News Billy Frampton signs with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Our man earned himself the biggest individual spread in today’s paper. Really good seeing the praise his teammates have given him for his role on Saturday and it’s just a good read in general. Really couldn’t have imagined seeing something like this in my lifetime so once again, super proud of him.

Attachments

• IMG_8779.jpeg
    IMG_8779.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8780.jpeg
    IMG_8780.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
Our man earned himself the biggest individual spread in today’s paper. Really good seeing the praise his teammates have given him for his role on Saturday and it’s just a good read in general. Really couldn’t have imagined seeing something like this in my lifetime so once again, super proud of him.

Has Ken got a double page spread yet?

This is so good, Ken just actually never liked this bloke, ever.

hahaha
1696202456367.png

You’re giving a definitive answer to a hypothetical question?

The last time McRae coached a team that was missing Moore against Brisbane, they lost by 24 points. That is a fact, not a hypothetical. He will struggle with key players missing just like we do.

I think it will be different with Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher. The difference between Collingwood’s key defenders and ours is apart from Aliir, theirs are more mobile and can cover more ground.

In fact, I think the main reason why the club got rid of Bassett is because they need a change of philosophy in who supports who. Bassett believes that the midfield should fold back and support the defenders. When Hinkley first got here, he had the philosophy of the defence pushing up the ground to assist the midfield.

You can do that if you've got 2-3 intercept key defenders + a mobile ruck sitting back for the dump kick as your half backs and mids combine with the forwards to compress the ground. You can't do it if you've got 1.5 intercept defenders and a hobbled ruck that can't get back and defend.
Can you please stop creating counter arguments for the sake of being combative and just accept Hinkley is s**t

If Brisbane had kicked one more goal would the world still be trying to convince me that Billy Frampton was a star ?

If Brisbane had kicked one more goal would the world still be trying to convince me that Billy Frampton was a star ?
Nope - that's the difference between success and failure. Its why you need to be absolutely ruthless and turn over every stone in order to achieve success.

Probably not, but maybe he is a star and his diversion of Andrews away from other players is very likely what led to Collingwood having 30 scoring shots for the game.
No point dwelling on what ifs, what happened is Billy Frampton played a crucial role in winning a flag and he’ll have that forever.

Who is calling him a star?

He played a role against one of Brisbane's most dangerous players and negated his influence.

Every premiership side has average footballers who play a role. They'd be called spuds in unsuccessful teams. Good coaching and a good culture helps these sorts of players be effective. Look at Thurstans in 2004.

brainlet-wojak-brain-mask.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you please stop creating counter arguments for the sake of being combative and just accept Hinkley is s**t
They aren't even really counter arguments.

Areas where Port needs improvement in order to win a flag:
1. Governance & culture
2. Head coach
3. Senior coaching assistant
4. KPDs
5. Ruck division

These areas need to be improved, they just aren't at the top of the list.

He played a role against one of Brisbane's most dangerous players and negated his influence.

Every premiership side has average footballers who play a role. They'd be called spuds in unsuccessful teams. Good coaching and a good culture helps these sorts of players be effective. Look at Thurstans in 2004.

Mark Robinson on pp 44-45 of today's press complete with a two page colour spread. Robinson doesn't label Billy a 'star' but says he 'played the game of his life'. I would say a two page spread on a 2 possession player who limits his opponent to 16 disposals and 9 marks is giving someone the star treatment. I am obviously missing something because I cannot see the value in a player who has 2 possessions but whose opponent takes 9 marks.

As for Toby Thurstans, he actually kicked goals for us in that 2004 Grand Final. Toby took six marks and kicked 3.1 to be precise and that is a ******* site more than Billy did in Saturday's GF. I didn't have problem with Toby ahead of centre it was when Chocco decided to turn him into a key defender later in his career that the problems arose.

The big question with Frampton is where to from here? Will he get picked when Collingwood have a full list? I suspect not.

They aren't even really counter arguments.

Areas where Port needs improvement in order to win a flag:
1. Governance & culture
2. Head coach
3. Senior coaching assistant
4. KPDs
5. Ruck division

These areas need to be improved, they just aren't at the top of the list.

Yes, it all starts with your first point, get that right and the rest follows.

