BikeExchange years 2022 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Very surprised Kooij chose to re sign with Jumbo. Will be interesting to see who the team has in mind for that second sprinter role next season

Very surprised Kooij chose to re sign with Jumbo. Will be interesting to see who the team has in mind for that second sprinter role next season
Blake Quick.

Blake Quick.

Blake Quick is not fast enough and is currently struggling at WT level - He has not been given the best program but at the same time, he struggles yo get over a bridge.

In more important news Jayco is about to join forces with Hageon Axeon CT who has a proven track record of developing under 23's - This will give Jayco access to more young riders, strenghten the program of Hageon, and also give Jayco the flexibility of rotating riders through the program - I'm interested to see if there will be a women's program.

In more important news Jayco is about to join forces with Hageon Axeon CT who has a proven track record of developing under 23's - This will give Jayco access to more young riders, strenghten the program of Hageon, and also give Jayco the flexibility of rotating riders through the program - I'm interested to see if there will be a women's program.
Great deal for Jayco, with lots of strong riders having come out of there in the last few years.
Agreed re quick, there is definitely room for the team to add a sprinter who can get some wins besides the groenwegen schedule.

It's an underwhelming squad - I only see one stage winner in Groenewegen, and even if Yates does a good GC, he is unlikely to win a stage from the GC group.
Agreed. Was surprised no Sobrero until the news today that he is heading to Bora next season.

Agreed. Was surprised no Sobrero until the news today that he is heading to Bora next season.

Feel sorry for Sobrero - Carried the team on his back in April racing in everything - Jayco then switched him from the Giro and the TDF - he's was a bit underwhelming in Suisse, however his two ITT's and his ITT in the Italian National Champiosnhips was solid - I'm guessing he is leaving for money because he was given leaderhsip at jayco.

Feel sorry for Sobrero - Carried the team on his back in April racing in everything - Jayco then switched him from the Giro and the TDF - he's was a bit underwhelming in Suisse, however his two ITT's and his ITT in the Italian National Champiosnhips was solid - I'm guessing he is leaving for money because he was given leaderhsip at jayco.
Is upsetting to lose him for sure, had showed good glimpses particularly this year. Surprised with all current movement in transfer market Jayco haven’t been linked to anyone

Is upsetting to lose him for sure, had showed good glimpses particularly this year. Surprised with all current movement in transfer market Jayco haven’t been linked to anyone

They've already signed neo Pro Anders Foldager who won a stage in the Baby Giro for next year - They will sign Davide De Pretto who rode as a stagiare in 2022 - He's performed well in the under 23's with two or three wins - Got one or two podiums and the points jersey in the Baby Giro - Thought they would have been linked with a few riders, seeing they have an increased budget - I was interested in Sivakov but looks like he's going to UAE - Thought they might get Welsford as a second sprinter - What they need is two or three B Grade Belgian/Dutch classics types for one day races - This would be my priority.

They've already signed neo Pro Anders Foldager who won a stage in the Baby Giro for next year - They will sign Davide De Pretto who rode as a stagiare in 2022 - He's performed well in the under 23's with two or three wins - Got one or two podiums and the points jersey in the Baby Giro - Thought they would have been linked with a few riders, seeing they have an increased budget - I was interested in Sivakov but looks like he's going to UAE - Thought they might get Welsford as a second sprinter - What they need is two or three B Grade Belgian/Dutch classics types for one day races - This would be my priority.
Should put work into Dainese who's linked with Tudor. Too good for a Conti team.

Magnus Cort another they should target for Classics

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should put work into Dainese who's linked with Tudor. Too good for a Conti team.

Magnus Cort another they should target for Classics
Cort who they signed as a neo-pro and who they developed beautifully, allegedly left because Jayco wasn't developing his Classics potential - The strangest thing is he left for increased wages and he's never developed as a classics rider. Anyway he's linked with Uno X and Dainese with Tudor.

Bring Caleb home.

There is no way he will be returning to Jayco - He always wants a full team to support him, which was the real reason he did not get to ride the 2018 TDF - I suspect one of the French teams or Israel will relieve Lotto dstny of his contract.

Reports coming out that we're really into Mauro Schmid. Only 23, won the Coppi e Bartali this year. Probably a good Sobrero replacement.

Michael Storer and David De La Cruz also unlikely to stay at their current sides. Would hope we're well into Storer in particular.

Reports coming out that we're really into Mauro Schmid. Only 23, won the Coppi e Bartali this year. Probably a good Sobrero replacement.

Michael Storer and David De La Cruz also unlikely to stay at their current sides. Would hope we're well into Storer in particular.
I think Schmid would be a great signing. Storer to add more climbers also good move. Would be great to provide more climbing support to Dunbar & Yates

So, let's look at Le Tour overall.

4th in GC (Yates) and 16th (Harper)
3x second on stage (Yates, Groenewegen)
1x third on stage (Groenewegen)
16x top 10 finishes in stages

If Groenewegen or Yates had won one of those stages it would have been an excellent tour. Overall a pass, despite Simon missing out on the podium by 90 seconds or so.

It was more than a pass result by Jayco Alula - I pose the question. Who had a better TDF Quickstep or Jayco? It's a no brainer. Sometimes a fluke stage win can gloss over the inadequacies of a teams performance.

Schmid will be an excellent signing, although I expected more with the increased budget. Jayco has never rated Storer, so I doubt whether he'll end up on the team but one can be surprised.

They are linked to Walscheid which will boost their non-existent Cobbles squad - Interested to see how Dunbar does in the Tour of Poland - Bling is a worry for the upcoming World's - Crashed in Ordiasiko, then made it to the strat line Castilla Y leon and made it through one day and overnight DNF San Sebastian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back