News Billy Frampton signs with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure showed Ken with his 2 disposals, 2 FA and 4 clangers. Guess he was out to prove El_Scorcho right with his “every premiership team has spuds in it” comment.

He’s just lucky the rest of the team covered for him. Nathan Murphy had more of an impact on the game and he was subbed out in the first quarter.
You're defending this anti-Hinkley minutiae. WTF?

What's next? Telling us all how killing slow racing greyhounds is actually a good thing.

Exclusive photo of Frampton with his Premiership medal...

JYPpAjT.jpg

Premierships won by Billy Frampton: 1
Premierships won by Ken Hinkley: 0

Suck it up.

Port Adelaide Football Club 200-Gamers to have retired without a first grade premiership (1870-2023):

• Justin Westhoff
• Robbie Gray
• Tom Jonas
• (Travis Boak)
• (Ollie Wines)

Port Adelaide Football Club players to have won a premiership elsewhere (2013-2023):

• Brent Guerra
• Shaun Burgoyne
• Scott Lycett
• Junior Rioli
• Billy Frampton

Port Adelaide Football Club 200-Gamers to have retired without a first grade premiership (1870-2023):

• Justin Westhoff
• Robbie Gray
• Tom Jonas
• (Travis Boak)
• (Ollie Wines)

Port Adelaide Football Club players to have won a premiership elsewhere (2013-2023):

• Brent Guerra
• Shaun Burgoyne
• Scott Lycett
• Junior Rioli
• Billy Frampton

Brent Renouf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure showed Ken with his 2 disposals, 2 FA and 4 clangers. Guess he was out to prove El_Scorcho right with his “every premiership team has spuds in it” comment.

He’s just lucky the rest of the team covered for him. Nathan Murphy had more of an impact on the game and he was subbed out in the first quarter.
Lol, way to miss the point.

He was played effectively as a key defender on Andrews and his stats should be viewed through that lens, but yes, I do accept your concession.

Every single premiership team has average role players who would be viewed as spuds in a poor side but get carried to premiership glory by a great club, a great coach and great teammates. There are countless examples of players this has happened to, Frampton is just the latest.

I'd also note that if we were running with a KPF division of Mihocek, McStay and Ash Johnson with Cox as a resting ruck and Frampton pinch hitting, that would be wheeled out as an excuse for Ken Hinkley to fail. It would be wheeled out as an example of how our list isn't good enough to win a flag.
Here’s a question for you and the 17 other people who liked your post:

If you replaced Moore, Murphy, Howe, Quaynor, Maynard and Markov with Aliir, McKenzie, Jones, Houston, Burton and Williams…and McKenzie gets subbed off in the first quarter…do you think Collingwood wins that game against Brisbane?

If your answer is anything but “* no, our defence sucked this year” then you’re not being honest.

Now reverse that - if Collingwood had a forward line of Dixon, Marshall, Finlayson, Rioli, Powell-Pepper and Byrne-Jones, do you think they’d struggle to produce the 5 goals that the Collingwood forward line put together?

If your answer is anything but “I doubt it if De Goey, Pendlebury, Daicos and Sidebottom are feeding them the ball”, then again, you’re not being honest.

I think our midfield will get there with time. I think our defence needs a lot of work, hence the pursuit of Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher. If it costs a first round pick, it costs a first round pick, because it’s a problem that needs to be addressed regardless of who the coach is.

I don’t think we have spuds on our list. But we don’t have many role players who can consistently do a job either. And that makes it ******* hard for a young midfield to do more work than necessary.

If you replaced Moore, Murphy, Howe, Quaynor, Maynard and Markov with Aliir, McKenzie, Jones, Houston, Burton and Williams…and McKenzie gets subbed off in the first quarter…do you think Collingwood wins that game against Brisbane?

If your answer is anything but “* no, our defence sucked this year” then you’re not being honest.

Now reverse that - if Collingwood had a forward line of Dixon, Marshall, Finlayson, Rioli, Powell-Pepper and Byrne-Jones, do you think they’d struggle to produce the 5 goals that the Collingwood forward line put together?

If your answer is anything but “I doubt it if De Goey, Pendlebury, Daicos and Sidebottom are feeding them the ball”, then again, you’re not being honest.

I think our midfield will get there with time. I think our defence needs a lot of work, hence the pursuit of Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher. If it costs a first round pick, it costs a first round pick, because it’s a problem that needs to be addressed regardless of who the coach is.

I don’t think we have spuds on our list. But we don’t have many role players who can consistently do a job either. And that makes it ******* hard for a young midfield to do more work than necessary.

Why are you still going on about role players? We lost the Semi Final because of a 7 minute period where our midfield disappeared and were lucky to not be down by 10 goals at half time.
Nobody watched that game and was worried about anything else.

TL;DR: patience, true believers

I don’t think we have spuds on our list. But we don’t have many role players who can consistently do a job either.
That'd be because the main difference between role players who can consistently do a job and role players who can't consistently do a job is coaching.

I think if you put names like Markov, Murphy, Hill, Ginnivan, Lipinski, Cox etc into a Hinkley coached side they'd struggle for consistency as much as their Port Adelaide equivalents do.

With McRae as coach? Definitely.

With Hinkley as coach? Definitely not, with or without McKenzie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back