Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Kane the only play that can pick apart a team that parks the bus ? If the alternate is Kulu shouldn’t he be more centre - Answer, yes it’s Kulu, and no it probably doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Some people think Jesus walking on water is special

In less than a year Conte has been able to get Davies, Doherty and Emerson Royal all get on the scoresheet in the same game

Some people think Jesus walking on water is special

In less than a year Conte has been able to get Davies, Doherty and Emerson Royal all get on the scoresheet in the same game

And yet none of them inspire confidence for the entire game…though to be fair, Davies goal was impressive.

Romero is the defensive player to build around going forward.

Harry Kane reminds me so much of Tom Hawkins. The guy who is a top drawer exponent at scoring goals, who you would want at the end of a chain scoring the goals…

Just so happens to be the best in the team at passing it to a teammate with precision. Leading to lots of goal assists also.

Harry Kane reminds me so much of Tom Hawkins. The guy who is a top drawer exponent at scoring goals, who you would want at the end of a chain scoring the goals…

Just so happens to be the best in the team at passing it to a teammate with precision. Leading to lots of goal assists also.
has become the number he wears.

Would be nice for White to get some PL minutes
Yes, was hoping for some White and Scarlett minutes but not to be. If that's the only thing I'm complaining about, you can tell it was a good morning!

And yet none of them inspire confidence for the entire game…though to be fair, Davies goal was impressive.

Romero is the defensive player to build around going forward.

I’ll stand up for Davies a bit here.

He’s limited, we all know that but he’s also a very, very good pro. The guy prepares well, is rarely injured, makes few bad errors and is versatile in that he can play in a back 3 or a back 4. He’s disciplined, tactically astute, technically sound, sticks to his job, works hard and loves the club.

He’s no world beater but every club needs several Ben Davies’ types and in my opinion he has given great service for a prolonged period.

As for Doherty, I am giving him a mulligan for his first season. Word is that Covid hit him rather hard and he was playing catchup thereafter. He’s playing some excellent football at present.

He’s limited, we all know that but he’s also a very, very good pro. The guy prepares well, is rarely injured, makes few bad errors and is versatile in that he can play in a back 3 or a back 4. He’s disciplined, tactically astute, technically sound, sticks to his job, works hard and loves the club.

He’s no world beater but every club needs several Ben Davies’ types and in my opinion he has given great service for a prolonged period.
Not sure he could play in a back 4 anymore. In a 3, i think he has been solid. It helps when Dier is the anchor next to him rather than Sanchez

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure he could play in a back 4 anymore. In a 3, i think he has been solid. It helps when Dier is the anchor next to him rather than Sanchez

No doubt he’s better in a 3 but he gave good service at LWB (probably a more traditional LB) although Conte’s way of using the wing-backs might be a bit beyond him.

Still, 170 odd appearances in 8 seasons is a good return. And he’s only 28 so has plenty of football left and/or reasonable resale value if we decide it time to move him on.

As for Doherty, I am giving him a mulligan for his first season. Word is that Covid hit him rather hard and he was playing catchup thereafter. He’s playing some excellent football at present.
Doherty at LWB with a goal and a cracking assist.

better LCB than LB or CB with one partner

That was a good team we rolled out today
With Doherty & Sess impressing, i wonder if we're nudging Madrid on Reg so we get the 50m odd buy back.

Trip to South America didn't seem to harm Romero. Thought that was his best game for us
He could easily be in the top 5 defenders in the league with a full season without soft tissue injuries. He's almost there this season and we got robbed of him for months

We've signed a lot of good guys who just aren't first team quality. Good to have them in the squad but we have a few too many now. From all reports Sanchez, Bergwijn, Lucas and Rodon have all been brilliant on the training pitch without minutes to show for it. So was Doherty all that time Emerson was picked ahead of him. Davies would be another. But how many nice guys can we carry in the squad. If we could sell 3 to fund a world class Romero level LCB to push Davies to a squad role are we better chance at pushing on? I think so.

