number 26 and 50 from Ivanhoe were pretty keen to fight and a few others were having a go. Sure there were some Ivanhoe boys that didn't want anything to do with it (felt sorry for number 7). spargo tried to goad Bundoora players into having a go and when it finally erupted he ran faster than he did all day. Don't worry Bundoora will cop their right back and be honest about their part in it. What about the self-righteous 'Hoes. Hiding behind a computer and having cheap shots is not really that brave either.

wonderman said:
Your logic confuses and bewilders me with your ignorance and total bias.

If that was the fact how the hell did not Clarke & Shelton from St Damian's not make it,,,,100% better players than Tiny Jed yet hard at the footy and man. The panel was got at.....and I know you'll say something stupid about this, but man.........BELIEVE IT...........it is the most "Clicky" league in Australia.

The YJFL side selections proved this.

Didn't see Clarkes name in the votes. What number are you at St Damians?

Truthatlast said:
Thanks Bombr07! Could not have put it better. I genuinely feel sorry for the younger kids at Bundoora. No one is saying that you shouldn't play again. Just that Bundoora has become a joke at Colts level. All the coaches, players and parents from the other clubs talk of the violence that follows this club. No one wants to play your club. The league are the only friend you have at the moment. Find a club that has some respect! Good luck in the future!

You can play your out wide, no contact, receiving soft schoolboy footy if you like. However there is a whole different world out there. Some of these boys will be in for a shock. They can always take up basketball. Go and have a sook.

Bombr07 said:
Heaps to come out that no one can talk about, such as? Ivanhoe, if they did have any part to play in provoking the brawl did not abuse a yarra league official nor did they allegedly abuse a mother, the ivanhoe players had not, throughout the game inflicted cheap shots upon the Bundoora players. It seems all Ivanhoe has been accused of is calling the Bundoora players mean names. A terribly pathetic reason for 17 yr olds to start beating up their opponents or it may be because they couldn't handle getting belted by 80 points.

Did you miss number 50 hitting the smallest player on the ground from behind to the back of the head.

Bombr07 said:
Supporter or player CoNaZ33?
if your neither then you should no Bulleen temp. only lost once, and that was to Ivanhoe and the scores were only a little apart as was the week that Bulleen won, the day they were at almost full strength, watch this Sunday and see Ivanhoe make you eat you words. For all those actually looking forward to the match, it should be good and both teams rightly deserve to be there.

Bulleen had 16 players. BT by 10 goals.

Demonic Ascent said:
I remember going to an U17 prelim between Eltham & Diamond Creek about 10 years ago at Diamond Creek that ended up in an all-in brawl with parents, officials, spectators all involved. I remember a massive group of people (looked between 100-200) punching on in the centre square.

This is not the sort of thing that should be promoted but FFS this is football and this sort of stuff happens. No-one was seriously injured were they? The way its been reported and talked up you'd think brass-knuckles and steel pipes had been brought out onto the field and some type of gang war started.

Granted it was extremely poor form to hit the mother, but she probably shouldnt have been in that position to start with. Not excusing it, just saying.

From where I was the mother was throwing most of the punches1

Truthatlast said:
Just remember that 2/3rds of the Ivanhoe side in this grand final are bottom age. He definitely deserves his coach of the year title.

You would have to be either the coach himself or a good mate of his to think that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back