Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gino Mader

• Esteban Chaves

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd just watch the climb unless your a Mitch Docker fan. He commentated last night with Matt and Gerro.
I thought he was pretty good really.

Who are we looking at for the ITT? Obviously Hayter and Dennis are the favourites but Wright, Durbridge, Roglic and Evenepoel are good top 5 chances

Nice to see that the lead out train worked for Bike Exchange. Important win. Kelland O'Brien should be part of Groenewegen's lead out next year as well, he was excellent last night.

Nice to see that the lead out train worked for Bike Exchange. Important win. Kelland O'Brien should be part of Groenewegen's lead out next year as well, he was excellent last night.

I reckon they were lucky Alpecin went to the front twice in the last 1-2 k. Not sure of the tactics given Merlier was badly positioned. I kinda think they were looking after their new signing. Hepburn as last man I don't think I have seen before, but this is a really weak sprint field and not many trains were lining up.

I reckon they were lucky Alpecin went to the front twice in the last 1-2 k. Not sure of the tactics given Merlier was badly positioned. I kinda think they were looking after their new signing. Hepburn as last man I don't think I have seen before, but this is a really weak sprint field and not many trains were lining up.
It helped but they were still the best lead out train last night.

Yeah it isn't a strong sprint field with Bennett out, but Merlier, Pederson and Ackermann are still pretty good. I thought O'Brien would be the last man but he looks good at the second last man position still.

Jumbo pacing the bottom of the climb I didn't get if Roglic wasn't gonna try something. I still feel like he is waiting for the higher altitude which he has performed well at in the past, Remco is a massive unknown at 1500+ metres. The biggest story now is Ayuso testing positive and being allowed to continue. They may as well not test anymore which is pretty s**t for the likes of BEX and Yates who have missed out on very likely UCI points for a top 5 finish.

Jumbo pacing the bottom of the climb I didn't get if Roglic wasn't gonna try something. I still feel like he is waiting for the higher altitude which he has performed well at in the past, Remco is a massive unknown at 1500+ metres. The biggest story now is Ayuso testing positive and being allowed to continue. They may as well not test anymore which is pretty s**t for the likes of BEX and Yates who have missed out on very likely UCI points for a top 5 finish.
Yeah, assuming he wouldn't have blown up because of it.

Ayuso will eventually drop out like Majka did in Le Tour which is another shame, because he's riding well.

Happy that Mads won tonight. He's almost at the "just needs to stay upright" to win green, as much as I would love it to come down to the last couple of stages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good stage by JV. Only way it could have been better is if Roglic won instead of finishing 3rd. He's still the favourite for me, Remco is probably 2 years away from being able to hold it over the three weeks IMO.

Good stage by JV. Only way it could have been better is if Roglic won instead of finishing 3rd. He's still the favourite for me, Remco is probably 2 years away from being able to hold it over the three weeks IMO.

Tonight's stage is the big one, could be massive time gaps. I think he did well to keep it under 1 minute but his crash would be having an effect, it was at high speed and deep skin grazes would be causing tightness in his hip. On his side is he could still struggle tonight and be in contention, a lot more medium mountain stages to come.

Tonight's stage is the big one, could be massive time gaps. I think he did well to keep it under 1 minute but his crash would be having an effect, it was at high speed and deep skin grazes would be causing tightness in his hip. On his side is he could still struggle tonight and be in contention, a lot more medium mountain stages to come.
Yeah, the last climb looks absolutely brutal

I just saw the graphic for the final climb, the Sierra Navada, and it looks insane. Torture.
I was getting lonely. Expect big time gaps on it really. Not convinced that this break stays away with this gap

It helped but they were still the best lead out train last night.

Yeah it isn't a strong sprint field with Bennett out, but Merlier, Pederson and Ackermann are still pretty good. I thought O'Brien would be the last man but he looks good at the second last man position still.

O'Brien has been the second last rider for Groves for most of the season while Campbell Stewart has been the last rider - Thought it was a risk to bring O'Brien to the Vuelta which was borne out with his withdrawal during stage 15.

O'Brien has been the second last rider for Groves for most of the season while Campbell Stewart has been the last rider - Thought it was a risk to bring O'Brien to the Vuelta which was borne out with his withdrawal during stage 15.
Risky, sure. But he delivered.

Been surprised how well Remco has fought after being dropped last 2 days. He has come a long way in 12 months. Looks like heat has been a bigger factor for him than altitude. Quickstep now need to ride smarter and conserve energy if they want to keep him in it.

Lucky for Quickstep that he can recover today and tomorrow with the rest day and then a flat stage. They don't really know how to ride for GC though, they're a sprinters team first and foremost.

Been surprised how well Remco has fought after being dropped last 2 days. He has come a long way in 12 months. Looks like heat has been a bigger factor for him than altitude. Quickstep now need to ride smarter and conserve energy if they want to keep him in it.
Remco is saying that his body is still stiff from the fall he had a couple of days ago. If true, then he should be better after back-to-back rest days today & tomorrow. If he's lying, and the problem is really fatigue, then it's game on.

Tonight will be an average stage, same with Sunday, but 17-20 will be very exciting.

Pederson is 173 points ahead of second in green so whilst it's mathematically possible for him to lose, it's hard to see it if he doesn't catch COVID/falls.
Jay Vine is 29 points ahead of Carapaz with 80 points left available in the polka dot race. It's still a race, but he can really focus on stages 18 and 20 to win it.
White is all but done for Remco, unless he blows up completely as Ayuso/Rodriguez both look like they're fatiguing.
Teams is all but confirmed for UAE, nearly half an hour ahead of Ineos.
Red will be between the current top 3, Ayuso and Rodriguez are too far back now to challenge. We'll see how Remco goes in week 3, last year he blew up in the Giro on the couple of mountain top finishes before he dropped out, finishing 24 and 36 minutes behind the favourites in those two.

Back