On doherty it was even this year conte didn't rate him to start with. Confidence and/or covid surely because he is a safe wing back pick as shown at wolves. Needs the system to suit his style which isn't a dribbler or brilliant crosser. But someone who makes great far post runs. Can play a decent ball from time to time. He'll stifle more attacks than the two LWBs but he is far greater goal threat than Reggy and defender than Sess. And far superior to Emerson in all aspects. I've come around to him being in the squad next season. Would like him plus a RWB with dribbling and occasional crossing threat. At LWB happy with the two we've got. If we could snare one into the academy sides so if we do get 2 injuries there's a 19 year old ready to go that would be sugar on top.

We've signed a lot of good guys who just aren't first team quality. Good to have them in the squad but we have a few too many now. From all reports Sanchez, Bergwijn, Lucas and Rodon have all been brilliant on the training pitch without minutes to show for it. So was Doherty all that time Emerson was picked ahead of him. Davies would be another. But how many nice guys can we carry in the squad. If we could sell 3 to fund a world class Romero level LCB to push Davies to a squad role are we better chance at pushing on? I think so.

On doherty it was even this year conte didn't rate him to start with. Confidence and/or covid surely because he is a safe wing back pick as shown at wolves. Needs the system to suit his style which isn't a dribbler or brilliant crosser. But someone who makes great far post runs. Can play a decent ball from time to time. He'll stifle more attacks than the two LWBs but he is far greater goal threat than Reggy and defender than Sess. And far superior to Emerson in all aspects. I've come around to him being in the squad next season. Would like him plus a RWB with dribbling and occasional crossing threat. At LWB happy with the two we've got. If we could snare one into the academy sides so if we do get 2 injuries there's a 19 year old ready to go that would be sugar on top.

Leaving the nice guy discussion aside, I just think Davies is a much better footballer than many give him credit for. He doesn’t get bashed around by the Spurs faithful, he just gets dismissed as being pretty vanilla. And he is. And that’s fine. His role isn’t to perform Cruyff-turns and please the fans, it’s to be secure and disciplined.

For me he was at least the equal of Romero and Kane today but he barely rates a mention when he plays well. Which is more often than most.

buy back on Reggy i'd take and use it to fund another CB.
Could feasibly go a back 5 of Doherty/Royal + Romero + Dier + newbie + Sess/davies
Rodon probably needs a team where he plays but isn't us. He's good for Wales but clearly not viewed as viable in our system

I'd say the same for Sanchez now. clearly not trusted.
Bergy & Lucas - worth something to others, or do they sit on our bench?

Still need a midfielder (too shallow)...ideally a creative one who can step in with the passing when Kane is out...

Leaving the nice guy discussion aside, I just think Davies is a much better footballer than many give him credit for. He doesn’t get bashed around by the Spurs faithful, he just gets dismissed as being pretty vanilla. And he is. And that’s fine. His role isn’t to perform Cruyff-turns and please the fans, it’s to be secure and disciplined.

For me he was at least the equal of Romero and Kane today but he barely rates a mention when he plays well. Which is more often than most.
It was a great header. First goal in a very long time. Very unDavies like. He is a perfectly fine footballer and worthy of a squad spot at any club in the league. But would he start at the very best? No. He would probably be behind Ake who is also a fine squad player.

We have one of the top 3 managers in the league. We have the best striker and his robin we should try to surround them with the quality that is worthy of starting anywhere else in the top 4.

Being a squad player is what has got him 150+ appearances already. He'd still get 20 a year behind a world class LCB. Heck I'd even love a young up and comer who might take a year to go well past him. Davies would be perfect to have as the senior with a 20-22 yr old talent coming snapping at his heels after settling.

Ben Davies isn't the problem as a player as such. It's just that having a Ben Davies as a nailed on starter like we do means you won't win a trophy. Simple as that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back