• Availability: Test

Caleb Marchbank (back)

Jack Martin (hamstring)

Player

Injury

Update

Matt CarrollGroinRemains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness.(Update: 30 April)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Lachie FogartyWristCommenced running program.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 11. (Update: 16 April)
Caleb MarchbankBackTest (Update: 7 May)
Jack MartinHamstringTest (Update: 7 May)
Mitch McGovernHamstringTest (Update: 7 May)
Jesse MotlopHamstringSuffered a further hamstring injury in recent days.
Availability: 4-5 weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Adam SaadHamstringMedium-grade hamstring strain.
Availability: six weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)

lol to the injury list. Absolute lol. I’d love to understand the club rational for keeping Russell. We won’t ever know though. Cue the Russell defenders. You’ve all been repeatedly proven wrong. No I won’t respond to your debate narrowing builshit that has wrecked this site. You know who I’m talking to.

I will repeat what I’ve said for a number of years: how could we do WORSE with someone else?

Ponder. No rational answer possible. All the best.

Has to be something to do with how we are training. Probably going too hard mid week. Then again there has been no mid week for some of them because they have not played a game.

6 player missing with muscle strains.

The two knees are accidental, Docherty has a history with that injury. Carroll, not uncommon for young players to struggle in the first few seasons of their career.

2 concussions is pretty much s**t happens as is Fogarty and Marchbank's situation.

The 6 strains is the one that gets me. That's huge. Yes many players have a history there. But this is nuts.

Has to be something to do with how we are training. Probably going too hard mid week. Then again there has been no mid week for some of them because they have not played a game.

6 player missing with muscle strains.

The two knees are accidental, Docherty has a history with that injury. Carroll, not uncommon for young players to struggle in the first few seasons of their career.

2 concussions is pretty much s**t happens as is Fogarty and Marchbank's situation.

The 6 strains is the one that gets me. That's huge. Yes many players have a history there. But this is nuts.
6 strains is excessive but 3 were effectively from one game. Skews the numbers. What is unclear is whether it’s simply bad luck or cumulative effect of load management, surface, preparation, whatever.

Of the lot, reckon we need Cerra back asap. The rest we can somewhat cover.

6 strains is excessive but 3 were effectively from one game. Skews the numbers. What is unclear is whether it’s simply bad luck or cumulative effect of load management, surface, preparation, whatever.

Enough research has been done to indicate that most soft tissue injuries are prep related, some are bad luck but most aren't.

3 in one game being bad luck would be extraordinary, it's far, far more likely to be something prep related.

Saad in my opinion is the one we need asap as Walsh is back and already firing. Run and carry is a huge asset at the moment.

Cerra is a big watch on the injury front - three hamstrings in three years since he joined Carlton. Expect they will be quite conservative.

lol to the injury list. Absolute lol. I’d love to understand the club rational for keeping Russell. We won’t ever know though. Cue the Russell defenders. You’ve all been repeatedly proven wrong. No I won’t respond to your debate narrowing builshit that has wrecked this site. You know who I’m talking to.

I will repeat what I’ve said for a number of years: how could we do WORSE with someone else?

Ponder. No rational answer possible. All the best.

You don't know anything for sure, other than we have injuries.

I get the frustration but to be so certain of the reasoning behind injury without the specifics is naive and presumptuous.

The club hierarchy have done a thorough and ongoing analysis of the decision makers involved in player injury management and have emphatically supported Russell.

So you either know more than they do or you're finding a scapegoat for your emotional upset.

Toughen up.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest Injury Update 23rd April …

Four Blues facing tests​

Player

Injury

Update

Dom AkueiConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.
Availability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Matt CarrollGroinContinuing on his modified program.
Return to play will be further assessed in Round 7. (Update: 26 March)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 23 April)
David CuninghamCalfAiming to be test to play next week. (Update: 23 April)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Lachie FogartyWristCommenced running program.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 11. (Update: 16 April)
Caleb MarchbankConcussionProgressing through recovery.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 9. (Update: 16 April)
Jack MartinHamstringLow-grade hamstring last week. Will enter a conditioning block.
Availability: 5-6 weeks. (Update: 3 April)
Mitch McGovernHamstringAvailability: 1-2 weeks. (Update: 23 April)
Jesse MotlopHamstringSuffered a further hamstring injury in recent days.
Availability: 4-5 weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Adam SaadHamstringMedium-grade hamstring strain.
Availability: six weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)
Zac WilliamsAchilles sorenessReceived a knock to Achilles on Saturday and was subbed out of the game.
Jacob WeiteringCorkAvailability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Billy WilsonConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.

15 out of 44 injured = 1/3 of the list.
12 out of 23 = 1/2 of our best 22.

We've been beaten around the head with the injury stick this entire century, but that's the worst I've seen.
How much will it impact the core playing most games throughout the year.
We were absolutely spent by the prelim last year.

15 out of 44 injured = 1/3 of the list.
12 out of 23 = 1/2 of our best 22.

We've been beaten around the head with the injury stick this entire century, but that's the worst I've seen.

4 of those are tests (Wilson, Akuei, Weiters and Williams). It’s closer to 11 out of 44.

Still not great.

But the boys have shown that if they stick to the system they can beat anyone. I’m starting to believe this squad mentality.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting Martin listed as 5 weeks from the 3rd April? Should be back in two weeks going by the timeline?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back