I really fear that we have gone too far down the corporate track and lost that old Port Adelide spirit. Most of the people associated with the PAFC these days did not grow up supporting Port as we did, many of them are appointments from other clubs or across the border. I always shake my head when I hear people like Matthew Richardson or Ken Hinkley talk about the Port Adelaide way. What would they know about it? Koch is a different matter as he has followed Port all his life and should know better, instead he adopts this new age warm and fuzzy ethos which would be more at home at Anglicare than at Alberton. Koch mouths off about Port Adelaide and success yet does all he can to take the PAFC away from what should be it's core business- winning Premierships.

I am not sure where the Club goes to from here but getting people like Warren Tredrea, George Fiacchi and possibly Tim Ginever involved, if that is possible, may be good a start.

Andrews had an equal game high 9 marks and a game high 8 intercept possessions amongst 16 disposals.

The most you could say for Frampton is he took Andrews from being BOG to merely one of the better players on ground

Mark Robinson on pp 44-45 of today's press complete with a two page colour spread. Robinson doesn't label Billy a 'star' but says he 'played the game of his life'. I would say a two page spread on a 2 possession player who limits his opponent to 16 disposals and 9 marks is giving someone the star treatment. I am obviously missing something because I cannot see the value in a player who has 2 possessions but whose opponent takes 9 marks.

As for Toby Thurstans, he actually kicked goals for us in that 2004 Grand Final. Toby took six marks and kicked 3.1 to be precise and that is a ******* site more than Billy did in Saturday's GF. I didn't have problem with Toby ahead of centre it was when Chocco decided to turn him into a key defender later in his career that the problems arose.

The big question with Frampton is where to from here? Will he get picked when Collingwood have a full list? I suspect not.
Collingwood will be smart and trade him high to a North, Dogs or Saints. More ironic, us 😂

People pointing out how underwhelming Frampton’s statline was have missed the point entirely.

Here’s an unheralded guy, who Collingwood have trusted to play as a break-glass tall in ruck, forward, and down back on and off all year, who came in and did a job in the biggest game of them all.

While our mastermind, whose record-breaking presence we’re being beaten to death with year after year, just crashed out in straight sets while giving a brutal clip to his backups/depth/kids.

70EC6098-B61E-4DCF-9E46-97A71A439213.jpeg
AD8C034B-932A-4988-8633-02A5D52A923F.jpeg

Billy Frampton has a premiership medallion, while Port goes back to the well looking to supply tortured genius Ken Hinkley with the ultimate array of talent after yet another late season bottle job and embarrassing home defeat.

Absolutely and utterly laughable.

Billy Frampton has a premiership medallion, while Port goes back to the well looking to supply tortured genius Ken Hinkley with the ultimate array of talent after yet another late season bottle job and embarrassing home defeat.

Hinkley can only be judged when the list is so good it doesn't have a weak link and everyone is fit and firing on the park.

Even then any finals exit will be qualified with statements like "the competition's so tough that you only have to be slightly off your game to be to taught a bit of a lesson" while Koch tees off on supporters being clueless and doubles down on backing his sunk cost fallacy in for the umpteenth time.

People pointing out how underwhelming Frampton’s statline was have missed the point entirely.

Here’s an unheralded guy, who Collingwood have trusted to play as a break-glass tall in ruck, forward, and down back on and off all year, who came in and did a job in the biggest game of them all.

While our mastermind, whose record-breaking presence we’re being beaten to death with year after year, just crashed out in straight sets while giving a brutal clip to his backups/depth/kids.

View attachment 1819940
View attachment 1819941

The fact that we played unfit players because we had no choice says a lot about the lack of depth in our list and as I see it we have no choice but 'to go back to the well'. Collingwood only had to cover a couple of players at most whereas we had to cover at least four. Dixon, McKenzie, Marshall, Aliir and Lycett all had some fitness question mark over them during the finals and possible replacements such as Teakle and Visentini also had injury leading up to the finals. Those players were all key position players and most of them are 195cm plus players. It was not simply the number of injuries but they type of players who were carrying those injuries. I am reluctant to give Hinkley mileage but this time around he does have a point as the cover was simply not there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back